Phonak Audeo?
Feb 11, 2009 at 4:14 AM Post #1,111 of 2,281
For the version with microphone, where is the microphone located? Is it placed conventionally in between the 3.5mm jack and the Y split, or nearer to one side of the earbuds like on the bundled the iPhone 3G earphones?

Feb 11, 2009 at 4:15 AM Post #1,113 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by chong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For the version with microphone, where is the microphone located? Is it placed conventionally in between the 3.5mm jack and the Y split, or nearer to one side of the earbuds like on the bundled the iPhone 3G earphones?

that's a good question. They don't show a good picture of the mic relative to the rest of the phone.

Feb 11, 2009 at 4:22 AM Post #1,114 of 2,281
Quote:

It's located between the spit and the right earbud. If it were any lower I don't think it would pick up your speech enough. It's probably a good spot for the mic but I would have rather had the button between the jack and the split.

Feb 11, 2009 at 4:22 AM Post #1,115 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by chong /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricey20 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
that's a good question. They don't show a good picture of the mic relative to the rest of the phone.

It's like the regular iphone headphones, on the right ear cable.

EDIT: man, I'm slow...

And I agree with warehouse, the button would be perfect if it was right on the Y split.

Feb 11, 2009 at 4:29 AM Post #1,116 of 2,281
I think the words "value," "balanced," and "just right" all good descriptors of the PFEs.

Feb 11, 2009 at 4:31 AM Post #1,117 of 2,281
Quote:

Yep enjoy our PFEs. If you use/need the mic version then there's really no comparison.

It's not a must have for me but it is very convenient. I have a bluetooth headset but if I'm listening to music and then decide that I want to make a call it's a big pain to take out the IEMs to switch. The pause/advance button is also nice.

Since I never used the Apple earbuds these features are new and exciting to me!

Feb 11, 2009 at 4:59 AM Post #1,118 of 2,281
Are the PFE's fun or analytical?
Is it the ety er6 sound signature? I'd prefer something with much more bass (the type that you can feel once in a while).

Feb 11, 2009 at 5:07 AM Post #1,119 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by KitarP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are the PFE's fun or analytical?
Is it the ety er6 sound signature? I'd prefer something with much more bass (the type that you can feel once in a while).

The PFEs are very fun to listen to, and I'm not too big on the terminology, but if by analytical you mean the "detail", the PFE delivers in that department as well, extremely detailed.

The bass will make you bob your head along with it. If you want to boost the bass a bit, use the black filters, but I have found them to be a bit more fragile than the grey, seeing as I've torn 3 black ones without even touching them more than just putting them in the socket.

Feb 11, 2009 at 5:29 AM Post #1,120 of 2,281
Well, I love the grey filters for the clarity, but I had to go back to the black ones today to use it with my 4G Nano, which is too bright with the grey filters even with the LOD and external amp. I am almost less happy with the slight muffling of the sound with black filters.

Feb 11, 2009 at 5:37 AM Post #1,121 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I love the grey filters for the clarity, but I had to go back to the black ones today to use it with my 4G Nano, which is too bright with the grey filters even with the LOD and external amp. I am almost less happy with the slight muffling of the sound with black filters.

I tried the black filters twice but I've come back to the grays both times for the same reason. I can personally tolerate a small degree of brightness but I can't tolerate any muffling in the music. BTW, what tips do you use? The comply tips seem to make the least bright sound.

Feb 11, 2009 at 5:38 AM Post #1,122 of 2,281
Quote:

Yeah I actually have just started to notice what everyone is saying about the muffled sound coming from the black filters compared to the grey. Now only if we can get the best of both worlds...hmm...

Feb 11, 2009 at 5:55 AM Post #1,124 of 2,281
Quote:

I am using the grey medium silicone tips, and will have to try the Complys T130 or Black Olives with grey filters.

Olives and grey filters seemed to give similar results as silicons except better isolation, IME. Let us know what your findings are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back