Phonak Audeo?
Feb 12, 2009 at 9:14 PM Post #1,186 of 2,281
How deep do you guys stick them in your ear? Do you just put them in at the entrance your your canal or put them in deeper? Just wondering.

Still loving mine - they have that Ety addictive quality but without the feeling like something is missing. And bad recordings are ok to listen to. A great IEM and a great deal.

Feb 12, 2009 at 10:03 PM Post #1,187 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by robm321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How deep do you guys stick them in your ear? Do you just put them in at the entrance your your canal or put them in deeper? Just wondering.

From my experience there isn't much of a choice. For my ears they have a shallow fit which at first bugged me since I'm used to my ER4 where they can go as deep as I want...until-OUCH!

I kept trying to shove them in deeper at first but now I have the fitting process perfected and they feel...invisible after a minute.

I have a way of holding the shell/housing at just the right angle to initially insert then push at a certain angle for a proper as-deep-as-its-gonna-get fit.

I'm sure this didn't make much sense...but there you go.
biggrin.gif

Feb 12, 2009 at 10:26 PM Post #1,188 of 2,281
I put them in as deep as it can go to get that extra isolation. But, it's really not much of a process. I just put them in with no real effort and it slips right in, where as, with my ER-4P, I have to fiddle with the right deepness to get the most comfort and sound.

Feb 12, 2009 at 11:44 PM Post #1,189 of 2,281
LOL greatdane

I agree with both of you, the Etys were a real mess trying to get right. I had to do biflange.
It was a painful process, and getting a seal was not a quick ordeal.

I'm finding that if I stick them too far in my ear like I did with the Shure E500s, they tend to lose the isolation they have if I just insert them a bit, just the right amount.

By no means is this a difficult process. It's extremely easy and in fact like the Shure E500s and olives. I'm not use to having them just near the entrance of the ear, so I just wondered if this was normal... they seem to isolate well there though, so....

Feb 12, 2009 at 11:57 PM Post #1,190 of 2,281
i always find myself putting them not at the entrance of the ear, but down the first bend, so, if you look at me from the side, the phonaks are inserted at an angle

(if this makes any sense)

are there any other silicone tips that can offer better isolation?

these are very comfortable, and terribly easy to get a great seal, but they just don't isolate good enough for me.

Feb 13, 2009 at 12:10 AM Post #1,191 of 2,281
I wonder why Phonak wouldn't offer triple or double flange silicon tips with PFEs. Almost every phones now come with triple or double flange tips because of their ability to isolate well. I'm not complaining and I usually don't use those flanges anyways but I'm still curious as to how they would sound.

Feb 13, 2009 at 12:13 AM Post #1,192 of 2,281
i would definitely be the first to buy double/triple flange tips if phonak offers them

currently i'm seriously considering getting something like westone's UM56 for these, but i'm worried that it'll change the signature of the phonaks...and also the extra money involved, obviously...

well not necessarily UM56, but a custom sleeve

Feb 13, 2009 at 12:34 AM Post #1,193 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by cassiohui /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i would definitely be the first to buy double/triple flange tips if phonak offers them

currently i'm seriously considering getting something like westone's UM56 for these, but i'm worried that it'll change the signature of the phonaks...and also the extra money involved, obviously...

well not necessarily UM56, but a custom sleeve

That sounds very interesting. It will most likely change the sound signature of PFEs but it'll also give you greater comfort and isolation. Personally, I wouldn't change my current setup (Comply/Grey) for anything but the idea of custom molds with PFEs sound very interesting. If Phonak would offer custom mold version of PFEs I'd very much consider taking a plunge as long as the price is right.

Feb 13, 2009 at 12:49 AM Post #1,194 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by cassiohui /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i always find myself putting them not at the entrance of the ear, but down the first bend, so, if you look at me from the side, the phonaks are inserted at an angle

(if this makes any sense)

are there any other silicone tips that can offer better isolation?

these are very comfortable, and terribly easy to get a great seal, but they just don't isolate good enough for me.

I had the same issue tried putting them in deeper (lack of isolation). They seem to isolate better when I have them just barely in. Much better and still sound great.

Feb 13, 2009 at 1:29 AM Post #1,195 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by analogbox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wonder why Phonak wouldn't offer triple or double flange silicon tips with PFEs. Almost every phones now come with triple or double flange tips because of their ability to isolate well. I'm not complaining and I usually don't use those flanges anyways but I'm still curious as to how they would sound.

i was quite sad it only came with a medium comply

Feb 13, 2009 at 1:36 AM Post #1,196 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by analogbox /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I actually do not notice any real improvement in isolation with multi-flanged silicons on my SE530, SF5, etc, compared to single flanges. Only foamies give an improvement to my ears.

Feb 13, 2009 at 2:05 AM Post #1,197 of 2,281
I bought the large complys for the Phonak, and with the grey filters it is just right in terms of sound and the fit is better than with the stock complys. They could still stand to be a tiny bit larger. The silicone tips and grey filters are a little bright, and the black filters with silicone tips are a little muffled, but the grey filters with complies would make even goldilocks happy.

Still can't touch my Westone 3, sorry.

Feb 13, 2009 at 2:35 AM Post #1,199 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I bought the large complys for the Phonak, and with the grey filters it is just right in terms of sound and the fit is better than with the stock complys. They could still stand to be a tiny bit larger. The silicone tips and grey filters are a little bright, and the black filters with silicone tips are a little muffled, but the grey filters with complies would make even goldilocks happy.

Still can't touch my Westone 3, sorry.

maybe its the music? got to try Westone 3, argh..
to me, it seems phonaks doesn't have the awesome feeling... but its great though.

may I know urs is the T130 complys? I getting also but not sure which fits better?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back