Phonak Audeo?
Feb 9, 2009 at 2:12 AM Post #1,021 of 2,281
Will try swapping the filters tomorrow... but it's definitely a no sound in left channel then it works if i unplug and replug so I'm guessing it's a cord problem.

Wiggling it has no effect in either situation.

There's definitely some sound sibilance or sound break up in the high end in some of my music.

Also, I tried removing the Comply tips to examine the filters and there seems to be some marks on the tip of the housing like it was not new... I ordered directly from them.

Feb 9, 2009 at 2:15 AM Post #1,022 of 2,281
Sounds like you may have received a defective pair.

Go ahead and send them back.

Feb 9, 2009 at 3:19 AM Post #1,023 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by schneller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
BTW, I don't find the filters to be fragile. I've changed mine several times and have no issues.

Hmm, I wish I could say the same thing, but so far I've had two black filters tear, and I even lost the two original grey ones (was taking them out to put black ones in, and dropped them, and now I can't find them)
frown.gif

I'm probably gonna have to order a set of black filters, but I wonder if they are gonna charge the 24.95 shipping again for them, and if there are going to be any duties going along with it. I guess I have an email to write

EDIT: Dang it, they do charge the same shipping.

Feb 9, 2009 at 3:23 AM Post #1,024 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeusInvictus7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm, I wish I could say the same thing, but so far I've had two black filters tear, and I even lost the two original grey ones (was taking them out to put black ones in, and dropped them, and now I can't find them)
frown.gif

I'm probably gonna have to order a set of black filters, but I wonder if they are gonna charge the 24.95 shipping again for them, and if there are going to be any duties going along with it. I guess I have an email to write

Did you have to pay duties upon delivery? On phonak's website it says there are no duties to be paid, its all paid up front when you order, so i'm hoping that is the case. Otherwise, I may have to call them about that.

Feb 9, 2009 at 4:04 AM Post #1,025 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeusInvictus7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
frown.gif

EDIT: Dang it, they do charge the same shipping.

Ask someone here to ship them to you, since it can't cost much from the US to Canada for something that small and light. PM me and I will help you out. In fact, I just ordered eight of each filter, so we can split the order.

Feb 9, 2009 at 4:22 AM Post #1,026 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by schneller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sounds like you may have received a defective pair.

Go ahead and send them back.

Well I hope they'll reset my 14 day period then when I get the working pair in. Kinda sucks I have to an extra $10 to send it back to them, I don't even have time to get to the post office.

Feb 9, 2009 at 4:28 AM Post #1,027 of 2,281
Did they say it would cost you $10? Have you spoken to them? I would call, ask for a label, etc. Of course, any new pair would have a new 14-day warranty. I use Click and Ship to send via USPS, online, all the time. Much easier. They (USPS) also will pick up the package. Or get an RMA, and just send the phones via padded envelope, First Class mail. They are in Tennessee, I believe.

Feb 9, 2009 at 4:46 AM Post #1,028 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyPenFly /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Will try swapping the filters tomorrow... but it's definitely a no sound in left channel then it works if i unplug and replug so I'm guessing it's a cord problem.

Wiggling it has no effect in either situation.

There's definitely some sound sibilance or sound break up in the high end in some of my music.

Also, I tried removing the Comply tips to examine the filters and there seems to be some marks on the tip of the housing like it was not new... I ordered directly from them.

If they were NIB, then they were new. Just call and ask for replacement.

Feb 9, 2009 at 7:16 AM Post #1,029 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by ethan961 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you have to pay duties upon delivery? On phonak's website it says there are no duties to be paid, its all paid up front when you order, so i'm hoping that is the case. Otherwise, I may have to call them about that.

I'm also curious on whether people from Canada have had to pay extra duties/brokerage fees upon delivery of these PFE's with this "Fedex International Economy" shipping method. I don't mind paying for taxes, but UPS/FedEx "Ground/Standard" services usually charge a ridicilous "brokerage fee". However, from buying some stuff from the U.S. while using the more expensive/faster "UPS Worldwide Expedited", i've had no surprise fees.

The "Shipping Policy" on FedEx's website does say there is no "surprise" fee and that the brokerage fee is included in the $25 shipping cost. But then from browsing this thread, it seems like the user "centerfold" was charged ~$35 at the door?

Did they perhaps change the shipping method recently? I'll pm centerfold and see if he can chime in
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 9, 2009 at 8:21 AM Post #1,030 of 2,281
I got dinged with an extra $29.12 charge at the door: GST, PST and a $10 brokerage fee (I think... I can't read it, but it says either ROD Fee or RQD Fee).

Quote:

Originally Posted by shoryuken /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm also curious on whether people from Canada have had to pay extra duties/brokerage fees upon delivery of these PFE's with this "Fedex International Economy" shipping method. I don't mind paying for taxes, but UPS/FedEx "Ground/Standard" services usually charge a ridicilous "brokerage fee". However, from buying some stuff from the U.S. while using the more expensive/faster "UPS Worldwide Expedited", i've had no surprise fees.

The "Shipping Policy" on FedEx's website does say there is no "surprise" fee and that the brokerage fee is included in the $25 shipping cost. But then from browsing this thread, it seems like the user "centerfold" was charged ~$35 at the door?

Did they perhaps change the shipping method recently? I'll pm centerfold and see if he can chime in
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 9, 2009 at 10:30 AM Post #1,034 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by analogbox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't do a direct comparison right now but I always thought that the bass quantity in PK1 was somewhat lacking whereas PFEs bass feels just right.

Thanks! As long as the PFE doesn't have less bass (or too much more bass) than the PK1 I'm glad.

I think the bass on the PK1 really depends on how good a seal you get though. My left ear doesn't get as good a seal as my right and the bass on the left side is weaker than the right. Oh well, what can you do. That's one of the reasons I wanna try the PFE.

Now the question is how to buy them from Australia
confused_face_2.gif

Feb 9, 2009 at 10:37 AM Post #1,035 of 2,281
Somethings going wrong then. Especially if you're getting charged GST and PST TWICE. You guys are paying GST/PST to Phonak upon checkout are you not? Then again at the door. Maybe Phonaks not even aware of this, especially with what's stated on their Shipping Policy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vapor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got dinged with an extra $29.12 charge at the door: GST, PST and a $10 brokerage fee (I think... I can't read it, but it says either ROD Fee or RQD Fee).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back