Picky Music Lover Needs Help with Closed Backs :)
Jul 15, 2018 at 8:32 PM Post #31 of 38
OK - I'm SO close! These are exactly what I was looking for.....thanks again for the recommendation. However......whatever they're using for the earpads make my ears super hot and sweaty. Has anyone tried replacing the stock ones with velour or something similar? The earpads for the Momentums were actually fine so maybe I'll stick with leather but not memory foam like the 99s have?
Look through the last 5 or so pages of the Meze 99 Classics thread in the headphones full size section

Jul 15, 2018 at 9:16 PM Post #35 of 38
Jul 18, 2018 at 11:00 PM Post #36 of 38
Me too! Couldn't find any discount codes so just bought them off Amazon as they were the same price everywhere else I looked and I have Prime. Just purchased these earpad replacements via another head-fi suggestion - https://www.amazon.com/Replacement-ATH-MSR7-MDR-7506-Ultrasone-Headphone/dp/B073YRQGQ3

So for those that are curious - these do change the sound profile of the headphones. It makes it more flat but you still feel a thump for the bass and it separates the low mids, which is super nice for OSDM (and other) critical listening. They're also larger and not as hot.

I think I'll prob keep the stock ones on because if I listen in air conditioning (most of my listening right now) then I'm for the most part fine, and I find the stock gives them a more fun sound which is my preferred casual for metal and rap.

Thanks Mhog55 for the help.

Jul 19, 2018 at 4:03 AM Post #37 of 38
So for those that are curious - these do change the sound profile of the headphones. It makes it more flat but you still feel a thump for the bass and it separates the low mids, which is super nice for OSDM (and other) critical listening. They're also larger and not as hot.

I think I'll prob keep the stock ones on because if I listen in air conditioning (most of my listening right now) then I'm for the most part fine, and I find the stock gives them a more fun sound which is my preferred casual for metal and rap.

Thanks Mhog55 for the help.
You're welcome. Kinda funny reading the reviews on Amazon for those pads you picked up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back