[Pictorial Review] Head-Direct's RE2
Sep 10, 2008 at 6:12 PM Post #61 of 103
I have RE2's also. The bi-flanges never fit. I'm using the large single flanges and they seal pretty well. As with most or all IEM's, seal is vital in order to get sufficient bass response.

Sep 10, 2008 at 6:24 PM Post #62 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott549 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have RE2's also. The bi-flanges never fit. I'm using the large single flanges and they seal pretty well. As with most or all IEM's, seal is vital in order to get sufficient bass response.

I was using the large single flanges, but my ears got sore after a bit, the medium are working so far, but I may try some of the foam inserts i read about to stiffen them up a bit. not sure, I'm going to live with them like this for a bit, then try different. I've considered looking into the FiiO little amp a bit later for fun. supposed to increase bass as well as overall soundstage. cant go wrong for the bucks. we'll see

Sep 14, 2008 at 5:18 AM Post #63 of 103
Speaking of which, how do you folks squeeze the damned single flanges on? I'm having an ass of a time trying to get mine to fit as I have only tried to swap out the bi-flanges recently. They're incredibly small...

Sep 14, 2008 at 5:27 AM Post #64 of 103
I use the 135 degree approach: Put the nozzle and the flange ar an 135 degree angle of each other, push the nozzle in on one corner than turn it back to 180 degree.

Sep 14, 2008 at 6:04 AM Post #65 of 103
Invert the flanges first then use clieos's method. Much easier that way. Though still difficult.

Sep 14, 2008 at 6:52 AM Post #66 of 103
Wow, it worked.
biggrin.gif

Jan 16, 2009 at 6:46 PM Post #69 of 103
Hey guys, just bumping this thread as i don't wanna start another one.

I think I'm gonna get a pair of RE2s soon but i have some questions before i do so.

I love good mids/highs and soundstage, so the RE2s would probably suit me right? How about the etymotic ER6i? I've read that the RE2s are a step up from the ER6is and even though the ER6is have really clear highs, they tend to lack soundstage? Can anyone confirm this please?

Do you guys think there are any more phones that i should consider besides these two? My budget is around $80

Ohyea and i listen to mainly jazz, indie rock and classical and will be using my samsung t10 DAP with a cmoy.

Cheers

Jan 17, 2009 at 5:14 PM Post #72 of 103
The only thing ER6i is clearly better than RE2, IMO, is isolation. I prefer RE2 over ER6i for all other things.

Feb 27, 2009 at 8:36 PM Post #75 of 103
Burning-in a pair that will hit 48 hours later this afternoon - will post a link to my review when the burn-in is done.

Initial impressions are that it is a detailed and forward sounding IEM without too much or too little bass. It is more forward but with slightly less bass than a Nuforce NE-7M, but with more bass than an NE-8 (which is a good thing). Kinda like the differences in a Grado RS-1 (less forward more bass) vs RS-2 (more forward less bass). Vocals and guitar with Jack Johnson are good. It will be interesting to see where they go as I complete burn-in.

The cable is now a 1 piece without extension, unlike the photos in post #1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back