Phonak Audeo?
Feb 10, 2009 at 2:48 PM Post #1,066 of 2,281
f__king hell...my second pair from that german shop arrived, and it still has problems! fresh out of the box all the vocal's gone, and a lot of detail has gone as well - piano and some drums are still here though...after fiddling with the connector the vocals come back for a while. so i guess that's another connector problem.

just emailed the shop, will mail this back to them today, and will get a refund.

why do i have to go through all these? ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH

to the abi guy : vietnam quality control's probably not as good as you though :p

Feb 10, 2009 at 2:54 PM Post #1,068 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where did you buy them?

Hören mit Fiebing - Phonak Audéo Ohrhörer PFE 111

i'm starting to think whether it's me being stupid, but after carefully testing the pfe's from 3 different sources - ipod, laptop, headphone-out on a pair of speakers, the same thing happens, i.e. i get the normal sound, vocals and everything only if i fiddle with the connector. however, all my other headphones/earphones/whatever work perfectly.

i mean, i have no problem with the shop. their service is top notch, but after two pairs of defective pfe's i've decided i'll just buy them somewhere else.

Feb 10, 2009 at 3:38 PM Post #1,069 of 2,281
Well good news, emailed them yesterday and called them this morning.

They didn't get back to me on email but they shipped me a new pair apparently and a return labeled fedex box to ship the defective pair back to them. That's convenient.

Feb 10, 2009 at 4:19 PM Post #1,070 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by jyle_t /img/forum/go_quote.gif
looking at the anythingbutipod makes them sound similar to... sleek SA6.
comments?

With better built quality and more affordable.

Feb 10, 2009 at 4:26 PM Post #1,071 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by cassiohui /img/forum/go_quote.gif
f__king hell...my second pair from that german shop arrived, and it still has problems! fresh out of the box all the vocal's gone, and a lot of detail has gone as well - piano and some drums are still here though...after fiddling with the connector the vocals come back for a while. so i guess that's another connector problem.

just emailed the shop, will mail this back to them today, and will get a refund.

why do i have to go through all these? ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH

to the abi guy : vietnam quality control's probably not as good as you though :p

Wow bro ****ty luck you have...sorry to hear abt that, hope you get a decent pair soon.

Feb 10, 2009 at 5:45 PM Post #1,072 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by jyle_t /img/forum/go_quote.gif
looking at the anythingbutipod makes them sound similar to... sleek SA6.
comments?

The Sleek SA6 were not this good, and needed a lot of fiddling with ear canal position to get them to sound close. I liked the X10 that tnmike1 loaned me more than the SA6 that he loaned me at the same time, and after detailed comparisons between the two I ended up buying his X10 in the end. Then after I got the W3 I sold the X10 in December, but I like the Phonak a tiny bit more than I recall liking the X10, for it's cleaner bass and brighter highs. I plan to keep the Phonak for my iPhone, even though I think the W3 are better.

Feb 10, 2009 at 6:27 PM Post #1,073 of 2,281
tstarn06, i need your help badly. i don't remember well where in the forum I saw you posted some sites where we could buy cheap shure black olives. i tried discountheadphones.com. i placed the order last Wednesday and until now it has not arrived yet. i'm now thinking that it's a fraud or something like that. hope it's not. have you bought something from them before? are they legit? i'm from michigan and i think they're from california so it should not take too long to reach me. i sent email to them a couple of times and no reply. i tried again today before i went to this forum. hope you could enlighten me on this. appreciate your feedback. thanks.

Feb 10, 2009 at 8:41 PM Post #1,075 of 2,281
Quote:

Due to ongoing issues with Federal Express International, AudeoWorld will now require the customer to pay duties and taxes at time of delivery. We have credited you for any taxes you have already paid us. We apologize for any inconvenience.

AudéoWorld PFE
100 Westwood Place, Suite 300
Brentwood, TN 37027
Audéo - A more intense music experience - Home
(866) 900-7174
orders@audeo-online.com

So. Should I be expecting some money anytime soon? : )

Feb 10, 2009 at 9:29 PM Post #1,076 of 2,281
Quote:

tstarn06, i need your help badly. i don't remember well where in the forum I saw you posted some sites where we could buy cheap shure black olives. i tried discountheadphones.com. i placed the order last Wednesday and until now it has not arrived yet. i'm now thinking that it's a fraud or something like that. hope it's not...

Oddly enough I bought mine in the BWI (Baltimore) airport at the Palm store. I think that they were $13.95 for the 5 pack. I was shocked that anything was cheaper at the airport!

Feb 10, 2009 at 9:55 PM Post #1,077 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by cassiohui /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hören mit Fiebing - Phonak Audéo Ohrhörer PFE 111

i'm starting to think whether it's me being stupid, but after carefully testing the pfe's from 3 different sources - ipod, laptop, headphone-out on a pair of speakers, the same thing happens, i.e. i get the normal sound, vocals and everything only if i fiddle with the connector. however, all my other headphones/earphones/whatever work perfectly.

i mean, i have no problem with the shop. their service is top notch, but after two pairs of defective pfe's i've decided i'll just buy them somewhere else.

Sorry to hear, sounds very unlucky.

Got mine from them to the UK, had them on for 2nd visit to gym today and all seems fine as I guess everyone elses are - real bad luck in your case.
Hope you get sorted.

Feb 10, 2009 at 10:08 PM Post #1,078 of 2,281
Is the soundstage with these as wide as the PK3? I'm thinking of getting the PK3 as well as a beater 'phone that I can be comfortable with stuffing in my pockets at school.

I can't wait! My parents said I could order them early since the coupon is running out soon. I FINALLY get to hear what these things are all about?

Feb 10, 2009 at 10:29 PM Post #1,079 of 2,281
Received these today
bigsmile_face.gif
- I bought them through an audiologist which was a dealer listed on their website. It took 2 days for them to get them and 1 day to ship to me. I spent $179 on the mic version (chose black) including shipping. The mic was $20 extra.

They are very small and so is the cord. The fit and comfort is great. The isolation isn't a strong suit for these, but they do the job adequately enough.

I put them on briefly for a listen with the grey filters in place and can say I am happy with them so far. The sound didn't blow me away which is a good thing. They cover the whole frequency range equally which is something that is a big deal to me. The Shures always made me miss the highs and the Etys always made me miss the bass.

The one thing that was a suprise to me was the imaging and sense of air around each instrument. I wouldn't say these are airy sounding headphones necessarily, but it was nice to hear the solid imaging and detail - very good detail like the Etys but unlike the Etys bad recordings are not painful to listen to.

My fear was that the bass would not have impact or weight, and to my suprise there is definately weight to the bass - nice round, extended plump bass without any exageration. Bassheads may want to look elsewhere, but these are NOT bass light headphones. They aren't bass heavy either. Like the midrange and highs, the bass is just right.

In fact if I were to sum these IEMs up, I would call them... just right!

Time to change my signature. Thanks for all of the wonderful reviews, they literally sound like I imagined they would based on everyones feedback.

Feb 10, 2009 at 10:38 PM Post #1,080 of 2,281
Good to hear. Now let's hope the are durable, since there seem to be some issues popping up. Glad to know you found them to your liking. I agree, just right for the price (and a little higher in terms of comparisons).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back