Phonak Audeo (PFE) Thread
Apr 21, 2013 at 11:35 PM Post #2,581 of 3,308
Interesting.  Audeoworld.com is a connecthearing site.  Connecthearing is a Sonovo company, which also owns Phonak.  Maybe they've just moved Audeo to the US in a basic webstore rather than pay high Swiss wages for marketing and distribution staff while still keeping the factory in Vietnam.  Time will tell.

Apr 22, 2013 at 7:18 AM Post #2,582 of 3,308
Probably only stocks left are in US as well. But man there are no sites which sell the pfe232 cable. I want to possibly modify a remote cable to work properly with android.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Apr 22, 2013 at 2:33 PM Post #2,583 of 3,308
Guys i really need your help. I am between buying the phonak 112 or TDK BA 200 for the same price, used for the former and new for the latter.

Could somebody tell me what's going on about the distortion measured by rin?

It is the only thing that drives me towards the BA 200 according to others who have head them both

Quote:
There is a lot of harmonic distortion, especially the third harmonics, in the mid-range, at which the human hearing becomes the most sensitive. This is definitely audible

http://rinchoi.blogspot.gr/2012/07/phonak-audeo-pfe-022.html

Thanks

May 2, 2013 at 1:45 AM Post #2,584 of 3,308
Pfe112 are newer rev of 022 so I would say you're looking at the wrong review :)

I have the 122 (which I always thought was 112) and no distortion that I can hear of after over a year of constant use.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

May 2, 2013 at 10:40 AM Post #2,585 of 3,308
Quote:
Pfe112 are newer rev of 022 so I would say you're looking at the wrong review
smily_headphones1.gif

yes i know but the drivers are the same thats my understanding. Thank btw for your input

May 5, 2013 at 7:18 AM Post #2,587 of 3,308
Hi

If I'm curious to try a phonak iem out before they vanish which one would be best for rock and metal?  Whilst I'm tempted to jump in at the deep end and try the 232's not entirely sure that's wise under the circumstances. 

Cheers

May 6, 2013 at 4:58 AM Post #2,588 of 3,308
Quote:

yes i know but the drivers are the same thats my understanding. Thank btw for your input

Quote:
They're the same, but different filters (green vs. grey) would presumably yield different measurements.

Ah right. I have also read that grey filters are more neutral and are more expensive than the greens. Mine came with grey and blacks so i'm not able to tell u. But yeah no distortion with the grey filters :).

Quote:
Hi

If I'm curious to try a phonak iem out before they vanish which one would be best for rock and metal?  Whilst I'm tempted to jump in at the deep end and try the 232's not entirely sure that's wise under the circumstances. 

Cheers

I dont think phonak iems would suit your taste as they're rather neutral overall imo. The 232 is an amazing IEM nonetheless, I prefer it over W4 and Earsonic SM3v2. I havent used my IE8 in a while too due to the 232 but IE8 will always have a place in me lol

May 11, 2013 at 9:51 AM Post #2,589 of 3,308
Kind of screwed here. Owning 012, I've lost all of PFE tips except the Ls, which just don't fit me, andone of my green filters is sounding much lower than the other. Was going to buy a green filter kit, a grey filter kit too (I already have the blacks but don't like them much), and medium sized tips, but the new audeoworld.com doesn't ship to portugal unfortunately, nor does earphonesolutions, any alternative?

May 11, 2013 at 10:23 AM Post #2,590 of 3,308
Kind of screwed here. Owning 012, I've lost all of PFE tips except the Ls, which just don't fit me, andone of my green filters is sounding much lower than the other. Was going to buy a green filter kit, a grey filter kit too (I already have the blacks but don't like them much), and medium sized tips, but the new audeoworld.com doesn't ship to portugal unfortunately, nor does earphonesolutions, any alternative?

Shure tips should work fine on the 012. As for filters... i think earphonesolutions ship internationally no?

May 11, 2013 at 9:22 PM Post #2,592 of 3,308
Quote:
Shure tips change the sound for the worse imo. Makes it more congested and darker, at least that's the impression I get on my 112.

+1

But I like my IEMs dark.
etysmile.gif

Westone Star silicone tips are a pretty good choice though. I can't hear many differences between those and the stock tips.

May 12, 2013 at 9:04 AM Post #2,593 of 3,308
Quote:

Hifiheadphones in the UK does have audeo spares but unfortunately are way overpriced, especially the green filters. http://www.hifiheadphones.co.uk/phonak-audeo-accessories-ct-59_89.html

May 12, 2013 at 9:14 AM Post #2,594 of 3,308
Holy cow that's pricey... no one knows any other store? I believe tips won't really be a problem since I can still buy complys from their site, but I really don't wanna pay 30£ for a set of filters... And earphonesolutions ships internationally but not to Portugal, even checked with audeo support

May 12, 2013 at 9:17 AM Post #2,595 of 3,308
Quote:
Holy cow that's pricey... no one knows any other store? I believe tips won't really be a problem since I can still buy complys from their site, but I really don't wanna pay 30£ for a set of filters... And earphonesolutions ships internationally but not to Portugal, even checked with audeo support

Could you use a forwarding service?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back