pics of Grado travel cases?
Sep 19, 2005 at 8:31 PM Post #151 of 192
These are all great ideas. but I *really* want to get one of the Taiwanese cases. They're perfect for my needs and just the right size. I don't want hard plastic or wood, but something "softsided" that will hold my MS-1s, my amp, and my Zen Micro.

What about the (shudder) Bose QuietComfort 2 cases? They're available on eBay pretty regularly and look very similiar to the cases in Elephas' photos. Has anyone tried them out? Barring that, I'd also be willing to order a few directly from the Taiwanese site if I know the click-throughs.

Sep 19, 2005 at 8:34 PM Post #153 of 192
I tried ordering them of the the website but with no luck, I ran a translator on it (chineses Simp to english) but some parts fo the site wouldnt work and I cant figure it out when its in chinese like that.

also regarding the bose cases... yeah they should work. I beleive the consensus was that these were knock offs of that design and the bose were more expensive

Sep 19, 2005 at 9:08 PM Post #154 of 192
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bleed
is this the one on Staples?

42044_01_enl.jpg

its $6.99 now

That's the one I got, and it was only two bucks. The Grado foam is a little bit of a tight fit, but once you get them in there, it's solid as heck! Great case, but this thread has inspired me to seek out my very wood-knowledgeable friend and have him make me a nice custom case. That would rule.

Sep 19, 2005 at 9:12 PM Post #155 of 192
Quote:

Originally Posted by chungsoi
I don't think this group buy will ever work out. I've been waiting in hope for months but I don't think Jude is approving.

It's not that this specific group buy isn't allowed, group buys as a whole are not allowed unless you are a vendor sponsoring the forum. Still, I think we all look back a few months ago when group buys were allowed and it brought a lot of people really great things that they wouldn't normally be able to get. I think Jude and the moderators recognize that these group buys are important to us and the community at large (hell, we ARE the community at large) but they have lives and things to think about other than the forum. Give them time, they'll figure out a solution and once that happens I see no problem with this group buy going through.

Sep 19, 2005 at 9:27 PM Post #156 of 192
Quote:

Originally Posted by jerb
I tried ordering them of the the website but with no luck, I ran a translator on it (chineses Simp to english) but some parts fo the site wouldnt work and I cant figure it out when its in chinese like that.

It's understandable that you'd have problems since the Chinese used in Taiwan is primarily Traditional while the Chinese in China is Simplified. I did the dirty work for you and picked out their english ordering page though.

http://www.hifi.com.tw/adm_static/ad_help_e.php

Sep 19, 2005 at 10:32 PM Post #157 of 192
Quote:

Originally Posted by mow_the_hawk
What can are you going to put in there.

Either the RS-1 or the PS-1.
rs1smile.gif

Sep 20, 2005 at 5:08 AM Post #158 of 192
Quote:

Originally Posted by VR6ofpain
Is it copper or is it rust? Metal zippers sometimes rust in moist weather conditions.

I'm not certain, but I don't think it is rust. It looks like a thread running beneath the teeth of the zippers. The copper color appears at regular intervals on one side of the case. In lower-light conditions it's not that noticeable.

You may contact the shop with the English-language page provided by Oddball. They told me they often ship products to Europe and the US.

Here's the product page for the case, encoded in Traditional Chinese.
http://www.hifi.com.tw/adm_product/a...anuniq=58#1181
http://www.hifi.com.tw/images/produc...hone_box_l.jpg

BTW, their price for the Alessandro MS2i is very low, around US$244.

Sep 20, 2005 at 6:35 AM Post #159 of 192
i hope the mods don't mind this but i'm going to link to a for sale thread. i was in taiwan last week and brought back a few for head-fiers. i'm not doing this to make a profit but just to help out some here that have been having trouble getting them.

mods, if you feel this is out of line please feel free to delete this reply. anyways, here's the link to the for sale section they're in.

Sep 20, 2005 at 7:34 AM Post #160 of 192
I will send a free case from HiFi.com.tw to one randomly chosen member who has posted in this thread and also in Meier-Audio's Prehead prototype raffle thread.

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=135574

To post in the Prehead raffle thread, you'll need to send at least US$13 to Meier-Audio for the raffle.

I'll write down the names of everyone with posts in both threads and draw the winner of a free case out of a box. If the response is good I'll consider increasing the number of cases.

Sep 22, 2005 at 8:27 AM Post #161 of 192
Instead of just one case, I will send a free case for every ten members who post in this thread and in the Prehead raffle thread.

This means you will have a 1 in 10 chance of winning a free case, as well as the chance to win the Prehead prototype from Meier-Audio.

Sep 22, 2005 at 2:10 PM Post #163 of 192
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elephas
Instead of just one case, I will send a free case for every ten members who post in this thread and in the Prehead raffle thread.

This means you will have a 1 in 10 chance of winning a free case, as well as the chance to win the Prehead prototype from Meier-Audio.

Wow that is very generous of you Elephas! I'm still enjoying this case alot, on nice days I even go out JUST with this case - the cans are on my head, the ipod and amp are in the webbing outside the case, the strap is being used, and the velcro strap holder is big enough to tuck the amp in there and secure it in the webbing outside the case. Very versatile! But when it rains/snows, back to the camera bag to protect the amp/ipod.

Sep 22, 2005 at 5:00 PM Post #165 of 192
Sounds good to me too. Thanks for the great offer. I have been trying to convince a member at sg headphones to sell one to me.

Jahn, thanks for the great feedback. Even impressions on travel cases are much appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back