Phonak Audeo Defect Thread
Apr 7, 2009 at 5:33 PM Post #76 of 467
I got my replacement!!!!!
Bill really reacted very quick. The package was shipped on the first of april (no joke!) and arrived yesterday the sixth of april (that makes 6 days from USA to The Netherlands).
The new ones sound even better then the oldies (Is that possible?).

Cheers,

Frank

Apr 7, 2009 at 6:43 PM Post #77 of 467
Quote:

Originally Posted by wbrownie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We will continue to replace any defective PFEs no questions asked. The current stock of product shipping are a later production run and so far we have not had any returns because of cracks.

That's great news. Does that mean all online vendors have receipt of new stock now? And is there a batch number for buyers to look out for if they get replacements from somewhere other than directly from Phonak Audeo? Anyway, it's reassuring to know you've had no returns from the current stock. That should please a lot of potential buyers
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 7, 2009 at 8:02 PM Post #78 of 467
I had my replacement pair too. Phonak realy takes sirrious about customer satisfaction.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 7, 2009 at 11:12 PM Post #79 of 467
Quote:

Originally Posted by fyu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hope this thread doesn't scare people from buying the PFEs. I doubt the QC issues is this bad. I personally think the shape of the PFEs contributes a lot of the increased stresses + a combo of bad batch of plastic molds (poor temperature during injection? bubbles?). (yes, most of the defects are on black PFEs, but how many people have the white ones?)

I've got a white PFE (although I wanted a black one
smily_headphones1.gif
). After 2-3 months, they haven't failed, but I noticed that the cable is getting stiff. I always use the ear guides. If they fail, would it be possible to get a refund?

Apr 8, 2009 at 10:06 PM Post #81 of 467
I spoke to the Phonak UK Product Manager today just to make sure they had received my cracked pair. They had, and shipped a replacement pair to me yesterday so hopefully I'll have them tomorrow
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 9, 2009 at 8:53 PM Post #83 of 467
Got an update for you guys.

I ha originally posted about mine cracking awhile back.

Now my replacement pair have also cracked. This crack is in a new location, on the right driver where the wire enters the housing.

I have the black phonaks.

Apr 9, 2009 at 8:55 PM Post #84 of 467
Quote:

Originally Posted by vulc4n /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Now my replacement pair have also cracked. This crack is in a new location, on the right driver where the wire enters the housing.

Your second pair cracked? Can you see a date of manufacture on the box?

EDIT: I'll update this in the first post.

Oh, and do you have a pic? I don't think I've heard of any cracks appearing where the wire enters the housing.

Apr 9, 2009 at 8:57 PM Post #85 of 467
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Your second pair cracked? Can you see a date of manufacture on the box?

Yes. Unfortunately I don't have the box because I used it to send back my first defective pair in.

Apr 9, 2009 at 8:59 PM Post #86 of 467
Quote:

Sound horrible
confused_face.gif

Apr 9, 2009 at 9:00 PM Post #87 of 467
Quote:

Originally Posted by ulyses /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sound horrible
confused_face.gif

I'll take cracking housings over the failing cables of the Sleek SA6.

As long as Phonak continues to take care of me like they did the first time I'll be happy.

Apr 9, 2009 at 9:02 PM Post #88 of 467
Quote:

Originally Posted by faranka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got my replacement!!!!!
Bill really reacted very quick. The package was shipped on the first of april (no joke!) and arrived yesterday the sixth of april (that makes 6 days from USA to The Netherlands).
The new ones sound even better then the oldies (Is that possible?).

Cheers,

Frank

where have you bought it ?
still waiting for mine, have to listen to some backup phones now..

Apr 9, 2009 at 9:07 PM Post #89 of 467
Quote:

As long as Phonak continues to take care of me like they did the first time I'll be happy.

Was it an online vendor who replaced them or did they come directly from Phonak Audeo? It was posted here that replacements were coming from new stock, but if you don't have a box with the date of manufacture on it, you can't know which batch it's from. I suggest you call Phonak Audeo and request a replacement set from the new and current stock to be on the safe side, and find out which batch your replacements came from, if you can.

Apr 9, 2009 at 9:21 PM Post #90 of 467
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Was it an online vendor who replaced them or did they come directly from Phonak Audeo? It was posted here that replacements were coming from new stock, but if you don't have a box with the date of manufacture on it, you can't know which batch it's from. I suggest you call Phonak Audeo and request a replacement set from the new and current stock to be on the safe side, and find out which batch your replacements came from, if you can.

My replacement came directly from phonak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back