Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Jul 5, 2009 at 6:47 PM Post #616 of 10,932
Looks amazing. What is the clever cabling from ipods to amp/DAC?

Jul 5, 2009 at 7:09 PM Post #617 of 10,932
Quote:

Originally Posted by Prog Rock Man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks amazing. What is the clever cabling from ipods to amp/DAC?

Thanks

Line out from ipods to Graham slee headphone amp. The chord gem is the dac for the laptop.

Jul 5, 2009 at 7:27 PM Post #618 of 10,932
Quote:

Originally Posted by c3p0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks

Line out from ipods to Graham slee headphone amp. The chord gem is the dac for the laptop.

Sorry, I meant what is the actual cable you use? The connection to the port on the ipod looks like the one from the Russ Andrews GQ-24. But I see a phono connection from that. What are they?

Jul 5, 2009 at 7:32 PM Post #619 of 10,932
Quote:

Sorry, I meant what is the actual cable you use? The connection to the port on the ipod looks like the one from the Russ Andrews GQ-24. But I see a phono connection from that. What are they?

It is an Ibasso ipod Lineout adapter with a stereo output (On the end of the Ipods). I then have an ichord stereo to rca connected to these.

Jul 5, 2009 at 7:37 PM Post #620 of 10,932
Thanks for that, off to google those products!

Jul 5, 2009 at 11:11 PM Post #622 of 10,932
Quote:

Originally Posted by c3p0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A very nice setup. Looks awesome.

I was actually about to comment on yours. Very impressive. Are those 3 monitors all 24 inch?

All that's missing from your images is a comfortable executive chair.

Jul 5, 2009 at 11:32 PM Post #623 of 10,932
Quote:

Thanks for that, off to google those products!

The same LOD that iBasso sells is also sold on eBay by AW Audio. It's a convenient little LOD and allows you to make use of an existing mini cable.

Jul 5, 2009 at 11:40 PM Post #624 of 10,932
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shahrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was actually about to comment on yours. Very impressive. Are those 3 monitors all 24 inch?

All that's missing from your images is a comfortable executive chair.

Thanks. I have a pretty sweet leather chair I just never include it in pictures lol.

Monitors are all 24inch yeah. Dell 2408s.

Jul 6, 2009 at 10:58 AM Post #625 of 10,932
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ham Sandwich /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The same LOD that iBasso sells is also sold on eBay by AW Audio. It's a convenient little LOD and allows you to make use of an existing mini cable.

Thanks for that, just what I have been looking for to connect ipod to portable amp.

Jul 6, 2009 at 2:34 PM Post #626 of 10,932
Quote:

Originally Posted by roker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IMG_1666.jpg

Got my Fubar III today and took back my 595s for a set of Grado 125s (wanted the 80s, but they didn't have it)

Anyway I'm very very happy with it. This is my official computer rig, if I do ever decide to go higher on the audiophile totem pole, it'll be a whole new setup from ground up.

. . . I need some tips on wire management . . .

edit: on second thought, maybe I'll add a small subwoofer somewhere down the line

Roker,
How are the M-00s?
I've heard good things about them.

Jul 7, 2009 at 5:18 AM Post #627 of 10,932
Here's me comfy desk setup. Little dot II+ amp, headphonia port. amp I use constantly w/ gain/cross/bassboost (a shame he was pushed outta head-fi imo!)

Woodied (deep cup) grado 125's w/ some velvety kinda red headphone-covers--(donut grado pads underneath, who knows how rotted those are ewwww^^)

--Huckster

Oh, I also find it amusing that so many setups had macs in them (others were mostly small Laptops or custom-built towers, Not many plain-jane windows towers, they must suck or something)

pps.. Stop Quoting people's huge pics over and over again plz..

Jul 12, 2009 at 6:18 PM Post #629 of 10,932
what nordost cables are those? I love the ribbon style

Users who are viewing this thread

Back