Phonak Audeo (PFE) Thread
Nov 24, 2009 at 9:23 PM Post #1,861 of 3,308
Only 4 months too late... oh well, at least they delivered in the end

Nov 24, 2009 at 9:33 PM Post #1,862 of 3,308
I am pleased to know that I qualify for the v2 replacement. Now that is service!

Nov 24, 2009 at 10:29 PM Post #1,863 of 3,308
Where is mine I haven't heard from Bill for a few weeks now and I didn't get any email.

Nov 24, 2009 at 10:46 PM Post #1,864 of 3,308
I really can't wait to at least see a pic of the V2.

I don't know if I'll need one or not. My pair is still going strong. I see a slight crack in one piece but nothing that hinders use. The cable is stiff until it warms up, but no cracks.

Nov 25, 2009 at 4:58 AM Post #1,867 of 3,308
So mine came today and it says v1 on the back of the box
confused.gif

and they indeed look live v1's

Do only people getting new ones because their first ones broke get v2?

I ordered mine after they went on backorder

I assumed they were on backorder because they were revising them....

Nov 25, 2009 at 5:07 AM Post #1,868 of 3,308
maybe you were just the unlucky one to get the remaining stock of the V1. I'm sure they will still be great earphones =) also sure they will replace you with the V2 if your V1's break.

Nov 25, 2009 at 3:29 PM Post #1,870 of 3,308
I have been exchanging PMs with Bill. In my first PM, I sent pictures of my damanged "V1" PFEs, asking him if I qualified for the "V2s." He said that I do qualify, and that he would send them my way. In a second PM, when I asked him whether the box would denote the "V2s," he said that, "It actually will say V1 on the box denoting it as revision 1."

Actually, this might make sense if one considers that the first version was actually "V0" and these new ones are "Revision 1."

Similar to how Germans/Swiss think of floors within a high-rise building. The first floor is actually the ground or "Earth floor" often denoted by the letter E. What they call the first floor is what we Americans would call the second floor or the first floor above the earth floor, etc.

So if your box says "Revision 1" you most likely have the new ones.

That is my logic..and hope...anyways.

Nov 25, 2009 at 3:51 PM Post #1,871 of 3,308
Quote:

Originally Posted by schneller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have been exchanging PMs with Bill. In my first PM, I sent pictures of my damanged "V1" PFEs, asking him if I qualified for the "V2s." He said that I do qualify, and that he would send them my way. In a second PM, when I asked him whether the box would denote the "V2s," he said that, "It actually will say V1 on the box denoting it as revision 1."

Actually, this might make sense if one considers that the first version was actually "V0" and these new ones are "Revision 1."

Similar to how Germans/Swiss think of floors within a high-rise building. The first floor is actually the ground or "Earth floor" often denoted by the letter E. What they call the first floor is what we Americans would call the second floor or the first floor above the earth floor, etc.

So if your box says "Revision 1" you most likely have the new ones.

That is my logic..and hope...anyways.

Thanks Schneller. You are indeed correct. V1 is actually revision 1. So this is the NEW version. I have attached a pic.

I've compared the new and old. While visually similar, the feel and strength of the new cable is readily apparent.

Hope this helps.

Bill

Nov 25, 2009 at 4:36 PM Post #1,872 of 3,308
I almost jumped on the Reo bandwagon but I couldn't get myself to do it.

My pair of pfe's lost the right channel back in August. I picked up a pair of Nuforce NE-7M's and they didn't even compare to the incredible sexy sound of the pfe's . Now the wait is almost over and I am very excited.
Just recently I borrowed a friends pair for a hike in the local mountains and I tell you, I was in audio bliss.
So clean and balanced in the frequency's, they really give a lovely presentation of the music.
I just love them!

Nov 25, 2009 at 10:14 PM Post #1,875 of 3,308
that is where I purchase my pair and spare filters

Users who are viewing this thread

Back