Phonak Audeo?
Dec 23, 2008 at 6:10 PM Post #106 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by schneller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Otherwise, my only worry would be about the wire and where it meets the driver assembly. But that is the case with all IEMs. (The Klipsch X10s are known to break there.)

The good thing about the Phonaks is that they can be opened and that the cable is (power-
wink_face.gif
) user changeable.

BTW, I love them so much, I've just bought a second pair.
biggrin.gif

Dec 23, 2008 at 9:48 PM Post #108 of 2,281
I currently have a D2 and use either UM1's or Head-Direct RE2's with it.

I have been thinking about getting a 8gb clip/phonak combo, but have decided that I will probably have money for just one of them, so I was wondering: Which purchase would be the most significant upgrade for me? Player or earphones?

Dec 24, 2008 at 4:15 AM Post #110 of 2,281
Martin,

Thanks for sharing the fact that the cables for the Phonak are easily replaceable. Believe it or not, I've somehow managed to ruin at least 2 earphones when the cables came apart at the Y-point (where they split into 2 individual wires) in one instance, and in the other the cabling got messed up somehow resulting in music coming out of one earphone only (even though I could not detect any tearing or fraying along the cables at all.)

What type of cables would you use as replacements on the off-chance that the Phonak cabling gets messed up, and how much would they cost?

Thanks,
Paul

Dec 24, 2008 at 4:42 AM Post #111 of 2,281
You could buy more expensive cables for Westone/Ultimate Ears and cut them open, or make your own I guess. If you make your own you would need to worry about stiffness and microphonics/etc.

Dec 24, 2008 at 6:01 AM Post #112 of 2,281
Well, that would be no good at all, unless you've a pair of headphones lying around that you're just itching to dissect! What would one do with the previously functioning headphones once stripped of their wires?
wink.gif

Surely there must be companies out there that sell some type of replacement cabling. Livewires has a nice replacement set that you can buy here for $30 - I just wonder if they'd make a good match for the Phonaks. Anyone have any suggestions?

Paul

Dec 24, 2008 at 12:02 PM Post #113 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by paulie888 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What type of cables would you use as replacements on the off-chance that the Phonak cabling gets messed up, and how much would they cost?

I've had good results recabling my V-Moda Vibes with cables from this cheapo phone: DealExtreme: $3.12 Trendy Stereo Earphone SN-58MP

It's good and sturdy, much better than the original V-Moda cable. It should work fine with the Phonaks as well.

Dec 25, 2008 at 12:37 AM Post #114 of 2,281
Martin,

Thanks for the great tip - that's a really good price for a decent cable that will work well with a midrange phone!

I just think that many of the high-end manufacturers had a racket going when it came to cables - I just fail to comprehend how an outrageously priced pair of 'magical' cables can miraculously transform a pair of headphones or speakers into something much better...I feel that there are a whole host of more affordable and practical upgrades that would probably make them sound better.

I went over the abi forum for the Clip, and it seems like V2 has better construction and material quality, in addition to revised firmware. I may get the 4gb clip as it has become pretty affordable (around $40), and maybe get a 8gb Fuze.

Regarding your choice of headphones, how would you rate the Radius Atomic Bass in comparison to the V-modas? I know both are bass-heavy, and follow the current trend of enhanced bass and low-end. I have stopped trusting the headphone reviews at Cnet.com now (who gave the Radius glowing reviews), because the reviewers seem to be serious bass-heads and only care only about the bass, everything else be damned!

Paul

Dec 27, 2008 at 1:09 PM Post #115 of 2,281
Hi fellows
I actualy interested this phone. But somebody could tell me how can I order this god damm phones via Phonak's page. That shopping page turns me back to the main page every time. I sent a message to customer service and they didn't give any answer yet. Is there any other online store selling Phonak Audeo PFE? I found an e-bay seller which is selling microphoned version. And he didn't answer about withouth microphone version either.
mad.gif
Somebody must say to Phonak; if they want to sell this items, they have to put somewhere for buyers! I realy need a new iem because of my wasted Vibe which have broken cables. If I can't find Phonak via online store, I will buy ue super-fi pro phone which is I actualy don't like sound signature. But they have replacable cables. Please could somebody give me a direct shopping link or information.
smile_phones.gif

Dec 27, 2008 at 1:23 PM Post #116 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by ulyses /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi fellows
I actualy interested this phone. But somebody could tell me how can I order this god damm phones via Phonak's page. That shopping page turns me back to the main page every time. I sent a message to customer service and they didn't give any answer yet. Is there any other online store selling Phonak Audeo PFE? I found an e-bay seller which is selling microphoned version. And he didn't answer about withouth microphone version either.
mad.gif
Somebody must say to Phonak; if they want to sell this items, they have to put somewhere for buyers! I realy need a new iem because of my wasted Vibe which have broken cables. If I can't find Phonak via online store, I will buy ue super-fi pro phone which is I actualy don't like sound signature. But they have replacable cables. Please could somebody give me a direct shopping link or information.
smile_phones.gif

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Same here.
And ALL the listed dealers I checked (couple dozen in Germany) ONLY sell hearing aids......

Their site is a disaster.
redface.gif

Dec 27, 2008 at 1:50 PM Post #118 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kees /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Their site is a disaster.
redface.gif

Indeed. Everything I click eventually just take me back to the first page
biggrin.gif

Dec 27, 2008 at 4:04 PM Post #119 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shauntell47 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
go see in the abi forum for a list of dealers who sell these... there are 2 of them, i think...

I will checkout. Thanks.

Dec 27, 2008 at 6:16 PM Post #120 of 2,281
No that's not works for me. I don't know speak German. Besides they don't sell over country I gues. Phonak and that e-bay seller still doesn't respond. These are the worst trade companies I ever seen!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back