Phonak Audeo (PFE) Thread
Jun 1, 2013 at 1:53 AM Post #2,626 of 3,305
Yes, I use grey filters. To my mind, they are the best as black and green ones deteriorate the sound.

Nope, foam is one size smaller. I used large silicone tips and medium foam sleeves. So small foam size for medium silicone tips probably, but i don't know what if someone uses small silicone tips. :p
Yep, you have to cut off some foam at the end because they are a little too lengthy. :)

Jun 1, 2013 at 6:23 AM Post #2,627 of 3,305
Has anyone had to throw away filters because they were unusable due to wear and tear? Ex: physical damage on filter, clogged filters that aren't cleanable with hydrogen peroxide. Currently, I have 6 sets of grey and 2 sets of black filters. I'm not sure how much more I would need due to production being stopped.

Jun 1, 2013 at 12:12 PM Post #2,628 of 3,305
Quote:
Has anyone had to throw away filters because they were unusable due to wear and tear? Ex: physical damage on filter, clogged filters that aren't cleanable with hydrogen peroxide. Currently, I have 6 sets of grey and 2 sets of black filters. I'm not sure how much more I would need due to production being stopped.

I'm wondering the same thing.  Phonak claims they last about 9 months...

Jun 1, 2013 at 6:30 PM Post #2,630 of 3,305
I clean my ears a lot... should help filters last longer!  
I was a bit worried about longevity, so I got a set of grays and several sets of foamies before PFE went PFFFT!

Jun 1, 2013 at 7:26 PM Post #2,631 of 3,305
I've been using the same 2-3 sets of greys since 09. Although I haven't been using my PFEs very much, I sometimes notice that one side of the IEMs is louder than the other and there is a channel imbalance. I'm not sure if it has to do with filter being out of position or it being clogged, but removing it and putting the same one back in (with the tool and without cleaning) will restore the channel/positional balance. If it doesn't I change the filter to another one at random until it sounds balanced.

ex: all the instruments feel shifted towards the right after a long period of being unused. Removing and putting in the same filter on the left IEM will usually fix it. I've never put the filters in hydrogen peroxide though, ever, so cleaning it may potentially improve the sound by removing any wax build up stuck to the filter fibers.

Jun 6, 2013 at 10:56 PM Post #2,632 of 3,305
I'm sure somebody has explained this somewhere but I couldn't really find an answer, how different are the

Phonak Audeo Perfect Fit Earphones 122's

and the

Phonak Audeo Perfect Fit Earphones 132's?

thanks.

Jun 6, 2013 at 11:39 PM Post #2,633 of 3,305
Quote:
I'm sure somebody has explained this somewhere but I couldn't really find an answer, how different are the

Phonak Audeo Perfect Fit Earphones 122's

and the

Phonak Audeo Perfect Fit Earphones 132's?

thanks.

Sound quality-wise, the earphones are identical.  The same is true for the pfe112 and the pfe012.  As a matter of fact, after verifying this with phonak, I ordered a pair of pfe012 as a backup for my pfe112.  They don't come with grey filters, but that's o.k., because they're half the price.  I put a set of grey filters in, and they are indeed identical.  As a matter of fact, I use them now instead, because I like the all black casing with the pfe232 black ear guides. :)

Anyway, the 012, 112, 122 and 132 are all the same sound, but they have different microphone/control combinations.

Jun 7, 2013 at 12:07 AM Post #2,634 of 3,305
I have a pair of Phonak Audeo PFE-112 Earphones, but just ordered a pair of the 122's on sale at Sound Earphones.
Maybe I should cancel the order, as what you say implies that I'm basically getting a second of the same, with a different mic/volume control combo however.
Granted, the price was very good at $79 and free shipping.

Jun 7, 2013 at 1:41 AM Post #2,635 of 3,305
Quote:
I have a pair of Phonak Audeo PFE-112 Earphones, but just ordered a pair of the 122's on sale at Sound Earphones.
Maybe I should cancel the order, as what you say implies that I'm basically getting a second of the same, with a different mic/volume control combo however.
Granted, the price was very good at $79 and free shipping.

That is very good, and they're not made anymore... Backup! haha

Jun 7, 2013 at 8:58 AM Post #2,638 of 3,305
Quote:
That is very good, and they're not made anymore... Backup! haha

Agreed, I'll keep them as an extra. The PFE-122's are cheaper than my PFE-112, which cost me a bit over $100 when I bought them a year or so ago.

Jun 9, 2013 at 3:03 AM Post #2,639 of 3,305
Wow wow wow. $80 for the PFE 122 is a steal! I bought two as spares in case my current 112 breaks. With free shipping and no tax (for CA where I almost always pay tax), that and the accessories almost pay for itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back