pics of Grado travel cases?
Nov 28, 2005 at 3:09 PM Post #181 of 192
Quote:

Originally Posted by southsea
hello everyone

the bose case QC2, is avaliable from the bose spares department. for the uk, that is 08707414500. the product code is QC2 33069. it costs 12.99 pounds.

i have just ordered mine for my Grado sr-80. i will report back when it arrives.

Hey becareful ! This is not the very same one !!

The case is not flat in it, it has a form adapted to the QC2, I know it.
It's gonna be useless with your grado, I've already tried it. No way to make them feet in.

Nov 28, 2005 at 3:29 PM Post #182 of 192
I might have a weird QC2 case, but the foam parts that adapted the case to the headphones were only velcroed on and were easily removeable. I remember using a Bose case to hold my Grados. They did have comestic differences from the Grado travel cases, but they were mostly the same design.

Nov 28, 2005 at 3:41 PM Post #183 of 192
oops... ok i will wait and see and then post back. if that foam is velcroed in, them hopefully it will be ok, if not, then maybe i can take out the stitching a remove it.

anyway fingers crossed. it should be with me within a week.

Nov 28, 2005 at 4:49 PM Post #184 of 192
Thanks ELPHAS, for the very generous offer! Count me in. While we are talking about cases, if I don't win one mind you, has anyone tried to order from the Taiwanese website? I don't know how to navigate the site and place an order. Any help would be great...

Nov 29, 2005 at 11:42 AM Post #185 of 192
Quote:

Originally Posted by coco
Thanks ELPHAS, for the very generous offer! Count me in. While we are talking about cases, if I don't win one mind you, has anyone tried to order from the Taiwanese website? I don't know how to navigate the site and place an order. Any help would be great...

this is the closest ive got:

Order and Payment info for oversea customers

http://www.hifi.com.tw/adm_static/ad_help_e.php

Nov 29, 2005 at 5:21 PM Post #186 of 192
Quote:

Originally Posted by southsea
this is the closest ive got:

Order and Payment info for oversea customers

http://www.hifi.com.tw/adm_static/ad_help_e.php

Maybe we should all just try this. The cases are dirt cheap from over there and shipping can't be that much. It would also save a lot of work by not having to coordinate a group buy. *shrug* I might try to order one and see how it goes.

Nov 29, 2005 at 5:54 PM Post #187 of 192
I think I'll order. Now I have the payment method, I can't find the %$#@ case on the website. I'll look for a link, thanks, C

Nov 29, 2005 at 6:13 PM Post #189 of 192
Quote:

Originally Posted by coco
I think I'll order. Now I have the payment method, I can't find the %$#@ case on the website. I'll look for a link, thanks, C

Found it? Its here:
Link
Pic
And more pic!
icon10.gif

Nov 29, 2005 at 6:19 PM Post #190 of 192
Thanks. But can you order from this link? For me it just links to the picture, is there an order page? Hmm..

Dec 5, 2005 at 2:29 PM Post #192 of 192
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ko Nectic Jazz
Hey becareful ! This is not the very same one !!

The case is not flat in it, it has a form adapted to the QC2, I know it.
It's gonna be useless with your grado, I've already tried it. No way to make them feet in.

the bose case arrived over the weekend. it did have an extra thing stitched into the inside. i unstitched it and it came off easily. it now looks 99.9% the same as the bcase from the tawain website. my sr-80s fit in comfortably and there is over 1cm space above them. actually i put my shure e2 and case in the wound up grado cable, and there is enough space for my ipod too. there is a kangeroo style pouch on the back for extra stuff too, maybe an amp for example. anyway, i am happy.

ps. i also unstitched the bose badge from the front

Users who are viewing this thread

Back