Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Jun 7, 2009 at 12:03 PM Post #466 of 10,948
Quote:

Originally Posted by 03029174 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here's mine

3913270_882x562.jpg

Could you post a pic of the whole desk? I'm making myself a new one and its going to be a combo of wood and plexi
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 7, 2009 at 12:21 PM Post #467 of 10,948
Quote:

Originally Posted by thebathingape /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry but this is rubbish. I am responsible for stationary machines in a computerstore, and we have probably sold a thousand+ of spinpoint F1 in the last year. Of all the drives the ones we get the most with faults these days are Seagate 1tb tbh (and SSDs lol).

I used to like WD alot, but all my new drives these days are Samsung spinpoint.
Of course we have faults on F1s as well, but it is surprisingly little compared to the volume we sell.

Believe what you want.
I've spoken to several datacenter people, everybody had the same opinion: don't buy Samsung.

I won't further comment on this now, it was simply a warning and not the start of a discussion.

I've read too much "my hdd has died" posts.

Jun 7, 2009 at 12:31 PM Post #468 of 10,948
Quote:

Originally Posted by condor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Believe what you want.
I've spoken to several datacenter people, everybody had the same opinion: don't buy Samsung.

I won't further comment on this now, it was simply a warning and not the start of a discussion.

I've read too much "my hdd has died" posts.

Lol i am not "believing". I am seeing.

And your experience isn't first hand either....

Jun 7, 2009 at 7:14 PM Post #469 of 10,948
Quote:

Originally Posted by .Sup /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Could you post a pic of the whole desk? I'm making myself a new one and its going to be a combo of wood and plexi
smily_headphones1.gif

I would recommend you stay away from plexi for a work surface. That stuff scratches way to easily. A piece of glass with rounded edges would not only look better but stay looking nicer longer.

Jun 7, 2009 at 7:28 PM Post #470 of 10,948
Quote:

Originally Posted by m1abrams /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would recommend you stay away from plexi for a work surface. That stuff scratches way to easily. A piece of glass with rounded edges would not only look better but stay looking nicer longer.

X2

Jun 7, 2009 at 10:49 PM Post #475 of 10,948
that's a beautiful setup, c3p0

Jun 8, 2009 at 3:43 AM Post #476 of 10,948
wow what kind of toshiba is that? does it have toslink or mini optical?

Jun 8, 2009 at 9:02 PM Post #478 of 10,948
Thanks for all your kind comments guys much appreciated. There are some really awesome setups in this thread which I have used to inspire the setup of mine. Mine is still in the making and will continue to grow. I have the other side of the room! lols.

The stands are xstands and I bought the straight from the apple website. They are cheaper on ebay but I am not a fan of paypal, so I just got them from the applesite as the delivery was quick etc,

I use the scandyna and the aktimates (bigger speakers) together normally as I think the scandynas hit the trebles better. If I dont want to much volume I will use the scandynas on the their own. I had the speakers at the top as my main speakers for a while and left them there as U had my ipods there at one time setup and used to use them with those lol.

Jun 12, 2009 at 1:26 AM Post #480 of 10,948
This is my current setup. I only just got the DAC today and I'm loving it. I've got the upgraded PSU-1 arriving soon for my Solo too.

vh58k0.jpg

2zr2wit.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back