Philips Fidelio X2?!
Feb 5, 2017 at 11:00 AM Post #11,867 of 15,268

Did you EQ them in their trouble zone? What music did you listen to on them?

I've already talked about this in exhausting detail over in the in the AudioQuest topic. Look up my name or something to find it.

Bottom line: Even after EQ it didn't give me the same amount of pleasure the X2 had. People kept saying it was because they weren't burnt-in, but the Carbons I've listened to yesterday were definitely burned in and they still didn't suit my tastes.

Feb 5, 2017 at 2:13 PM Post #11,869 of 15,268
I'm really enjoying with the X2 the Ottmar Liebert + Luna Negra - Up Close (2008). Give it a try!

Feb 5, 2017 at 8:08 PM Post #11,870 of 15,268
It's nice to see people still raving about these cans. These were my first high end cans- upgraded from ATH-M50x's (thankfully no longer in my possession). Lately I've been using the HD-6XX (650) the most, but I always cycle through my cans, sometimes listening to the same thing multiple times in a row to catch all the nuances from the different headphones. As many reviewers have said before, the X2's are definitely the most "fun" of the bunch. The bass punch is so good! I like the clarity the 6XX provides more than I like the bass punch of the X2's. 

Feb 5, 2017 at 8:21 PM Post #11,871 of 15,268
How's the Fidelio X2 with the Vali 2 tube amp for those who have tried it?

Feb 6, 2017 at 4:59 PM Post #11,872 of 15,268
I'm enjoying a lot first hours with Cayin C5 paired with Dx50 and X2. Soundscape has increased significantly and treble is now smoother. Low gain at volume 6 it's enough with these cans. I would say it's true step in my hifi trip.

Feb 6, 2017 at 6:48 PM Post #11,873 of 15,268
Due to being an idiot I broke my aux cable by running over it with my chair. gg me. So now I have to use the stock cable that is four times longer than it needs to be and picks up microphonics like crazy when I rub against it.

Anyway, got me thinking. What exactly is the point of this clip thing?

I really, really don't understand what sort of cable management it should help with. Anyone got a picture to give an idea?

Feb 6, 2017 at 6:51 PM Post #11,874 of 15,268
Looking to buy these but concerned about soundstage for FPS gaming. Would the X2 be similiar to Hifiman 400S in that department? How much do I lose compared to 'soundwhoring' cans like AD700x and AKG 701/2? I could of course buy one of the latter, but looking for something versatile that's enjoyable with music too.

Feb 6, 2017 at 7:43 PM Post #11,875 of 15,268
Elgiganten is selling the X2s for 112 USD in Swedish stores right now.
Probably got a whole bunch of returns from all of us bastards trying to get a good pair when they had the 125 USD sale. (Sorry).

Feb 6, 2017 at 7:51 PM Post #11,876 of 15,268
Looking to buy these but concerned about soundstage for FPS gaming. Would the X2 be similiar to Hifiman 400S in that department? How much do I lose compared to 'soundwhoring' cans like AD700x and AKG 701/2? I could of course buy one of the latter, but looking for something versatile that's enjoyable with music too.

I play games daily with this.. Mostly FPS, I can tell you they sounds really good and you can really where the footsteps are coming from and how near they are. It also sounds good for movies because of the punchy bass.

Feb 6, 2017 at 8:22 PM Post #11,877 of 15,268

I bought these specifically for FPS gaming. Music was just a bonus for me.

If you play Overwatch, these allow me to pinpoint where the enemy pharah is, not only direction, but how high up she is also.
They are awesome for FPS in my opinion.

I cant reply to your other concerns. But id like to add, these are very comfy. But ive heard some people do not like the feel of them.

On an unrelated matter: Could anyone recommend me some music that pairs really well with these cans? has to be available on spotify

Feb 6, 2017 at 8:54 PM Post #11,878 of 15,268
  On an unrelated matter: Could anyone recommend me some music that pairs really well with these cans? has to be available on spotify

Just a few off the top of my head:

Lukas Graham - 7 Years Old
Andra Day - Rise Up
John Mayer - Waiting On The World To Change
Chris Stapleton - Tennessee Whiskey

Feb 6, 2017 at 11:18 PM Post #11,879 of 15,268
I bought these specifically for FPS gaming. Music was just a bonus for me.

If you play Overwatch, these allow me to pinpoint where the enemy pharah is, not only direction, but how high up she is also.

I cant reply to your other concerns. But id like to add, these are very comfy. But ive heard some people do not like the feel of them.

Anything live. These cans do live recordings justice, from the Eagles to Bob Marley, any of the live albums.

Feb 7, 2017 at 6:03 AM Post #11,880 of 15,268

Bonus for Overwatch, enable Dolby Atmos with the X2 and you get so good at identifying steps, people will think you're wallhacking. First-hand experience...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back