Philips Fidelio X2?!
Aug 11, 2016 at 4:28 AM Post #11,191 of 15,268
I still prefer the acoustic properties of the Bass pads.
Anyway, the X2, having a slight V-shape is great for genres like rock, pop and EDM. They also sound very good with most other stuff including instrumental and soundtracks [apparently that's a genre :p].
Anyway, mine are currently on sale for $170 because I prefer a flat FR, though I still find the X2 to be as technically capable as the flat headphones [detail retrieval, soundstage, imaging, etc.]
Cheers!

Aug 11, 2016 at 9:25 AM Post #11,192 of 15,268
  I still prefer the acoustic properties of the Bass pads.
Anyway, the X2, having a slight V-shape is great for genres like rock, pop and EDM. They also sound very good with most other stuff including instrumental and soundtracks [apparently that's a genre :p].
Anyway, mine are currently on sale for $170 because I prefer a flat FR, though I still find the X2 to be as technically capable as the flat headphones [detail retrieval, soundstage, imaging, etc.]
Cheers!

Whats the difference sound wise between the original pads and the bass plus?

is it just the bass?

Aug 11, 2016 at 9:42 AM Post #11,193 of 15,268
Whats the difference sound wise between the original pads and the bass plus?

is it just the bass?

Not necessarily. But I'd say slightly more.
I found it to be closer to the X1 sound, slight V, smooth, potent bass. The Gibson pads make it more aggressive and harsher and pushing it closer to a pure monitor sound rather than the more warm and pleasing X2.
All I know is that I find reviews such as Innerfidelity align more with the Bass pads presentation than the Gibson pads, which I prefer. YMMV.

Aug 11, 2016 at 10:13 AM Post #11,194 of 15,268
I've seen the X2's come highly recommended for PC gaming so I recently picked up a pair to replace my broken Sennheiser PC 363d headset. I'm using them with my Asgard 2/Bifrost MB Schiit stack (overkill on the X2's) and they don't disappoint. Two thumbs up! 

This is neither here nor there, but I also picked up a Rode nt1a mic with a suspension boom scissor arm so I've got a full-on geek cockpit in my home office. My wife just shakes her head. 

Aug 11, 2016 at 2:57 PM Post #11,195 of 15,268
  I've seen the X2's come highly recommended for PC gaming so I recently picked up a pair to replace my broken Sennheiser PC 363d headset. I'm using them with my Asgard 2/Bifrost MB Schiit stack (overkill on the X2's) and they don't disappoint. Two thumbs up! 

This is neither here nor there, but I also picked up a Rode nt1a mic with a suspension boom scissor arm so I've got a full-on geek cockpit in my home office. My wife just shakes her head. 

Mission accomplished!

Aug 11, 2016 at 4:40 PM Post #11,197 of 15,268
  Hey Pahani, noticed in your sig that you have both the K7XX's and the X2's...which one do you prefer?

Well, they both have different uses, IMO. X2 has more bass, K7XX is closer to neutral. Both have very nice soundstage, so both would work nicely for gaming as well as music.

K7XX sounds more clear and precise..but that's not a knock on X2, if you hadn't heard them both side-by-side you wouldn't know.

That being said, K7XX is the only HP in my collection I didn't immediately love. And I honestly can't tell you WHY.....it doesn't do anything WRONG. I just don't feel the magic as with other headphones.

If you're after technical precision, K7XX would be the better choice. X2 is more fun, at least to me.

Aug 11, 2016 at 4:51 PM Post #11,198 of 15,268
  Well, they both have different uses, IMO. X2 has more bass, K7XX is closer to neutral. Both have very nice soundstage, so both would work nicely for gaming as well as music.

K7XX sounds more clear and precise..but that's not a knock on X2, if you hadn't heard them both side-by-side you wouldn't know.

That being said, K7XX is the only HP in my collection I didn't immediately love. And I honestly can't tell you WHY.....it doesn't do anything WRONG. I just don't feel the magic as with other headphones.

If you're after technical precision, K7XX would be the better choice. X2 is more fun, at least to me.

So it's probably not worth the time buying the K7XX's if I already have the X2's and then keeping the one I prefer? I was very impressed with the X2's when I got them

Aug 11, 2016 at 5:02 PM Post #11,199 of 15,268
  So it's probably not worth the time buying the K7XX's if I already have the X2's and then keeping the one I prefer? I was very impressed with the X2's when I got them

If you're only looking for 1 do-it-all pair, and already like your X2's....then your mind likely won't change .Buuut then again, maybe you should try and see, just to be sure :) You won't lose much, if any money if you sell the other pair after seeing for yourself.

I like to have "Complimentary" pairs, LOL! One neutral-ish pair, and an equivalent bass-heavy pair to go with it. If that was your aim, I'd say X2 and K7XX absolutely would compliment each other.

Aug 13, 2016 at 12:21 PM Post #11,201 of 15,268

What sound card to do you for gaming then?.
I bought the X2 for a split between gaming and music, and because it was on sale for 150$ new :O

I'm switching between my onboard soundcard and asus u3 usb sound card, and can't hear much difference though.

Aug 13, 2016 at 9:24 PM Post #11,202 of 15,268
hi, I've had the x2 for a 3 days now and while i don't know much about headphones they kind of sound quiet to me. when i have them on my iPhone they are only half or three quarters as loud as other headphones I've had in the past. when i connect them to my ps4 controller they aren't very loud at all even with the volume turned fully up. Are they like this (i will need amp) or does this sound like a defective pair. the sound quality seems ok to me and there isn't any glue on the earcups. 

Any help would be appreciated!!

thanks 

Aug 14, 2016 at 3:59 AM Post #11,205 of 15,268
Before i destroy my headphone or pads, is the pads is glued on what does that exactly means in case of sound etc.?
Tried to pull the right pad off, and seems like it won't come out, and sounds like it's glued when I pull them apart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back