Phonak Audeo (PFE) Thread
Feb 1, 2009 at 4:23 AM Post #152 of 3,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by yeahx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, me like headphones! It's an accent?

diacritic

Swedish - The acute accent is used to indicate that a terminal syllable with the vowel e is stressed, and is often written out only when it changes the meaning.

Feb 1, 2009 at 5:24 PM Post #153 of 3,305
Does anyone know if the black shure foam tips (for the 530s) will work with the PFEs? I have a whole box of those in small and would rather not order another set of the Complys in small. They weren't supposed to work with my E2Cs but I was able to hollow out the core and get them to fit.

I'd also be interested in feedback from anyone using the PFE mic version with an iPhone 3G. Does the pause/play button work and can you also advance the track with a double click? I don't think I need the mic but the pause/play/advance feature would be worth the extra $. Will the iPhone be able to drive them on their own?

I'm going to go on and order these to compare against my Livewires. I still can't get a good fit and the only way I can get them to sound decent is to hold them in with my fingers which isn't a good long term solution.

Feb 1, 2009 at 6:02 PM Post #155 of 3,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by warehouse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone know if the black shure foam tips (for the 530s) will work with the PFEs? I have a whole box of those in small and would rather not order another set of the Complys in small. They weren't supposed to work with my E2Cs but I was able to hollow out the core and get them to fit.

I'd also be interested in feedback from anyone using the PFE mic version with an iPhone 3G. Does the pause/play button work and can you also advance the track with a double click? I don't think I need the mic but the pause/play/advance feature would be worth the extra $. Will the iPhone be able to drive them on their own?

I'm going to go on and order these to compare against my Livewires. I still can't get a good fit and the only way I can get them to sound decent is to hold them in with my fingers which isn't a good long term solution.

The buttons do control it, and the iPhone 3G can drive them without an amp.

Feb 1, 2009 at 6:08 PM Post #156 of 3,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by warehouse /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I hate when that happens (having to press on the phones for best sound). Same thing for me with the W3s and the medium silicone tips. Won't seal unless I lightly press on them. Would sound great, if it weren't for that major annoyance.

Feb 1, 2009 at 11:35 PM Post #159 of 3,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by fromthelane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Phonak owners - how small are these phones? Do they proturde out the ear much or can you fall asleep comfortably in them?

They are VERY small. I was actually shocked when I first opened the box.

As to the sleeping thing, I have now fallen asleep with them on the past 3 nights in a row, which is something I pretty much NEVER do.

Hope that helps

Feb 1, 2009 at 11:45 PM Post #160 of 3,305
I agree, these are very good for lying down/sleeping. Because the tip is a shallow fit combined with the small size and low profile, these IEMs have a very nice comfort level...for me at least. I think they look pretty slick in ear too.

Feb 2, 2009 at 2:56 AM Post #162 of 3,305
I just ordered a pair this morning. I just couldn't restrain myself any longer. They just seem like such a great deal. And I wanted a nice IEM for working out.

Feb 2, 2009 at 3:18 AM Post #163 of 3,305
Hmm I'm interested in getting these phones as well. I was originally thinking of UM1 but some head-fiers said its muddy and not worth the cost with exception of comfort.

Can anyone recommend a site I can order these from? Cheaper the better!
wink.gif

Feb 2, 2009 at 3:22 AM Post #164 of 3,305
Once again, if you're in the US or Canada, order them from the manufacturer with the SAVE10 coupon.

Feb 2, 2009 at 5:20 AM Post #165 of 3,305
Uh oh, you guys, I think I have a problem with my PFEs.

About an hour ago, I started noticing that my music has been feeling a little lop-sided. I took out both earpieces, and tried each by itself, and noticed that there was BARELY any sound coming out of the left piece, but the right was way louder and perfectly fine. Then I thought that it was my ear that was messed up, so I put the right piece in my left ear and it again, was perfectly fine...so now I have lop-sided earphones.

I did email Phonak Audeo about it, so I should hear back from them tomorrow. Hopefully I can get them replaced. Wish me luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back