Pico Slim never arrives. Justin no feedback. impossible to refund like a scam
Jul 27, 2011 at 11:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

kiscyn

New Head-Fier
I placed an order on Googlecheckout on May 26th for a purple pico slim. The webpage says 4-week delay. But I don't get a word from Justin and even I called him I couldn't reach him. Voicemails don't work either.

I don't know how to get refund on googlecheckout. I feel hopeless and disappointed as a returning customer of Headamp. The experience of buying a pico in 2008 was great but this time it let me down.

Hope anyone can help me get refund or contact Justin to ship. Thank you guys so much as the forum is the only place I can ask for help.

I get the package today, and feel satisfied. It took 5 months because the purple enclosure is out of stock.

P.S. the $ 120 line-out cable looks the same as one made by a singapore seller, but the quality is supreme!

Jul 28, 2011 at 2:23 AM Post #2 of 17
I would assume he will see this. I am sure everything will resolve. 

Wow, 5 posts since 2006. One post a year. Very good self control. Unlike some. lol 

Jul 29, 2011 at 5:37 AM Post #4 of 17

Quote:
Don't worry so much.  Justin ships when he can.  He's not much for communication but builds great stuff.  Expect to wait.

Well he does have a right to some type of communication, especially after paying. Hopefully it will be forthcoming. 

Jul 29, 2011 at 10:02 PM Post #6 of 17
OP,

Its not a 'scam' - Justin has built far too many amps for too many people to be considered a 'scammer'. Unfortunately, some amp builders have a reputation for periodically going 'off air', sometimes for weeks at a time. Justin's responses in the 'Shipping Charges' thread indicate that he does actually give a shi* about his customers, and I suspect that you will receive a response soon. Don't lose faith because of this.

Jul 30, 2011 at 5:41 PM Post #7 of 17
I ordered a pico slim back in May as well.  I got the black one, and it said 2-4 weeks shipping.  It took a bit longer, more like 5-6 weeks, but i did get the amp, and im very happy with it..

Justin responded to my emails and PMs, though not instantly, and he seemed to respond quicker to PM here than by email...
Try sending him a PM and see if he gets back to you there.

I understand completely how you feel, but i dont think Justin is a scammer or anything.

Jul 31, 2011 at 5:17 AM Post #9 of 17
He's not even calling headamp a scammer, he says it's "like a scam" because the manufacturer doesn't respond to refund requests.
Why are some of you apparently so sensitive to this word?

Jul 31, 2011 at 8:28 AM Post #10 of 17
Take it from me....waiting for my BHSE was nerve-wrecking considering that I had paid in full very early on, and yes that is 6k+usd paid up front.

But really apart from the lack in communication for me, he always responds eventually and will deliver in one way or other.  So don't worry about it.

I've ordered a pico amp/dac and pico slim from him as well too previously.

Jul 31, 2011 at 11:02 PM Post #11 of 17
Thank you folks, I just PM him and wish there will be some feedback.
Now it is all up to him to either ship or refund or...remain silent like nothing happened.

I got charged for International Shipping Fee because my address is not in USA. Then I changed the shipping address to CA where a mail carrier is, but I didn't ask to waive the fee.
Because I don't want to bother him and just to get the deal done happily. However Justin seemed not treat me as I think on his position.

Aug 1, 2011 at 8:08 AM Post #12 of 17
kiscyn, your situation is indeed frustrating - and - Justin will deliver. Both of these things are true.

The good news is that when you do get it you will find that the Pico Slim really is a fine little amp.

Aug 8, 2011 at 11:42 PM Post #15 of 17
Thanks for the feedback, Justin - as several of us predicted, you havent moved your operation to a white van on the Vegas strip !  
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back