Phonak Perfect Bass 012 & 022 - new models
Aug 19, 2010 at 10:36 AM Post #76 of 86
I prefer the grey filters over the green ones. IMO the green filters take away too much of the PFE's signature clarity and mid-range detail and make them too silent overall. I can't compensate that by equalizing, but I can easily equalize the PFE with grey filters too have as much bass as the green filters provide - and still have their clarity and volume.

Aug 19, 2010 at 11:53 AM Post #77 of 86
going to buy green 1 but not available in my country 
triportsad.gif
 how sad

Aug 31, 2010 at 6:45 PM Post #78 of 86
How would these new phonaks compare to say the re0? I'm having a hard time deciding on getting the re0's since i've seen them recommended numerous times. I listen to many different genres but focus heavily on rock, hard rock and metal other genres to name a few include classical, rap and some pop any help is appreciated!

Sep 13, 2010 at 9:34 PM Post #79 of 86
Darn you guys. Reading this thread made me order a pair of the 012.
smily_headphones1.gif
I had tried the original PFEs a while ago and enjoyed the clarity, but wanted more bass warmth and impact. We'll see how these turn out. Excited to try!

Sep 18, 2010 at 2:45 PM Post #80 of 86
Read a lot about these and the old PFEs, and was worried about durability. But I bought them and got mine today, and out of the box, I really like them. Light, comfy and excellent. They do seem to be a little hard to drive with my Zune, but good enough (loud enough). I do really like these. And the price is very good too.

Oct 19, 2010 at 4:37 PM Post #81 of 86
I completely agree. The mids and highs sounded muted, veiled, and resessed with the greein filters. I had to turn up my dap to almost max to get to a listening level that I wanted.

Quote:
I prefer the grey filters over the green ones. IMO the green filters take away too much of the PFE's signature clarity and mid-range detail and make them too silent overall. I can't compensate that by equalizing, but I can easily equalize the PFE with grey filters too have as much bass as the green filters provide - and still have their clarity and volume.

Oct 19, 2010 at 7:16 PM Post #82 of 86
Hi to all, I just had a quick question regarding the usage of the Comply P-Version on the Phonak 012 - did anyone succeed in getting them on the Audeos? They were great for sound isolation and I can't get similar results with either the stock silicon tips or the Shure Olives or the Complys made for the 012. I read on another thread that someone has managed to stick the P-version on to the Audeos (http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/438877/phonak-pfe-users-which-filter-do-you-use#post_5916847) - can this be done without modifying the tips, in a way similar to the Shure olives?

Many thanks!

Oct 19, 2010 at 9:59 PM Post #83 of 86
Quote:
Hi to all, I just had a quick question regarding the usage of the Comply P-Version on the Phonak 012 - did anyone succeed in getting them on the Audeos? They were great for sound isolation and I can't get similar results with either the stock silicon tips or the Shure Olives or the Complys made for the 012. I read on another thread that someone has managed to stick the P-version on to the Audeos (http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/438877/phonak-pfe-users-which-filter-do-you-use#post_5916847) - can this be done without modifying the tips, in a way similar to the Shure olives?

Many thanks!

If you can, get the Comply T130 as it is made for Phonak. However, P series should fits all the PFE as well.

Oct 20, 2010 at 3:27 AM Post #84 of 86

Quote:
If you can, get the Comply T130 as it is made for Phonak. However, P series should fits all the PFE as well.

thanks for this, I do have the T130 but I cannot get a good seal from them. I previously have the P series on the Ety Hf2 and it was a great seal. So I want to get them on the PFE, hopefully they shall fit without need of modification!

Oct 29, 2010 at 5:24 PM Post #86 of 86

Quote:
How would these new phonaks compare to say the re0? I'm having a hard time deciding on getting the re0's since i've seen them recommended numerous times. I listen to many different genres but focus heavily on rock, hard rock and metal other genres to name a few include classical, rap and some pop any help is appreciated!

Well my (replacement) RE0 have just retired, no sound coming from the right earpiece. So I'm looking for a replacement, the PFE PB looks a worthy replacement.
I want some more bass and because the filters are changeble, you can always choose to change when it's to bassy.
My music focus is also stretched. From (hard)rock to blues and from pop to dance I like it all. So as my birthday is coming up I hope this will be a wise choice and a nice present to myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back