Philips Fidelio X2?!
Mar 26, 2020 at 2:07 PM Post #13,982 of 15,268
Does anyone have experience with mod mics on the X2? I'd like to convert move into a headset, but I'm not sure about two things: Where should I attach the magnet and how much does the less l sound leaking get picked up by the microphone (since it's an open design)?

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2020 at 2:39 PM Post #13,983 of 15,268
Does anyone have experience with mod mics on the X2? Is like to convert move into a headset, but I'm not sure about two things: Where should I attach the magnet and how much does the less l sound leaking get picked up by the microphone (since it's an open design)?

I have used the Vmoda BoomPro with the X2, exactly for the reason that I didn’t want to attach a magnet to the X2. Works great, and the BoomPro is an excellent microphone. Be aware that there’s generic/counterfeit BoomPro lookalikes, which look the same but sound poor.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2020 at 4:36 PM Post #13,984 of 15,268
I have used the Vmoda BoomPro with the X2, exactly for the reason that I didn’t want to attach a magnet to the X2. Works great, and the BoomPro is an excellent microphone. Be aware that there’s generic/counterfeit BoomPro lookalikes, which look the same but sound poor.

I was betting you'd be the one to have an answer! (and it's a good answer)

Mar 26, 2020 at 5:20 PM Post #13,985 of 15,268
Does anyone have experience with mod mics on the X2? Is like to convert move into a headset, but I'm not sure about two things: Where should I attach the magnet and how much does the less l sound leaking get picked up by the microphone (since it's an open design)?

My wife is using this very set-up as she works from home in these strange times no isses with mod-mic 4.0 no sound pick up issue

Mar 26, 2020 at 5:44 PM Post #13,986 of 15,268
Thanks for the reply, that eases my mind! Where did you attach the magnet to, however? Directly onto the grill or somewhere else? I'm dumb, forgot the BoomPro has no magnet. Oops.

My wife is using this very set-up as she works from home in these strange times no isses with mod-mic 4.0 no sound pick up issue
Haha yes, this idea came to mind precisely because of home-office voice chat meetings as well. I'm tired of using my earbuds. Since it's a ModMic, where is the magnet attached to? Directly onto the grill or somewhere else?

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2020 at 7:46 PM Post #13,988 of 15,268
Gotta say the X2 through the CTH+SDAC getting a lot playing time during this....

May just be my most shuffle friendly, long-session combo. :beerchug:

Apr 7, 2020 at 6:01 AM Post #13,990 of 15,268
I got these for gaming and they're nice. However, as for music, I was wondering which genres these work the best with.
Personally I consider them a good all arounder. Others might disagree. I think it depends on how much of one genre you listen to. Things I listen to consist of anything from ambient to the heaviest things possible. ^^ In the same playlist.

Apr 7, 2020 at 6:59 AM Post #13,991 of 15,268
Personally I consider them a good all arounder. Others might disagree. I think it depends on how much of one genre you listen to. Things I listen to consist of anything from ambient to the heaviest things possible. ^^ In the same playlist.
Same here...I set entire library on shuffle and enjoy.

Apr 7, 2020 at 9:58 AM Post #13,993 of 15,268
I got these for gaming and they're nice. However, as for music, I was wondering which genres these work the best with.
I feel they can do it all. I just give it a bit more bass depending on the music/song if needed and they just deliver luscious sounds!

Apr 7, 2020 at 12:04 PM Post #13,994 of 15,268
I like the trend in last few messages, concerning music genres that sound good (or not) on the X2s. Like other posters here, I've used them for every type of music that interests me, and they always satisfy.

Another way to say that is actually revealing: unlike some other headphones (including ones that are considerably more expensive & sonically better in certain ways), the X2s don't sound different on different genres. They bring the same somewhat bassy, spacious, ear-friendly sound to all music. And that's a key definition of a serious all-rounder (at least it is for me).

I have other headphones that truly are better than the X2s, in addition to being more expensive. Still, whenever I put on the X2s, none of that matters...I just enjoy music. Considering how few headphones are like that, the X2s are in select company IMO.

Apr 14, 2020 at 4:07 AM Post #13,995 of 15,268
Whats the latest consensus on the best replacement pads for these X1/X2 outside of the shures as those are very expensive here.My original X1 pads on their last legs as the hd650's remain sat in the box in a cupboard.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back