Pico - USB DAC/Amplifier From HeadAmp
Jan 17, 2008 at 7:14 PM Post #632 of 711
Quote:

Originally Posted by sunreal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone miss crossfeed on the Pico?

I'm considering to buy the Pico for my Sennheiser 595s; it would be my first headphone amp. I understand the extremely good DAC and decent amp should improve the separation of instruments and therefore the soundstage. But does that help enough to get the music 'out of' your head?

I do like my phones (currently connected to shabby line out on Macbook Pro), but it still feels as if the music is being played in my head, instead of in front of me. Will an amp like the Pico be able to solve that?

If you want crossfeed and an out-of-head experience, try SRS iWOW plug-in for Mac iTunes. The defaults are excessive, but it can be customized to provide much more subtile effects. SRS iWOW 2.0.2.255 - MacUpdate

Jan 21, 2008 at 10:16 PM Post #633 of 711
Just got my Pico, and it is absolutely wonderful.

Compared to my CEC HD 53R, I have to say the Pico doesn't exactly stand up to a home-amp especially in the bass department, but the DAC sure is something. It annihilates every single line-out I have, including my DCP-150 and various PCDPs/DAPs.

I'm just a little mad at myself because I let the bottom plate scratch
frown.gif

Jan 24, 2008 at 3:40 PM Post #634 of 711
Hi Guys,

I'm Pico owner, i noticed when i listen and charge at the same time with computer as my source. It always stop after few songs and i have to stop start on my player.

do you guys experience the same thing.

Thanks,

Jan 24, 2008 at 4:03 PM Post #635 of 711
Quote:

Originally Posted by themagician /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Guys,

I'm Pico owner, i noticed when i listen and charge at the same time with computer as my source. It always stop after few songs and i have to stop start on my player.

do you guys experience the same thing.

Thanks,

did you use foobar?

Jan 24, 2008 at 5:36 PM Post #637 of 711
Thus far I've not experienced anything like that using ASIO4All and foobar.

Jan 24, 2008 at 10:20 PM Post #640 of 711
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaw007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What is ASIO4ALL ?Thanks in advance.

It is Audio Stream Input/Output emulation software for low latency (like what you would need for singing through a mic and hearing yourself through speakers nearly instantaneously). It bypasses the windows audio mixing kernel (Kmixer) and therefore helps increase the sound quality.

Google it.

Jan 24, 2008 at 10:30 PM Post #641 of 711
Quote:

Originally Posted by manaox2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It is Audio Stream Input/Output emulation software for low latency (like what you would need for singing through a mic and hearing yourself through speakers nearly instantaneously). It bypasses the windows audio mixing kernel (Kmixer) and therefore helps increase the sound quality.

Google it.

Thank you for the information.I down loaded the program and installed it.
It must run invisibly.I do not see any icons.
Thank you very much.

Jan 24, 2008 at 11:04 PM Post #642 of 711
Quote:

Originally Posted by Assorted /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just got my Pico, and it is absolutely wonderful.

Compared to my CEC HD 53R, I have to say the Pico doesn't exactly stand up to a home-amp especially in the bass department, but the DAC sure is something. It annihilates every single line-out I have, including my DCP-150 and various PCDPs/DAPs.

I'm just a little mad at myself because I let the bottom plate scratch
frown.gif

Did you get hit with any duty,etc when it arrived at your door ?

Jan 24, 2008 at 11:07 PM Post #643 of 711
Quote:

Originally Posted by sulcata_geo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My gray Pico arrived today.
I've listend it from iMod,I surprized the transparent sound and huge sound stage.

how does the pico compared to the other amps you have with the imod?

Jan 26, 2008 at 8:01 AM Post #644 of 711
I was contemplating getting one of these. I currently use HD650s the Corda Move as an amp, which I thoroughly enjoy for the bass impact and quality as well as the warmness of the overall sound. I was wondering if I would lose the base impact and quality if I were to get the Pico. I understand that people are saying that the Pico has a very lush sound, but I'm just concerned about losing the "punchiness" of the bass. Any thoughts?

Jan 26, 2008 at 1:29 PM Post #645 of 711
Skylab has reviewed both in his portable amp thread. I know he has the Pico ranked higher overall than Move, but I don't recall his bass assessment. IMO I'd you're happy with Move, I'd stick with it. It didn't seem like there was a world of sound quality difference between these two amps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back