Phonak Audeo (PFE) Thread
Jan 30, 2009 at 8:46 PM Post #122 of 3,308
Quote:

Originally Posted by ethan961 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think this will be my first impulse purchase due to head-fi.
Not much has been said about the fit though, how is it? Can you sleep with them on?

The Cowon D2 was my first buy influnced by Head-Fi (ABI) and the PFE followed shortly after. These forums are amazingly informative and also entertaining. I am infinitely happy with my purchases so far. I only wish I had learned of this resource before purchasing a not so great X-Fi Xtreme Audio (the one that can't be modded?). My next step (dictated unfortunately by budget contraints) is to acquire a USB DAC/AMP and possibly a pair of Senn HD25-I. I shudder at the thought of how deep this rabbit-hole goes!

On the subject of sleeping with the PFEs, I do it all the time.

Jan 30, 2009 at 8:54 PM Post #123 of 3,308
I prepare a rewiev for Turkish speaking headfiers. We all working for Phonak, but they don't much
smily_headphones1.gif

Phonak Audeo Perfect Fit Earphone Ýncelemesi

Jan 30, 2009 at 10:33 PM Post #124 of 3,308
Phonak's getting some more love always great in my book...

Jan 30, 2009 at 11:01 PM Post #125 of 3,308
Quote:

Not much has been said about the fit though, how is it? Can you sleep with them on?

The fit is awesome, although, I can't seem to find the perfect seal for my left ear, but that's not the PFE's fault, it's my ear lol, I have a really tight canal on my left, and I just slept with them on for the first time since I've gotten them, and I woke up this morning with them still on! (I usually take my earphones off right before I actually fall asleep)

Jan 30, 2009 at 11:27 PM Post #126 of 3,308
Quote:

Fit is above average, if you of course find your perfect fit. Meaning the right silicone size or comply.
biggrin.gif

Jan 31, 2009 at 12:35 AM Post #127 of 3,308
Quote:

Originally Posted by ulyses /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I prepare a rewiev for Turkish speaking headfiers. We all working for Phonak, but they don't much
smily_headphones1.gif

Phonak Audeo Perfect Fit Earphone Ýncelemesi

I can't translate it because it's not text. I think it's all a pic file?

Jan 31, 2009 at 12:37 AM Post #128 of 3,308
Quote:

Originally Posted by robm321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't translate it because it's not text. I think it's all a pic file?

I experienced the same problem.

Jan 31, 2009 at 2:15 AM Post #129 of 3,308
Quote:

in terms of fit with the included tips, on my ears, the pfe is the most comfortable with the silicone tips as compared to both the ie8 and sa6.

Jan 31, 2009 at 3:12 AM Post #130 of 3,308
I got some questions:

1. Wich is the better amp: FiiO E3 or FiiO E5
2. Will they work good with the phonaks?

Thanks guys
biggrin.gif

Jan 31, 2009 at 3:32 AM Post #132 of 3,308
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
E5 is superior. I own both. And either work well with the PFEs.

thank yoooouw
o2smile.gif

btw: will everyone else say the same about the e5?

Jan 31, 2009 at 3:34 AM Post #133 of 3,308
Thanks for the input. I believe it was the ABI review that complained about the fit, so I just wanted to check here.
I'll be ordering mine sometime over the weekend after I decide for sure that they are the ones I want. At least there is the 14 day trial thing.
Does anyone know of any coupons other than the 'SAVE10' to use on them when purchasing from their online store?

Jan 31, 2009 at 3:38 AM Post #134 of 3,308
To ChrisDeeson: Not a problem. If you plan on using an LOD cable with an iPod, you must get the E5. For mini to mini via HP out, the E3 works well. I tried them both out. Mainly, they deliver a little more volume, but no sound degradation. With my Touch and a good LOD cable, I thought the E5 really sounded excellent.

Jan 31, 2009 at 4:03 AM Post #135 of 3,308
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To ChrisDeeson: Not a problem. If you plan on using an LOD cable with an iPod, you must get the E5. For mini to mini via HP out, the E3 works well. I tried them both out. Mainly, they deliver a little more volume, but no sound degradation. With my Touch and a good LOD cable, I thought the E5 really sounded excellent.

is it recommend to use the e5 with a lod cable?
will there be a better sound quality instead of 3,5 to 3,5?

can you recommend a good lod for a low price?

sorry for asking stuff that was (i bet) already answered and discussed..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back