Philips Fidelio X3
Feb 11, 2021 at 9:42 PM Post #1,471 of 1,964
Yeah.....but Its possible they might actually sound better...

Yep. I have Dekoni pads on three different headphones. And it's not because the other pads wore out.

Will look forward to when Dekoni expands the pad offering for all of their pad types.

Feb 12, 2021 at 4:07 AM Post #1,473 of 1,964
Feb 12, 2021 at 5:36 AM Post #1,475 of 1,964
Feb 12, 2021 at 9:51 AM Post #1,477 of 1,964
I honestly can’t tell the difference balanced or unbalanced.

There shouldn't be a difference unless the single-ended output of your amp is too weak or is otherwise gimped somehow. Most of the time it's just a placebo

Feb 13, 2021 at 1:33 AM Post #1,478 of 1,964
There shouldn't be a difference unless the single-ended output of your amp is too weak or is otherwise gimped somehow. Most of the time it's just a placebo
I have a Hiby R5. There is a noticeable difference between balanced and non.

Feb 13, 2021 at 7:25 AM Post #1,479 of 1,964
I have a Hiby R5. There is a noticeable difference between balanced and non.

Maybe, haven't heard that one, as I said there might be specific devices where the single-ended output isn't as good. I can see on a portable device why the single-ended output could be underpowered.

The uncommon configuration Philips used for the connectors makes it hard to find ready-made cables, so your best bet is probably gonna be to go the custom route

Feb 14, 2021 at 12:20 PM Post #1,480 of 1,964
Maybe, haven't heard that one, as I said there might be specific devices where the single-ended output isn't as good. I can see on a portable device why the single-ended output could be underpowered.

The uncommon configuration Philips used for the connectors makes it hard to find ready-made cables, so your best bet is probably gonna be to go the custom route
Not maybe, the power output is different .... the X3 sounds better out of the balanced side.
Yeah, I'll probably re- terminate my stock cable, or maybe I'll mod the headphones themselves.

Feb 14, 2021 at 2:35 PM Post #1,481 of 1,964
So here's a question, what amp/dac yinz using? I've got my eye on the JDS Labs Element II because as much as I like the Aune T1 MK2 I've got the wanderlust.

Feb 16, 2021 at 11:17 PM Post #1,482 of 1,964
Ok so now a few months with this set and it just gets better and better. Maybe my ears have acquainted themselves with the elevated treble which is now a ton of detail vs some harshness a while back. I threw on a set of Fidelio L2s which were once a detail king and they are now just ok. There is bass in these cans contrary to some opinions - and when I mean bass, I mean its there when called for and its detailed, with texture. Not V shaped bass that bleeds into everything. Such a good set. Currently running balanced out from IFI Zen stack.

Feb 21, 2021 at 2:23 PM Post #1,483 of 1,964
my pair just arrived. I will not say anything regarding sound quality until some burn in, well I am from that family :wink: only thing I have to admit and I am well surprised by that is that I have to pump up volume dial by much more than I have been expecting on Cayin iDAC-6 / iHA-6 amp duo and in case of Resonessence Labs Concero HP which normally drives everything just fine I am so much disappointed, it sucks in this case. go figure

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2021 at 4:03 PM Post #1,485 of 1,964
I couldn't help myself, they're on sale for 149-ish EUR in Sweden :)

At full price, I consider the X3 a solid purchase. When you get them at that kind of a discount, it's a no-brainer. Just remember to give yourself a day or two to adjust because the treble might catch you off guard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back