Philips SBC-HP1000 appreciation
Jul 14, 2007 at 2:55 AM Post #34 of 51
i want to sell mine hp1000 to buy an portable amp, but it seems not alot of people know about these bang of the buck phones on ebay, if anyone one is interested in a used mint pair for trade or what not, feel free to contact me
cool.gif

sorry if i am not supposed to post in here, thanks

Jul 14, 2007 at 10:08 AM Post #35 of 51
I've had a pair of HP890 for nearly 4 years and they're still my favourite all-purpose cans.

Jul 16, 2007 at 4:03 PM Post #36 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by locu64 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've had a pair of HP890 for nearly 4 years and they're still my favourite all-purpose cans.

they're fun aren't they... must say though... HP895s are better sounding and the built isn't as intrusive... if u can find them...
HP1000s still beats both of them though
wink.gif

Jul 22, 2007 at 4:20 AM Post #37 of 51
I picked up some HP1000s. They are quite nice, I have to say. Very nice, right out of the box. The construction is a bit flimsy as noted, but it has very nice high end and reflects the source quite well. I use an X-Fi with LM4562 opamps so the highs are crystal clear and very detailed. The weakness, as noted is it could use a bit more low end extension. The low end is quick and seems well defined so far. It's a bit lacking the thump factor, but that's alright.

The cord is a bit weird. It looks like a 2.5mm jack on the headphones with some friction material to hold it in. It's also very long.

I'd have to say these are some really nice inexpensive headphones, if you can find them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back