Phillips SHP 9500 S got discontinued, which headphone would you recommend that fits in that place?
Jul 6, 2018 at 7:52 PM Post #16 of 37
Jul 30, 2018 at 1:52 PM Post #17 of 37
Don't understand why Philips would discontinue their likely 1best selling headphone. Really? As others have pointed out, there's absolutely nothing that compares in that price range as far as open back, and they're worth way more than the original asking price. I got mine from New Egg for roughly $54 last year. I mean jack up the price a bit fine, but discontinue them? Seems idiotic to me especially since their in such high demand.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2018 at 1:55 PM Post #18 of 37
Jul 30, 2018 at 1:57 PM Post #19 of 37
Jul 30, 2018 at 3:01 PM Post #21 of 37
Yeah on my website I had the MDR V6 as the #2 Budget King behind the 9500, and really it's the #1 in terms of a closed back. I'm just super annoyed at Philips. Nothing else came close in terms of combining excellent build, comfort, and sound into a complete package for under $100. Philips SHP9500 Review. I edited it to reflect the ridiculous change.

Jul 30, 2018 at 3:15 PM Post #22 of 37
What's up man, did you get my reply on Instagram? I'm so upset about this development.

Oh hi bro, nice to see you here. :beyersmile: I think i got it.

This might have something to do with the Gibson-bankruptcy. Gibson has been making A/V-products for Philips to this day. Philips moved recently all A/V-product licenses that were assigned to Gibson over to another company called TPV. SHP9500 may be coming back some day or not.

https://www.twice.com/news/philips-passes-gibson-held-a-v-licenses-to-tpv

https://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2018/05/25/philips-and-tpv-expand-global-brand-licence-agreement/

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2018 at 3:18 PM Post #23 of 37
Well that makes more sense. I really hope it comes back in some future iteration. Some of my articles got ruined lol, but I just put a disclaimer on a couple of them including the one above. Thanks for that insight though!

Jul 30, 2018 at 3:36 PM Post #24 of 37
Yeah on my website I had the MDR V6 as the #2 Budget King behind the 9500

Kind of off-topic but unfortunately it seems that V6 has been discontinued as well, they are not even listed on Sonys website anymore. I live in Europe and i wasnt able to find even single retailer selling them. Fortunately one ebay-seller saved me.

It is indeed very sad when these budget gems start to disappear from the markets. Lets hope that they at least get replaced by some incoming models from other brands.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2018 at 9:31 PM Post #25 of 37
Kind of off-topic but unfortunately it seems that V6 has been discontinued as well, they are not even listed on Sonys website anymore. I live in Europe and i wasnt able to find even single retailer selling them. Fortunately one ebay-seller saved me.

It is indeed very sad when these budget gems start to disappear from the markets. Lets hope that they at least get replaced by some incoming models from other brands.
I don't know about Europe, but here in the states the V6 hasn't as readily available as the 7506 for a while...but the 7506 is available from many, many sources. Considering they are so similar I wouldn't get too upset.

Aug 21, 2018 at 10:40 PM Post #26 of 37
Aug 22, 2018 at 6:37 AM Post #27 of 37
So someone did buy from there, huh. I was checking that exact listing out the other day, but it seems too fishy. Then again, 99% of Aliexpress stuff is like that. How was your experience? Any problems? Are the headphones legit ones for sure?

Im 100% sure that they are selling legit stuff, if my pair is a replica its pretty damn well made one. They are most likely leftovers from closed Gibson-factory.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2019 at 10:19 PM Post #29 of 37
GUYS IM LOOKING TO BUY SHP 9500 WITH CLOSED BACK CONE MOD SHIP TO CANADA.

Jan 4, 2020 at 9:09 AM Post #30 of 37
What's a cone mod?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back