Philips Fidelio X3
Jun 15, 2021 at 1:43 AM Post #1,533 of 1,964
A Apple computer question. I'm a bit embarrassed to ask the forum members regarding what "AudiMidi" app setting I should use with my Asgard 3 with TrueMultibit for Tidal? A recent YouTube video reminding me this app. existed on my M1 MacMini (I was previously using a 2015 iMac with another headphone/amp combo.

So, how far should I jack the settings.

BTW, I had previously complained that my B&W P9's bass sounded way too bloated with the Asgard 3. Well I changed out the cable to a much shorter one, and the bass beast has been tamed.

Thanks for the help! Its always fun to play with equipment new or old!

The BW P9 are the worst headphones I ever put on my head. Even if you are able to attenuate the insane mid bass bloat, you'll have to worry about its ridiculous weight balancing on your neck.

Jun 23, 2021 at 2:59 AM Post #1,534 of 1,964
grado gw100
hifiman ananda bt
hifi man deva
you just called the authors of these headphones idiots
... well, and me for one thing :)
... I would be happy to expand the number of open backs with the bt interface
Yes, Grado Gw100, ananda bt and deva are very much consumer oriented headphones, and none of the above sound good

Jun 23, 2021 at 7:19 PM Post #1,536 of 1,964
Nothing comes close to HD650 under 500 bucks
That's an interesting comment to make in the X3 thread....i think you might find that there are plenty of people that happen to think the X3 is as good or better than the HD650.

Jun 24, 2021 at 4:01 AM Post #1,538 of 1,964
That's an interesting comment to make in the X3 thread....i think you might find that there are plenty of people that happen to think the X3 is as good or better than the HD650.
I thought this thread is a place for discussion, not a place of defending your purchases. I'm just expressing my opinion, like those who prefer the X3 are

Jun 24, 2021 at 4:13 AM Post #1,540 of 1,964
I thought this thread is a place for discussion
You brought nothing to the discussion. You might as well have said that the Perrigrine falcon is the best birds in the sub 5 pounds range.
Ok...that's your opinion...so? Why don't you tell us your favorite color, maybe we need to know that too?

Jun 24, 2021 at 12:33 PM Post #1,541 of 1,964
I was replying to someone but I forgot to quote the post, sorry

My point was that fanboy rhetoric of "X is the best headphone ever" fits best in the discussion thread for headphone X. Not in discussion threads for other headphones.

Jun 25, 2021 at 10:31 AM Post #1,542 of 1,964
You brought nothing to the discussion. You might as well have said that the Perrigrine falcon is the best birds in the sub 5 pounds range.
Ok...that's your opinion...so? Why don't you tell us your favorite color, maybe we need to know that too?
So is saying I like the Fidelio X3 constructive then ? Should we all just post measurements because it is the only thing that's objectively useful?

I have seen overly positive reviews in this thread which do not align with my experience, and we have a duty to inform the less knowledgeable newcomers to this hobby the truth. I am sharing my opinion on purchase decision, just like many others are. My original comment was meant to be a reply to earlier comments.

Should we rename this to fidelio x3 appreciation thread then?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back