Philips Fidelio X2?!
May 26, 2021 at 4:22 AM Post #14,776 of 15,268
Guys,I need to buy new earpads.I just find one in aliexpress.It does not say that it is compatible with x2hr.But specs are okey to use.I sent a message to the seller but still no respond.Is these pads are compatible with x2hr.Help me pls.

https://tr.aliexpress.com/item/1005002342938602.html
Looking at the measurements, they look like they'd fit, but the inner ear size is 55mm. That's very small. I have quite small ears, those are too small for my ears.

May 27, 2021 at 4:48 AM Post #14,780 of 15,268
Talking about pads, I got the Dekoni Suede. Sound wise, it is different, but rather minor difference, I didn't do A to B, but If it doesn't bother me, it probably didn't do a lot. Tho there is a difference, but since I didn't do A to B, I find it hard to pinpoint, because memory... I kind of just slapped them on there in the morning. ^^

Anyway as far as comfort is concerned, Yup I still hate memory foam. The Dekonis are hotter than the old ones, slide around your head more and I just don't like memory foam, but overall if stock pads for me is a 9/10, then Dekoni's Suede comfort wise would be a 7/10. I recommend for sure. I still prefer the original pads, however they are on their last legs after 6 years.... The Grease stain they left on my mousepad where I keep them, wow! :D

May 27, 2021 at 11:56 AM Post #14,781 of 15,268
May 27, 2021 at 8:07 PM Post #14,782 of 15,268
I just picked up a used X2HR to see what all the fuss around this one is about. Super nice, should improve with much bigger velour pads, I'm guessing? Also, this was a great deal.

May 27, 2021 at 8:38 PM Post #14,783 of 15,268
Listening to my original X2s right now. Bought them new in the box, never put any real hours on them. They're like new.

I have way better headphones now than I did 4+ years ago when I got these--but damn, these sound so good. It's that wonderful, musical, ear-friendly sound all over again: big, diffuse soundstage, bassy bottom, pretty decent detail & resolution for a headphone that's not known for either.

I could very easily live with these as my only pair of headphones.

May 28, 2021 at 12:51 AM Post #14,784 of 15,268
Exactly what I did. I originally didn't like them, found them muffled and bloated. No idea why, maybe amp or something else at the time. I took them out years later after many headphones, I was confused. I'm listening to them and thinking "Wait what? How that happened? These are Magical!". Also found them to be the most comfortable headphone that I had and I just ended up defaulting to them. :)

May 28, 2021 at 1:20 AM Post #14,785 of 15,268
I also think a lot of the complaints about the X2's treble overlook that any decently resolving headphone with some energy up top is prone to being revealing of poor records. I think the treble on X2, though a bit artificial, is generally well balanced and sounds very nice. But if your recording is poor then the X2 will let you know. I think people aren't very accepting of that because the X2 is widely considered a 'fun' can and so it's not supposed to bother you with technical concerns like this, however I think in the process of calling it fun it's overlooked how technically capable a headphone it is in the meantime. I think that's what makes the X2 so fun for me actually, that it hits that balance of spaciousness, fidelity, bass, resolution, tonality, energy and forgiving nature so well. It's also what makes them just such excellent allrounders.

Jun 2, 2021 at 8:10 PM Post #14,787 of 15,268
I decided to try out my AD900x's stock earpads and, man, what an improvement in overall sound. Those Philips earpads are suffocating the drivers, but the ATH pads sacrifice bass slightly. Those pads would probably also make X2HR sound more closed, but I modified them to alleviate that entirely before swapping them on my AD900x for thicker wang_yifei aftermarket pads.

I'm tempted to put wang_yifei pads on the X2HR, but I think I'll stick to the modified ATH pads for now.

Those Philips pads bottleneck clarity, resolution, and more. No more paper-thin mids, either. A mod like this can bring out FR peaks, though. Time to check.

edit: sweet! No major peaks, just 4-5 very small ones throughout upper mids and treble. Biggest one of them to me is one between 3.5kHz and 4kHz.

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2021 at 6:39 PM Post #14,788 of 15,268
Listening to my original X2s right now. Bought them new in the box, never put any real hours on them. They're like new.

I have way better headphones now than I did 4+ years ago when I got these--but damn, these sound so good. It's that wonderful, musical, ear-friendly sound all over again: big, diffuse soundstage, bassy bottom, pretty decent detail & resolution for a headphone that's not known for either.

They are my only ones and I've never felt the urge to buy others.

I listen to them every night. Music, TV, Youtube, etc, they do it all and built like a tank.

Jul 1, 2021 at 12:43 AM Post #14,789 of 15,268
Spotted a kid coming out of the Albertsons sporting a set of X2.
I acosted him, of course, " that's a bold move rocking the X2 outside!"
He was shocked that i knew what they were.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back