Phonak Audeo?
Feb 14, 2009 at 7:01 PM Post #1,308 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Those are the same, check the Shure site I linked above. Only a newer part number.

Great, thanks! -- First problem solved!
normal_smile .gif

Feb 14, 2009 at 7:02 PM Post #1,309 of 2,281
Oh, I was mistaken. I always thought the olives were the rubber ones. Those are the ones that I tried which did not stay on the stem. I just wanted to clear that up. I'm interested in maybe getting the black olive foams too.

Jazz, do these sound like the K701s to you. I mean not exactly but they have a similiar sound where each instrument is in it's own space with it's own "air" around it but very smooth sounding at the same time.

They definately seem like a K701 and ER4s put together

Feb 14, 2009 at 7:10 PM Post #1,310 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by robm321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Jazz, do these sound like the K701s to you. I mean not exactly but they have a similiar sound where each instrument is in it's own space with it's own "air" around it but very smooth sounding at the same time.

They definately seem like a K701 and ER4s put together

The K 701 never came to mind with these -- but the HD 650 did! They're similarly smooth and full.

Feb 14, 2009 at 7:19 PM Post #1,311 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by JaZZ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The K 701 never came to mind with these -- but the HD 650 did! They're similarly smooth and full.

Wow, that's pretty interesting. I thought the Shure E500s sounded more like the HD650 with it's thick sound and rolled off highs (darker sound). These are much more neutral than the HD650 and the highs extend (well up to 17Khz anyway) and are prominant. They also don't have the lush midrange of the Shure E500/HD650.

Just suprised the HD650s came to mind.

Feb 14, 2009 at 7:31 PM Post #1,312 of 2,281
igp4673ia3.jpg

I finaly grab my phonak from audiologist today. Custom tips are realy different thinks over all others. Sound is too loud, rich and tick. Basses are in realy, I mean realy huge quantities. Actualy too much for my taste. So I thinking to switch from greys to no filter. But I don't realy like these feelings. Silicones were more comfortable. There is something in ears and have some pressure.
frown.gif
May be my ears will ignore this feeling after sometime.

Feb 14, 2009 at 7:40 PM Post #1,314 of 2,281
Wow, that is interesting. Way too much for me to spend, since I already did it once for the old Future Sonics EM3s, and it cost like $185 ($50 for the audiologist and $135 for the soft silicone sleeves). In the end, a total waste. I sold the phones for $25 (they were $99 new) and still have the sleeves, but they sound lousy with or don't fit all the other phones I have purchased since.

So, I dug the customs out of my dust bin, and stuck the PFEs on them, pushed play (Clip with FiiOE5, no EQ, bass boost on) and .... the bass is way too strong, and there is a boomy echo to them that just don't sound very good. Same problem I've had with these "softerwear" sleeves since day one (ER4P, Atrio, even tried them with the Westone 3s). Anyway, worth a try. I guess I could try them without filters, etc. Some other time. Back to Comply T130s.

Feb 14, 2009 at 7:41 PM Post #1,315 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by cassiohui /img/forum/go_quote.gif
oh my word! custom molds for the pfe?

These are come from my friend. He is a local audiologist and built them for me. Not official custom mold.
wink.gif

Feb 14, 2009 at 7:50 PM Post #1,316 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by robm321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, that's pretty interesting. I thought the Shure E500s sounded more like the HD650 with it's thick sound and rolled off highs (darker sound). These are much more neutral than the HD650 and the highs extend (well up to 17Khz anyway) and are prominant. They also don't have the lush midrange of the Shure E500/HD650.

Just suprised the HD650s came to mind.

Well, my HD 650 actually does have treble. That's with Zu Mobius and the Corda Symphony. But I agree that the midrange on the Audéo is not quite as full and lush, and the treble is a bit more present and linear. It was mainly the bass characteristic which reminded me of the HD 650.

Feb 14, 2009 at 8:38 PM Post #1,317 of 2,281
I just got two sets of big T-130 Complys from Germany:

Hören mit Fiebing - Audeo Comply Foam Tips

The fit and isolation is so much better than with either the silicon tips or the medium complys. Bass quantity and quality is much better also. Now greys are my filter of choice. Best of both worlds deep bass and that clear wide sound.

Sven sent me also some replacemente filters and they are blue (????) and come in a round case that contains fifteen of them. It seems that PFE filters are standard hearing aid filters from the same company. Their sound signature resembles the black filters'.

Too many options.

Feb 14, 2009 at 8:54 PM Post #1,318 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by ulyses /img/forum/go_quote.gif
These are come from my friend. He is a local audiologist and built them for me. Not official custom mold.
wink.gif

yea i know...i'm very interested in getting some too...because the silicones dont isolated well enough, and i just don't like foams.
tongue.gif

Feb 14, 2009 at 9:16 PM Post #1,319 of 2,281
since i really don't like foams, i've decided to do some diy to try and get more isolation from what i currently have.

i've pulled the plastic tubes from the complys that came with the pfe's and put them into the medium-sized silicone tips.

and i have to say they isolate pretty good now...best of both worlds maybe?

guess i don't really need custom molds yet (they do cost quite a bit unfortunately....)

Feb 14, 2009 at 9:31 PM Post #1,320 of 2,281
Even when I'm careful removing the medium grey silicone tips, the left tip gets stuck in my ear 80% of the time. I just tried Shure yellow foam tips again and they sound very good and are very comfortable. I don't think they will pull off from the stems because they fit very tight and don't create that suction effect. I have 6 new pairs of these so I hope these end up working for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back