Phoenix-Scottsdale anyone?
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 2, 2008 at 10:23 PM Post #196 of 269
So that's two! Let's get something going here!
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 6, 2008 at 7:03 AM Post #199 of 269
I'm still around, not sure what to do about a digital source to feed my DHA-3000 if I were to attend; my PC is my source and that stays put.

Nov 9, 2008 at 8:01 PM Post #201 of 269
I'm interested as well.
I dont't have a dedicated amp yet. I'm running HPs off my Duet w/ macbook pro.

I can bring any of the following HPs to the meet

1. RS-2
2. Headphile wooded SR-225
3. AKG 701
4. HD600 w/ 650 cable
5. Proline 2500 w/ mogami cable
6. D2000 w/APS V3 cable
7. Klipsch IMAGE X10
8. Dr. Dre headphones

I wanna try any desktop amps. Anyone?

Nov 12, 2008 at 4:48 AM Post #204 of 269
Depending on when and where I could certainly try and drive up from Tucson and bring a few things.

Since I’m also a brand new head-fier I only have a couple headphone related goodies: Triple-fi 10’s, Pico amp/DAC, Zunes 30, 80 (maybe a 120 too) and a RAL mini to mini interconnect

I could also bring some higher-end interconnects; power cords, toslink, etc. if anyone is bringing any desktop or laptop type gear and wants to compare or take a listen for fun.

I personally would love to hear what you guys have. Everything is a learning experience when you’re new to the Head-fi world.

Does a weekend day or week night work better for folks? I personally would prefer a weekend day due to the drive.

Cheers,

Nov 12, 2008 at 4:56 AM Post #205 of 269
I can still bring the 530s, I could probably bring the 06 micro stack also, since it can run off 9vs that would be a source and portable/desktop amp if anyone has a digital signal to feed the micro dac.

Definitely weekend day for me also

Dave

Nov 12, 2008 at 6:39 AM Post #207 of 269
I'm in Tucson also and would be interested/willing to make the drive, schedule permitting. I am also a newbie and have limited toys. I can bring anything listed in my signature.
If anyone has not tried the Koss KSC75's, Kramer & quarter mods done with a custom recabling. Sound pretty good!
Anyway, once a date is determined then I can say yes or no to attending.

Mark M

Nov 13, 2008 at 9:08 AM Post #208 of 269
Insomnia strikes...

If I'm counting right we are already up to about 8 people right now if two of us come up from Tucson on a weekend and most everyone is available. Sounds like the start of a baby AZ gathering to me. I could e-mail another regular long term head-fier who lives up in Sedona who might be open to a drive down to the Valley. I also have another couple audio friends (junkies) who might be into this if I give him fair warning about their wallets.
icon10.gif

Perhaps we should try and get something rolling before the holiday crazies or this will probably have to wait until after the New Year. If we pick a date I'm sure we'll find a place and/or host. With 3 million plus in the Valley there has to be a pretty good pool of head-fiers up there...who knows how many will jump in on a spur of the moment mini AZ meet.

If this starts to get out of hand quickly one crazy thought is we could rent a cheap (but respectable) hotel suit type room (Priceline here we come!) and just take up a little collection or pass the hat. Even if we only get a handful I'm sure we can have a good time. I have never been to a meet, so look I’m just making it up as I go…lol.
beerchug.gif

I’m just assuming someone in the Valley may not feel comfortable having a bevy of complete and total strangers crashing their home or office with boxes of headphones!
biggrin.gif

So do Saturdays or Sundays work better for the folks currently reading this thread. I could do either if I know in advance.

OK here it goes...so how is Saturday Dec. 6th or Sunday, Dec. 7th for people? I’m just tossing it out there for conversation sake. Say 12 noon to 4? Next is the 13th or 14th... then its holiday insanity and into January some weekend for me.

Chime in… tell a friend… spend all your holiday money before you even know what happened.
wink.gif

Cheers,

Tribalambient in Tucson
(The noob who didn't know any better!)

Nov 13, 2008 at 1:25 PM Post #209 of 269
Saturdays are better for me. Dec 6th 12-4 would work for me, no promises but I may be able to bring the boutique millet max down if we can get some sources etc. That is if the weather holds up, and if it does I should have it the 28th of Nov to let those blackgates settle a bit.

Dave

Nov 14, 2008 at 5:26 AM Post #210 of 269
Well... Dec. 6th, 7th & 13th are no good for me.
That puts my vote to Dec. 14th

Mark M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back