Philips SHE3580 IEM review--how can something sound so good for $10???
Jul 22, 2013 at 10:06 PM Post #646 of 1,072
Quote:
Ya want bass, try the SHE9000. It will pulp your grey matter with low end
basshead.gif

I hated those IEMs 
tongue.gif

Tried them once, thought they were muffled across all frequences, and thought even the Skullcandy Titans were completely better in every regard. 

Thought they were pretty terrible, but I hope to be corrected. Do they improve with burn in or something? Cause I gave them to my sister who uses them now.... LOL. 

Jul 22, 2013 at 10:18 PM Post #647 of 1,072
Quote:

I hated those IEMs 
tongue.gif

Tried them once, thought they were muffled across all frequences, and thought even the Skullcandy Titans were completely better in every regard. 

Thought they were pretty terrible, but I hope to be corrected. Do they improve with burn in or something? Cause I gave them to my sister who uses them now.... LOL. 

The trick here (so far) is to cover the bass ports with porous surgical tape and NOT insert them into the ear but get a big tip which covers the opening to the ear canal.

Jul 23, 2013 at 4:07 PM Post #648 of 1,072
Got these in today. Haven't tested them too much yet but so far tehy sound pretty comparable in SQ to 8320s. They are definitely more V shaped but similar in terms of clarity. I think the 8320s do have a little more clarity though. However, the 3850s seem to have a more full and warm sound (because of the V sape). I am more of a fan of a neutral sound so I think I might prefer the 8320s but I'll have to do more A/Bing to really see.

They actually do sound nearly identical to my dad's Sennheiser CX200s which is interesting. If you were to blindfold me I don't think I would be able to tell the difference between the two.

I also got the FX40s today which I think are going to be much better than these. They aren't burned in yet so they are still way too harsh for me (gave me a headache after 5 mins) but the clarity and bass response on them is unreal. I also like the fit of those way better than both the 3850s and 8320s.

All in all though, very excellent sound quality for $10 and even better for you guys who got it at $7. 

Aug 6, 2013 at 9:28 PM Post #649 of 1,072
Dear All,

Need help or advice ...love the sound of she3580 but the right side of my philips is producing crackling sound and tried blowing into the nozzle and the sound is back to normal but after a while it comes back again...pls help

Aug 6, 2013 at 9:45 PM Post #650 of 1,072
Buy another pair...

Aug 7, 2013 at 11:08 PM Post #653 of 1,072
Quote:
Got these in today. Haven't tested them too much yet but so far tehy sound pretty comparable in SQ to 8320s. They are definitely more V shaped but similar in terms of clarity. I think the 8320s do have a little more clarity though. However, the 3850s seem to have a more full and warm sound (because of the V sape). I am more of a fan of a neutral sound so I think I might prefer the 8320s but I'll have to do more A/Bing to really see.

They actually do sound nearly identical to my dad's Sennheiser CX200s which is interesting. If you were to blindfold me I don't think I would be able to tell the difference between the two.

I also got the FX40s today which I think are going to be much better than these. They aren't burned in yet so they are still way too harsh for me (gave me a headache after 5 mins) but the clarity and bass response on them is unreal. I also like the fit of those way better than both the 3850s and 8320s.

All in all though, very excellent sound quality for $10 and even better for you guys who got it at $7. 

i actually disagree, i have own and tested both the philips and the 8320s. i wouldn't say their similar at all. The philips is very V shaped, with emphasis on the sub bass (thankfully rather than midbass). the mids are very recessed and neutral (not forward to make it appear less recessed), the bass does bleed in to the mids quite a bit. the mids are uninteresting to me. the highs are a bit harsh for my liking, Lacks some control. However no signs of sibliance. this makes the phillips a very exciting sound abeit very very colored. but i can't listen to them over 1.5 hours, theres listening fatigue.

the 8320s on the other hand is very airy and spacious soundstage compare to the closed in head of the philips. there is a mid bass bump (not preferred) but ehh what are you gonna do. little bass extension, but fast decay so it can handle fast music ( electronic, hip hop) if any. i wouldn't call these bass head headphones like the phillips. The mids are free from bass bleed, they sound very natural and very engaging if a bit dry. the treble i think is actually perfect to me. No sibilance, no harshness, they don't extend very far, some sparkle. But no listening fatigue so thats a HUGE plus for me

both are fantastic SUPER-BUDGET ($10 OR LESS) iems. both have different uses. Phillips imo is best suited for the subway commuter that needs bass and isolation to drown out ambient noise.( usually listening to hip hop, rap, electronic, dance, rock, pop)

the 8320s are better suited for quiet neigbhourhoods or apartments. with emphasis on the vocals ( like acoustic music, ballads, indie music, classical, pop ) --> the 8320s can be modded and eqed to better suit electronic music (tape the air ports next to the nozzle) use treble boost on the ipod)= fantastics budget cameleon!--> the bass imo becomes muddy but there is a boost and the vocals become recessed, losing some of their magic but what are you gonna do.

Aug 9, 2013 at 11:44 PM Post #654 of 1,072
Grabbed a set of blue SHE3575 for $1.99 + shipping.

Out of the box, I can't say I'm a fan of this sound. They're rather 'blaring'. The upper mids are very forward, definitely a bright sounding 'phone.. and yet I didn't see anyone mention how bright these are.

Do these improve much with burn-in? What about different tips?

Aug 9, 2013 at 11:59 PM Post #655 of 1,072
Aug 10, 2013 at 12:21 AM Post #656 of 1,072
I only got them because some people said they were the same. I wonder sometimes if the inline remote alters the sound.

But if the 3580 are bright sounding, no point ordering those to replace these. Kinda don't feel like trying, even though they're so cheap. Can't get into that whole thing again... really just want something that sounds like the EPH100... wishful thinking, lol

Aug 10, 2013 at 1:03 AM Post #658 of 1,072
Bass is the word for the SHE 3590/80's

Aug 10, 2013 at 3:28 AM Post #659 of 1,072
Quote:
I may be wrong but I recall that the ones with the inline remote sounded different. I'm pretty sure it was mentioned a few pages back

Nuts. Wish I'd seen that.

Well, I might try the 3580 or 3590 then. These also seem to have a slight imbalance favoring the left earbud. :frowning2:

Aug 10, 2013 at 5:55 AM Post #660 of 1,072
Quote:
I only got them because some people said they were the same. I wonder sometimes if the inline remote alters the sound.

But if the 3580 are bright sounding, no point ordering those to replace these. Kinda don't feel like trying, even though they're so cheap. Can't get into that whole thing again... really just want something that sounds like the EPH100... wishful thinking, lol

I have SHE3590 and SHH3580 (with mic) - they sound nothing alike.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back