Philips SHE 9700 is no longer being manufactured. What are some other similar sounding in ear monitors?
Jul 21, 2023 at 6:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

srikant123

New Head-Fier
Hello Everyone,

Posting my first thread here. I am sad that Philips SHE 9700 is no longer being manufactured. These were available for 20-25$ that time. Now there is price gouging going on and they are selling for 50$ or more on Ebay and 45$ on Amazon. They used to have amazing soundstage, very rich and distinct treble and really soothing and warm bass. All the other sub 30$ IEMs I have bought do not compare to this.

I have been out of IEM space for long, so seeking recommendations for something similar to SHE 9700 (in sub 30$ range)with rich treble and clear instruments/voices, warm yet impactful bass and a really expansive soundstage. Thanks again!

Jul 24, 2023 at 12:02 PM Post #2 of 2
At that price range, I think it might be worth looking into Chi-Fi - Chinese IEMs that (supposedly) punch way above their price range. Supposedly because I have next to zero personal experience (I had physical comfort issues - extremely subjective), but that thread is 2000 pages long.

Ask at this thread here: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chi...ap-dongles-sound-value-quest.805930/page-2099

If that thread is anything like the earbuds thread, you should get some replies in a jiffy.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back