Phonak Audeo?
Feb 13, 2009 at 3:02 AM Post #1,201 of 2,281
I use the Shure Olives.

I rank them...

Olives > Comply > Silicon

Besides, Olives wear and tear MUCH better than Complys.

Feb 13, 2009 at 3:10 AM Post #1,202 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by charlie0904 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
maybe its the music? got to try Westone 3, argh..
to me, it seems phonaks doesn't have the awesome feeling... but its great though.

may I know urs is the T130 complys? I getting also but not sure which fits better?

I bought the Large Complys from Phonak. I still think I like the Phonak more than the Klipsch Image X10, stock SE530 or Triple.fi 10 Pro. I just don't think they beat the Westone 3. They are very similar to my Livewires Customs, or my SE530 in Livewires custom molded shell. I'll listen to the Phonak for a while, and get adjusted to the sound, and think they are wonderful, then I'll switch to the Westone 3 and am still blown away by the Westone 3 everytime.

Feb 13, 2009 at 3:36 AM Post #1,203 of 2,281
shure's olives fit well? that should be great coz think its cheaper n easier for me to get a shure's olives at my side. hopefully it doesn't muffle the sound.

I tried Westones 3 with my fren's player (sony HD* something) compared to my A800 series any difference?
smily_headphones1.gif

was think I should try Westones 3 again to really compare, since Senn IE8 is bassy n ppl say like subwoofer in the ears I think might tired and stress my ear drums with them.

Feb 13, 2009 at 4:23 AM Post #1,205 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by schneller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I use the Shure Olives.

I rank them...

Olives > Comply > Silicon

Besides, Olives wear and tear MUCH better than Complys.

Did you have any trouble keeping your olives on the stem? They came off easily on mine.

Feb 13, 2009 at 4:26 AM Post #1,206 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by praguewatermelon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am thinking about getting some shure olive tips. I know that they are not as comfortable as the Comply ones. But are they more comfortable than the silicon ones the came with the PFEs?

Shure olives are basically still foam so yeah its more comfortable than silicon for sure.

Feb 13, 2009 at 6:35 AM Post #1,207 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I actually do not notice any real improvement in isolation with multi-flanged silicons on my SE530, SF5, etc, compared to single flanges. Only foamies give an improvement to my ears.

I wonder if that is why Phonak didn't include them with the PFEs. I actually made a small double flanges with a E500s and used to use them until I sold them, but generally I don't use flanges on any other phones that much because all the other ones are kinda big and they hurt whenever I use them, but surely there are people who like the flanges for their isolation and can tolerate their size.

Feb 13, 2009 at 11:08 AM Post #1,208 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I actually do not notice any real improvement in isolation with multi-flanged silicons on my SE530, SF5, etc, compared to single flanges. Only foamies give an improvement to my ears.

i tried ety's triple flanged silicones, with the smallest tip cut off (i.e. now double flanged), and its very obvious that the isolation is better. but as i mentioned previously, there isn't enough grip to hold the ety silicones in place - the silicones stay in my ear every time i pull the phonaks out

Feb 13, 2009 at 11:39 AM Post #1,209 of 2,281
I am dissapointed. PFE are not as good as ER-4P. They have got a low isolation, more bass than I am accustomed on ER-4P, comfort is comparable. ER-4P are a winner for me. Now I must to sell Phonak and buy back Ety.

Feb 13, 2009 at 11:46 AM Post #1,210 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by Figuto /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am dissapointed. PFE are not as good as ER-4P. They have got a low isolation, more bass than I am accustomed on ER-4P, comfort is comparable. ER-4P are a winner for me. Now I must to sell Phonak and buy back Ety.

I don't understand, did you expect them to be the same????

Feb 13, 2009 at 12:36 PM Post #1,212 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by Figuto /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No. But I expected something better. Because somebody here says that Audéo are better than ER-4P and it is not true.

Quite a few people will consider a bit more bass an improvement on the ER4P...
Better is very subjective.

Feb 13, 2009 at 1:09 PM Post #1,213 of 2,281
is there a recommended site to get the olives from? i'm in canada if that makes any difference to anything.

i'm looking for increased isolation. i find the complys good but get pretty wet pretty quick when i'm doing intervals on the bike. the silicones with the grey filters are a bit too bright with a lot of music and especially talking (when listening to a cbc radio 3 podcast for example). the silicone with black filters are 'ok' but not exciting.

thanks.

Feb 13, 2009 at 1:12 PM Post #1,214 of 2,281
Sorry for the second post but i just want to be sure things are ok.
doing a hard session on the bike last night and sweating as much as i could... i had the pfe's and silicon tips in listening to Podrunner and enjoying it...suddenly the left side shuts down completely.

i tapped it/shook it etc but nothing.
after the workout i let it dry naturally and the sound came 50% back. i took the grey filter out, blew some warm air on it with a hair dryer...came back fully.

is this normal/expected/ok?

anyone else have this happen?

Feb 13, 2009 at 2:06 PM Post #1,215 of 2,281
Never exercised or sweat with mine. Not sure, but my guess is maybe moisture got on the filter. I would say that maybe these are not cut out for sweating, maybe. The filters are relatively close to the tip end. You could try olives, but that would change the sound. Not sure what else it could be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back