Phonak Audeo?
Feb 13, 2009 at 9:03 PM Post #1,246 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bína /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi, I have them for something like three weeks and I really like them. They are my first better iems and for me they are fantastic. I compare them to friends UE Triple Fi 10, UE is slightly better, but phonaks sound detailed and I prefer sound signature of Phonaks.

But what is interesting, they don´t need any extrem power. D2 is on 22/50, Clip is about 55%, Iriver Lplayer 20/40, Zune 120 11/20 and Ipod Classic is on 60%. I really understand, how can somebody listen on maximum volume of Zune, it is extrem.

Does anybody know something about custom tips for Phonak? And what is benefits of custom, better isolation and comfort, right?

Not sure why, but I can just about get enough volume from them using my Clip at max, depending on the track. And yes, my volume setting is high (in the settings menu). I have the v2 Clip. And I have two of them (1GB and 8GB) and same thing. Same with Sony A818 and even the Zune. The Touch is not a problem, but I have to crank it pretty high. With the gray filters, not as bad. But even so, I don't blast music, so it isn't that I am damaging my ears or anything.

Now, some newer tracks, which are no doubt mastered more loudly, do not require max volume. But for me, it is the only real PFE shortcoming. I am mystified. If I put my Clip a 55, I would not be able to really get much volume at all, and I don't believe my pair is defective. No matter, when I hook up the Minibox E5, which I prefer with the PFE anyway (amping), they are awesome phones.

Feb 13, 2009 at 9:38 PM Post #1,248 of 2,281
My PFE 122s arrived today at noon and I have had a bit of time to listen with the gray filters and both foamies and the silicon sleeves. The foamies have better isolation but are too small for my external auditory meatus. I just felt like I wanted to keep pushing them in to get a better seal. I could easily hear fingers rubbed quietly together outside my ear and the they just kind of fell into my ear rather than screwing in like my ETY4P or HF2s. Bass was cleaner with the Etymotics as well but this is with Comply P series foamie sleeves. However the Etys are almost swallowed by my ears so I am hoping the larger Phonak foamies will seal better and improve the sound. I find them a bit euphonic compared with the ETYs. Still a work in progress for me. I will listen more over the weekend. I did have to get some forceps to remove a silicon sleeve from my left ear. It sealed so well that it pulled off the Phonak as I removed. I sure looked funny with those giant forceps extracting it from my ear. These sealed better but did not give the same isolation.

Feb 13, 2009 at 9:42 PM Post #1,249 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by audiofool /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I did have to get some forceps to remove a silicon sleeve from my left ear. It sealed so well that it pulled off the Phonak as I removed..

Precisely what happened to me as well, twice. I've been forced to use the small ones.

So far, how do you feel they compare to the HF2 and ER4?

How do the HF2 and ER4 compare?

Feb 13, 2009 at 9:59 PM Post #1,250 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by mierenneuker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the cable is too short for me
frown.gif

That is another issue I have. They are not too short for my application, but they should be longer in general.

Like I said, all issues are non sound related, and that is a really good thing but could cause them to not be a good fit for some.

Feb 13, 2009 at 10:01 PM Post #1,251 of 2,281
my only complaint about the cable is that it should have an L-shaped connector. :p

Feb 13, 2009 at 10:03 PM Post #1,253 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by mierenneuker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the cable is too short for me
frown.gif

How long is it?

Feb 13, 2009 at 10:27 PM Post #1,257 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyPenFly /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone else finding it a bit uncomfortable?

I mean they're light but they go way far into my ears. I've actually had an incident already where the silicone tip became stuck in my ear when I pulled out the phone. That was incredibly awkward.

Also, I think I gotta agree with the anythingbutipod review where it seems the edges kind of poke into sensitive parts of the ear and it becomes sore....

For me they don't go very far, compared to ER4. I have had the medium silicone tips get stuck in my ear//many times. It has been my left ear and now I'm very careful and pull them out slowly, trying to break the suction as I do.

Comfort level is very high for me. Sleeping with them is great, I don't even notice them.

Feb 13, 2009 at 10:32 PM Post #1,259 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by robm321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That is another issue I have. They are not too short for my application, but they should be longer in general.

I don't agree, I really dislike stuffing extra cable in my pocket when I'm using the phones on-the-go, so in that respect the length is just spot on for me.

Feb 13, 2009 at 10:38 PM Post #1,260 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by i_don't_know /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How long is it?

not long enough, I wear them over my back and my dap just hangs in my pocket, pulling the cable.
(110 CM, 3.6 ft according to the user manual

Users who are viewing this thread

Back