Philips SHP9500 Discussion Thread
Jan 23, 2015 at 12:29 AM Post #76 of 2,061

Has anyone listened to this and the AKG K240 Studio? Sound, comfort, cup space and depth?

I'm thinking of these 2 for listening to movies, plugged into my A/V receiver.

Thanks.

I am also interested in the 2,which would be more comfortable and the best bass response,I wear headphones for a good part of the day,I will be using them with a Marantz 2226.
Thanks 

Jan 23, 2015 at 12:45 AM Post #77 of 2,061
The Phillips by most measure has a light and tight bass. It does extend well but impact and rumble is definitely not there. As for comfort they're decent but they're made for big heads as clamping force isn't strong. If you're wearing them still then that's not a problem but if you're moving around they might be loose depending your head size. I wear a 7.5 fitted hat and it's on the comfortably loose side, it'll stay on but any tilt of the head beyond a little movement shifts the headphone.

I am also interested in the 2,which would be more comfortable and the best bass response,I wear headphones for a good part of the day,I will be using them with a Marantz 2226.
Thanks 

Jan 23, 2015 at 5:35 PM Post #81 of 2,061
Not sure if to buy it or better wait for the fidelio can anyone compare this with fidelio x1 or x2 I want one of these, but if the SHP9500 gets close to fidelio and for $65 I will buy it for sure.

Jan 23, 2015 at 8:19 PM Post #82 of 2,061
  Not sure if to buy it or better wait for the fidelio can anyone compare this with fidelio x1 or x2 I want one of these, but if the SHP9500 gets close to fidelio and for $65 I will buy it for sure.

Opposite of what the Fidelio x1/x2 offers. The 9500 sounds brighter to me, bass is solid and clean. Compared to the X1, the bass is more punchy and deep, more on the warmer side overall.

Honestly, the 9500 beats the X1/x2 in terms of clarity and distinguishing sounds more. Soundstage is wider in X1/X2 though. Seperation should be about the same as well, from what I recall.

I dont have the X1 anymore and havent used the 9500 for a while ever since I got my K7XX.

But the 9500 for under 80 bucks is a no brainer, especially if you game competitively.

Jan 24, 2015 at 4:31 PM Post #86 of 2,061
I would recommend your head to be 7 1/4" hat or bigger to properly have these clamp. I wear a 7 1/2 and they're still on the loose side.
I tried those cans and they sound excellent. The problem was they were so large and loose on my head, I returned them.

Jan 24, 2015 at 7:25 PM Post #87 of 2,061
  Opposite of what the Fidelio x1/x2 offers. The 9500 sounds brighter to me, bass is solid and clean. Compared to the X1, the bass is more punchy and deep, more on the warmer side overall.

Honestly, the 9500 beats the X1/x2 in terms of clarity and distinguishing sounds more. Soundstage is wider in X1/X2 though. Seperation should be about the same as well, from what I recall.

I dont have the X1 anymore and havent used the 9500 for a while ever since I got my K7XX.

But the 9500 for under 80 bucks is a no brainer, especially if you game competitively.

Thank you rudyae86, finally i couldn't resist and got one from neweggflash, now let me think how I will explain to my wife that I purchased one more headphone :wink:

Jan 24, 2015 at 8:34 PM Post #88 of 2,061
Thank you rudyae86, finally i couldn't resist and got one from neweggflash, now let me think how I will explain to my wife that I purchased one more headphone :wink:

It's a cheap price honestly. Also, I made a mistake and said that it's punchy and deep, I meant the X1 is punchy and deep but the SHP9500 has very solid Bass and still extends quite nicely. I still like the sound of it though, I would rate it's fun factor around 6 or 6.5 on a scale from 1 to 10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back