Phonak Perfect Bass 012 & 022 - new models
Jun 21, 2010 at 3:53 AM Post #32 of 86
I have a PFE 012 and PFE 112 on my desk with a selection of green, grey and black filters.  The filters are indeed interchangeable between all the existing Phonak earphones.

Jun 21, 2010 at 11:41 AM Post #34 of 86
I wonder about these pairs a lot, especially need a decent comparison with the previous ones, if it includes bass without compressing other frequencies and doing it's job perfect since any says here. :smile:

Jun 21, 2010 at 2:58 PM Post #35 of 86
Can you compare them a bit please? Like what okur said, does it have more bass with that amazing usual PFE transparency? Or is bass dominant over other frequencies? Which one do you prefer?

Thanks in advance...

Quote:
I have a PFE 012 and PFE 112 on my desk with a selection of green, grey and black filters.  The filters are indeed interchangeable between all the existing Phonak earphones.

Jun 29, 2010 at 9:39 AM Post #38 of 86
Problems with the PFE v0 (original batches) has been fixed by PFE v1 (released mid 2009)

Jun 30, 2010 at 4:26 AM Post #39 of 86
Quote:
Can you compare them a bit please? Like what okur said, does it have more bass with that amazing usual PFE transparency? Or is bass dominant over other frequencies? Which one do you prefer?

Thanks in advance...

I think the balance with the new green filters is superb.  My understanding is that it's only a filter change with the new model.  This means the sound signature is still very similar, but there is definitely a good deal of extra warmth and punch at the bottom end.  The green filter is my favourite.

Jun 30, 2010 at 5:53 AM Post #40 of 86
I've just been to a German official Phonak reseller. However, they haven't heard of the Audéo PFE 012 & 022 models before and the nice lady said they're not listed in the computer so she can't order them.

Is there any official release date yet?

She does have the 112 in black in the shelves for 129 € so I was also wondering how big the price difference will be. At hifi headphones you can save GBP 40 with the new model!

Jul 5, 2010 at 10:54 PM Post #42 of 86
timar, I assume you are in Germany. I sent an email to Phonak over a week ago, and it was answered by someone at HearingPlanet, Inc. here in Nashville. He said:

[size=x-small]Green filters will likely not be available as a stand alone product for sometime as existing capacity is being used to produce the new earphone products.  These are set for release in the US mid July.[/size]

Jul 7, 2010 at 2:55 AM Post #43 of 86
I also got a mail from Phonak (Germany) and they say:

Quote:
[size=11pt]Der grüne Audio Filter ist auch im PFE 112 zu nutzen und soll für einen Preis von € 19,90 angeboten werden (8 Stück).[/size]

So the green filter will cost 20€?! Way too much! I just bought the PFE 112 for 119€ yesterday and if that's true what timar says I'll be giving them back today. Didn't expect the price difference to be that huge! Guess I'll can wait another week and then get the PFE 012 or even the PFE 022!

Jul 7, 2010 at 8:02 AM Post #44 of 86
Quote:
I also got a mail from Phonak (Germany) and they say:

So the green filter will cost 20€?! Way too much! I just bought the PFE 112 for 119€ yesterday and if that's true what timar says I'll be giving them back today. Didn't expect the price difference to be that huge! Guess I'll can wait another week and then get the PFE 012 or even the PFE 022!

You need to realise that us british people have to pay £30 for the 8 green ones, and be aware that £1>1 Euro. So you can be selling them on ebay and have a greatly-variable profit margin :p

And yes, that goal...

Jul 9, 2010 at 5:35 PM Post #45 of 86
Lol, that's harsh!
biggrin.gif

For the Germans: I can confirm the release date. The new model will be availably online as of July 15th. Unfortunately, preorders are not possible. The PFE 012 will cost only 79,00 €! (Does that mean that the 022 costs 99,00€?) Personally, I will also order some comply tips for 17,90€ as they are not included with this version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back