Originally Posted by charlie0904 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
gona be careful with the filters...

gosh I have waited a week still haven come.... argh ~
frown.gif

so sad...

Your black pfe's?
dt880smile.png

Feb 9, 2009 at 3:20 PM Post #1,038 of 2,281
The left housing definitely was a little scratched up and 2 of my grey filters did not look new and one of them split in half when i was removing them from the case.

It seems they either sent me a returned pair or whoever is in charge of putting the filters in on the factory messed up and ruined a pair of filters, slightly deformed the neck of the housing and didn't do anything.

Calling them later today.

Feb 9, 2009 at 6:52 PM Post #1,040 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by shoryuken /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Somethings going wrong then. Especially if you're getting charged GST and PST TWICE. You guys are paying GST/PST to Phonak upon checkout are you not? Then again at the door. Maybe Phonaks not even aware of this, especially with what's stated on their Shipping Policy.

i got hit with 31.12$ from fed-ex when they landed at my office. 19.82 as GST + 10 ROD Fee and 1.13 as GST on that.
are we getting the shaft a bit here?

Feb 9, 2009 at 7:45 PM Post #1,041 of 2,281
As pointed out by DonRicker, yes there has been a mix up on the GST for Canada orders. Did not know that FEDEX was also charging. We are in the process of refunding the GST on all Canadian orders.

Sorry for the confusion.

Feb 9, 2009 at 7:46 PM Post #1,042 of 2,281
I ordered a pair of the black non-mic Audeos yesterday, and they shipped today. Pretty excited as they are my first IEM.

It was a tough choice between the IE8s at $235 (ncix's price) and the PFEs at $125, but the IE8s being out of stock sealed the deal for me.

Feb 9, 2009 at 8:35 PM Post #1,043 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by chong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone tried the PFE unamped with a smartphone like the HTC Touch HD? (I don't plan to acquire an amp yet)

My concerns are:
1. Low volume (Do you need to max out the volume slider of the phone to make the PFE usable outdoors?)
2. Sound quality (Does the sound quality drop so much such that the PFE loses its value?)

Wish I could try them out for 14days, but such policies are practically non-existent here in Singapore.
ph34r.gif

Hi, I dont have the PFE but I have the htc touch HD.
The HD has very high sound volume, I have to use it in the lowest volume level (1-2 bars), I can only press the volume button once and it goes up 3 bars, and I lower it to 1-2 with my finger. I never tried more than 3 bars. The sound quality is acceptable, meaning you can enjoy music, I would rate its sound quality 6/10. Not being perfect its closer to the sound signature of a PC than a portable mp3 player (and this a good thing), but sometimes you can hear background noise from the phone. Sony S639F is much much better (8/10). Theres still a lot of room to improve in portable mp3 players SQ.

- ontopic -
Great thread...I look forward to buy the PFE.
I'm still back at page 59, hope when I've reached the end I already have ordered them
smily_headphones1.gif

Tkx all for your feedback.

Feb 9, 2009 at 9:24 PM Post #1,044 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by wbrownie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just a heads up if you're on the fence....

Thanks for all the great feedback.

But my birthday isn't until the very end of the month...

Awwwww.
frown.gif

Feb 9, 2009 at 9:35 PM Post #1,046 of 2,281
Judging by his posts, I think he is associated with Phonak.

And all I ask is for the SAVE10 coupon to be extended to March.

Feb 9, 2009 at 10:53 PM Post #1,049 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So who exactly is Wbrownie? Phonak USA? Did I miss something?

No doubt WmBrownie is Phonak rep. I PM'd him, saying he should ID himself (and welcomed him). I also mentioned they have some Member of the Trade badge or something, right? He just should remember the arm's length thing about posting on regular threads. No harm in mentioning the Save10 thing, but he hasn't responded to my PM yet.

Feb 9, 2009 at 10:54 PM Post #1,050 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So who exactly is Wbrownie? Phonak USA? Did I miss something?

He is from HearingPlanet, Inc., the North American distributor for the PFEs. Amazing man he is, exceptional customer service. Hey Bill! It's Christian! haha, found your way into these forums eh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back