Phonak Audeo?
Feb 13, 2009 at 3:17 PM Post #1,216 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by Figuto /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No. But I expected something better. Because somebody here says that Audéo are better than ER-4P and it is not true.

All folks have different expectation. I sold off my er4p after using them for quite some time. The phonaks justified my switch for me, it's a diff sound signature but quite the same in details, speed and clarity only with better bass to me. I beg to differ in comfort levels, the phonaks easily takes the cake.
regular_smile .gif

Feb 13, 2009 at 3:23 PM Post #1,217 of 2,281
Anyone else finding it a bit uncomfortable?

I mean they're light but they go way far into my ears. I've actually had an incident already where the silicone tip became stuck in my ear when I pulled out the phone. That was incredibly awkward.

Also, I think I gotta agree with the anythingbutipod review where it seems the edges kind of poke into sensitive parts of the ear and it becomes sore....

Feb 13, 2009 at 3:33 PM Post #1,218 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyPenFly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I mean they're light but they go way far into my ears. I've actually had an incident already where the silicone tip became stuck in my ear when I pulled out the phone. That was incredibly awkward.

Also, I think I gotta agree with the anythingbutipod review where it seems the edges kind of poke into sensitive parts of the ear and it becomes sore....

try not to push to in... may hurt. it happen to me.

Feb 13, 2009 at 4:06 PM Post #1,219 of 2,281
Quote:

What edges? no matter how i turn or twist inside my ear i have never felt any poke or pain, i can wear damn straight for hours and still go on. Guess you have picky ears.

Feb 13, 2009 at 4:13 PM Post #1,221 of 2,281
Quote:

Had the same problem until I tried inverted shure olives. Now there is nearly perfect fit, not enough to sleep with them, but good enough for normal use.

Feb 13, 2009 at 4:17 PM Post #1,222 of 2,281
Quote:

Its the shape, when inserted it pushes against some parts of my ear that don't happen with round designs like the Vibes, RE0, NE7M.

Probably the outer casing design which is meant to fit nicely and securely outside your ear canal is causing you problems, don't think anything much can be done...

Feb 13, 2009 at 4:19 PM Post #1,223 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by doubts even here /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Had the same problem until I tried inverted shure olives. Now there is nearly perfect fit, not enough to sleep with them, but good enough for normal use.

I dont think fly meant the tips, more like the outer casing design.

Feb 13, 2009 at 4:19 PM Post #1,224 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by Figuto /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No. But I expected something better. Because somebody here says that Audéo are better than ER-4P and it is not true.

I'm keeping both because I see different uses for both of them. See, ER-4P isn't really portable friendly with all the fit problems and the cable noise whereas PFEs are really easy to put in and it's less microphonic so it's more ideal for portable use. Where ER-4P/S shines is in detail and imaging area. PFEs do a very good job on this also but it's not on the same level. Because of it's delicate cables and the detail oriented nature, I mainly use it at home when it's nice and quiet so that I can swallow all details that they offer.

I think, you may have been disappointed because you thought PFEs are be all, end all phones, but it's not. It may not do all the things that every IEMs do out there. What it can do is that it does a pretty good job at embracing all the good things that other IEMs can do. And, that's the beauty of it.

Feb 13, 2009 at 4:24 PM Post #1,227 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by Surrealsky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I dont think fly meant the tips, more like the outer casing design.

I understand. My problem must have been the design of stick one plugs his tips on (which is probably inevitable as it grants place for the filters). Can't complain about the outer casing, though.

Feb 13, 2009 at 4:32 PM Post #1,228 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by analogbox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm keeping both because I see different uses for both of them. See, ER-4P isn't really portable friendly with all the fit problems and the cable noise whereas PFEs are really easy to put in and it's less microphonic so it's more ideal for portable use. Where ER-4P/S shines is in detail and imaging area. PFEs do a very good job on this also but it's not on the same level. Because of it's delicate cables and the detail oriented nature, I mainly use it at home when it's nice and quiet so that I can swallow all details that they offer.

I think, you may have been disappointed because you thought PFEs are be all, end all phones, but it's not. It may not do all the things that every IEMs do out there. What it can do is that it does a pretty good job at embracing all the good things that other IEMs can do. And, that's the beauty of it.

I love the er4p too...but couple of things were really bugging me, its damn ugly....the way the iems are poking straight out from your ears...imagine if you were to be knocked on the outer end of it...omg i shudder to think...most likely seriously damaging your ear drums. The cables are hideous and long( need to recable ) and microphonics were pretty evident when you are on the go. It will serve you well for home usage but being an outgoing person like me..i can't put up with it anymore when i got the phonaks.

Feb 13, 2009 at 4:35 PM Post #1,229 of 2,281
Quote:

Doesn't bother me that much really until about 120 minutes of use then I gotta take a break and put on the NE7M to relieve the sore spots.

Sorry to hear about that bro. Probably you might wanna sell them off and get another pair...perhaps the w3? IE8 are very picky and hard to fit..

Feb 13, 2009 at 4:56 PM Post #1,230 of 2,281
Quote:

No, no problems. In fact, comfort rivals the X10s (I use the Complys). Sounds like the PFEs just might not be for you, with all the issues you have encountered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back