Phonak Audeo (PFE) Thread
Jun 15, 2013 at 10:10 PM Post #2,686 of 3,305
wow, that's near opposite my first impression. are you sure you have a good seal? they're quick and lean but i was getting plenty of vocal detail listening to madeline peroux, and other female vocals.
They also had what i found to be unique reproduction of the texture a sax has when you're sitting next to it.

Jun 15, 2013 at 10:23 PM Post #2,687 of 3,305
I'm pretty sure I have a good seal. Probably disappointed since I like a slightly warm sound signature. The PFE does have pretty good vocals, better than entry fi stuff like say the S4 or Brainwavz ProAlpha/M1 by far, but really isn't a low end, top tier IEM like I thought it would be.

Jun 15, 2013 at 10:33 PM Post #2,688 of 3,305
[SIZE=10pt][COLOR=000000]I need suggestion on 232...already I haveing 132 and 232 is on it’s way.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt][COLOR=000000]If bass is only upgrade from 132 to 232 then I am not interested in upgrade. I need to send back 232 unopened box for full refund otherwise 15% restocking fee.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt][COLOR=000000]Wanted to know if 232 is upgrade on entire spectrum or just bass alone…I am looking for better soundstage and bass from 232.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

In my honest opinion, the 232 are in no way superior to the 112, but some will disagree.

The have "more" bass but not better. They have "more" treble, but not better. If reference quality with a flat response is what you're after they are worse. If you aren't happy with the 112 bass level and don't mind overly bright highs you might enjoy them.

Don't get me wrong, they are a very high quality earphone, and the bass is excellent. However, they are not flat and most people find them a bit sibilant.

Ive owned the 232 for a while on two different occasions and bought the 112 again because i liked them more.

Jun 15, 2013 at 10:37 PM Post #2,689 of 3,305
So I just got the PFE122s and I gotta say I expected a little more from these IEMs, with a MSRP of 140$ or so (got em for 80, so I can't complain at this price point)

My initial impressions are that the PFE was pretty fast across the frequency spectrum with nice sparkly highs. On the other hand, vocal detail seemed a bit lacking compared to high end IEMs such as the EX1000 and esp the W4. In addition, I really didn't like the bass of the PFE; the bass just too lean and the decay was too fast to be natural IMO. Finally, imaging seemed very good but soundstage was just okay. 

Overall just a bit disappointed because other IEMs such as the TF10 and X10 cost about the same and had unique qualities that the PFE doesn't have IMO. The TF10 had the mid detail of the PFE and much better bass and soundstaging, while losing in imaging. Not a fan of the X10, but I feel like the X10 can appeal to many with its warm sound sig and fast bass (not as lean as the PFE), whereas I don't feel the same way with the PFE. 
First, break in the tips, it makes a difference. Also, try the foam tips. They flatten out the treble peaks giving the impression if more bass and more even treble resolution. They'll sound better this way usually . When you break in the silicon tips they become softer and seal well. This brings out more bass and helps smooth the treble.

Jun 15, 2013 at 10:46 PM Post #2,690 of 3,305
I'm pretty sure I have a good seal. Probably disappointed since I like a slightly warm sound signature. The PFE does have pretty good vocals, better than entry fi stuff like say the S4 or Brainwavz ProAlpha/M1 by far, but really isn't a low end, top tier IEM like I thought it would be.

That's funny because I tend to prefer warmer sound too. I personally didnt find them cold, so much as flat and unbiased.

For example, I put on finally moving by pretty lights, a bassy song- and the 122 delivered bass, not nearly as much as my ASG-1s, but it was there enough that I still enjoyed the song.

I was getting a pretty solid seal with the larger tips though.

Jun 17, 2013 at 8:21 PM Post #2,695 of 3,305
Still trying to find tips that fit/seal my PFT's-used the stock, no seal, tried foamies, didn't seal (and I generally don't like these anyway...they took incredibly comfortable iem's, and made them feel uncomfortable, and still didn't get the seal I need. Any suggestions?

Jun 17, 2013 at 11:28 PM Post #2,696 of 3,305
Still trying to find tips that fit/seal my PFT's-used the stock, no seal, tried foamies, didn't seal (and I generally don't like these anyway...they took incredibly comfortable iem's, and made them feel uncomfortable, and still didn't get the seal I need. Any suggestions?

Shure olive foamies for me.

I had to step up to the next size with the stock tips too.

Jun 27, 2013 at 3:15 AM Post #2,697 of 3,305
I got a set of black filters today to try on my 022s compared to the green and grey ones I have. In summary I like them just as much as the green ones. I hear slightly more detail. In my opinion these sound more natural (flat, if you like) than the grey filters. However I will likely change between the black and green filters, as I miss the fun extra bass and especially sub bass with the green.

Jul 11, 2013 at 10:24 AM Post #2,698 of 3,305
Well reading the tail end of this thread explains why I've had trouble finding reasonably priced spares the past two hours. I also regret casually throwing some filters in the bin a few minutes ago.

So that's it the overpriced T-130 filters around now are the last of the bunch? Filters are almost half the price of the earphones =/

Jul 11, 2013 at 11:42 AM Post #2,700 of 3,305
You can order from 

http://www.audeoworld.com/accessories.html

This is official phonak website, I ordered few days back and got gray filters for 19$

Users who are viewing this thread

Back