Philips Fidelio X2?!
Aug 9, 2016 at 8:42 AM Post #11,176 of 15,268
  Nothing special. I use Creative E5 and Fiio's E17. 
You can actually plug the thing in to the new Xbox one controller and use that as a dac/amp. The sound's much cleaner than before with the One S wireless controller. In fact, there's no hiss where the Elite controller does hiss. 

Really?!

do you have the original controller with the adapter?

would like to know how it compares with the new one..but hearing Microsoft actually improved sound on the new controller is surprising!

my current setup is X2+Vmoda boom mic pro into old xbox one controller+adapter

Aug 9, 2016 at 11:20 AM Post #11,177 of 15,268

Really?!

do you have the original controller with the adapter?

would like to know how it compares with the new one..but hearing Microsoft actually improved sound on the new controller is surprising!

my current setup is X2+Vmoda boom mic pro into old xbox one controller+adapter

I had the original one which needs the adapter 
I had the revision with the 3.5mm jack
I have the Elite controller
I have the new S controller which also uses the 3.5mm jack.

The new one has the cleanest audio signal of all, and there is a little hiss if you plug an IEM in.  Please use the 2.4GHz connection and not Bluetooth connection. 

Aug 9, 2016 at 12:40 PM Post #11,178 of 15,268

The new one has the cleanest audio signal of all, and there is a little hiss if you plug an IEM in.  Please use the 2.4GHz connection and not Bluetooth connection. 

Which controller actually?.
I got the Xbox one Wireless I just use with an USB cabel to my computer?.
Or are you speaking of another one?.

Will I lose my virtual surround if I buy an O2 amp + dac and get the sound from my Asus U3 usb sound card?.
Or Will you recommend some other amp?.

Aug 9, 2016 at 2:27 PM Post #11,179 of 15,268
  Which controller actually?.
I got the Xbox one Wireless I just use with an USB cabel to my computer?.
Or are you speaking of another one?.

Will I lose my virtual surround if I buy an O2 amp + dac and get the sound from my Asus U3 usb sound card?.
Or Will you recommend some other amp?.

Microsoft made Xbox one controllers, from the first version to the new white controller. I am talking about the newest controller that supports bluetooth connection.

Aug 10, 2016 at 3:20 AM Post #11,180 of 15,268

ok..you convinced me to buy the new S controller, might buy the ( custom) one.

about the connection, doesn't automatically connect to Xbox with 2.4Ghz? i think the Bluetooth option is for PC.

Aug 10, 2016 at 6:06 AM Post #11,181 of 15,268

ok..you convinced me to buy the new S controller, might buy the ( custom) one.

about the connection, doesn't automatically connect to Xbox with 2.4Ghz? i think the Bluetooth option is for PC.

That's right. I purchased the dongle since I wanted to use the Xbox controller for PC wirelessly. Bluetooth is meant to be an easier way to connect to PC. I don't recommend using Bluetooth mode though. 

Aug 10, 2016 at 7:09 AM Post #11,182 of 15,268
Can anyone compare the Fidelio L2, Fidelio X2 & ATH Msr7 ? Im currently looking for a companion for my Msr7 and mainly leaning towards the Fidelio L2. Just wondering out of the L2 & X2 which sounds closer to the Msr7 with a tad more bass. I was even thinking if the L2 is closer to the Msr7 with a tad more bass, I may sell the Msr7 and get both L2 & X2.

Aug 10, 2016 at 11:43 AM Post #11,183 of 15,268
I owned the X2 and L2, but not the MSR7, so can't compare to that.
I find the X2 generally better than the L2. Smoother up top, more spacious, bigger soundstage and less aggressive. The L2 has a more up-front treble and is more energetic but that's about it. It is smaller and less comfy [but still fairly comfy] and it is semi-open, which might be either a pro or a con...

Aug 10, 2016 at 8:35 PM Post #11,185 of 15,268
I owned the X2 and L2, but not the MSR7, so can't compare to that.
I find the X2 generally better than the L2. Smoother up top, more spacious, bigger soundstage and less aggressive. The L2 has a more up-front treble and is more energetic but that's about it. It is smaller and less comfy [but still fairly comfy] and it is semi-open, which might be either a pro or a con...
. How do the X2 sound with rap, drum&bass, Psy trance & my all time faves The Prodigy? I kicked off the L2 so its basically X2 vs Msr7 but I know you can't compare the two but still would like to have an idea how the X2 sound.

Aug 10, 2016 at 9:47 PM Post #11,186 of 15,268
. How do the X2 sound with rap, drum&bass, Psy trance & my all time faves The Prodigy? I kicked off the L2 so its basically X2 vs Msr7 but I know you can't compare the two but still would like to have an idea how the X2 sound.

I think it's a pretty subjective thing you're asking. I think the X2 is great for the majority of genres. For EDM and stuff like Prodigy, the bass is plenty there, but some people might not like it as "airy" due to being open cans. If you want the music to rattle your skull, you'll be better off with closed cans, maybe Vmoda M100 or something. But the wide soundstage is nice for airier tracks, I think. Like Climbatize, for instance, sounds pretty sweet on X2.

Aug 10, 2016 at 10:57 PM Post #11,187 of 15,268
I think it's a pretty subjective thing you're asking. I think the X2 is great for the majority of genres. For EDM and stuff like Prodigy, the bass is plenty there, but some people might not like it as "airy" due to being open cans. If you want the music to rattle your skull, you'll be better off with closed cans, maybe Vmoda M100 or something. But the wide soundstage is nice for airier tracks, I think. Like Climbatize, for instance, sounds pretty sweet on X2.
. I own the M100 and do like them but im thinking of selling them and also they need fixing as one if the cliqfold thingo is broken...., I like a airy sound so I think I should be fine with the X2. Just wondering if the small details can be heard clearly with the X2, my set up would be with my HTC 10 & Cayin C5 or Fiio Q1 using poweramp.

Aug 10, 2016 at 11:03 PM Post #11,188 of 15,268
. I own the M100 and do like them but im thinking of selling them and also they need fixing as one if the cliqfold thingo is broken...., I like a airy sound so I think I should be fine with the X2. Just wondering if the small details can be heard clearly with the X2, my set up would be with my HTC 10 & Cayin C5 or Fiio Q1 using poweramp.

Then sure, you'll dig the X2.  How do you like the HTC 10?  I have the M8 and am looking at that for an upgrade.  Does it need an amp?  I thought the 10 had the DAC/amp built in?

Aug 11, 2016 at 12:33 AM Post #11,189 of 15,268
Then sure, you'll dig the X2.  How do you like the HTC 10?  I have the M8 and am looking at that for an upgrade.  Does it need an amp?  I thought the 10 had the DAC/amp built in?
Im seriously loving it, owned the Fiio X1 for a while and I much prefer the 10 over the X1, I can't comment on how it compares to the higher end DAPs such as the Fiio X5 & Cayin N6 but people are saying really really good things about the 10. I honestly can say the 10 has more than enough power for headphones from 10-300ohms but pair it with a good amp maybe on the neutral or just the little brighter side but does go well with a nice warm tube amp and the 10 will just sound delicious :D. I can 100% say it will be a good upgrade from the M8

Aug 11, 2016 at 4:24 AM Post #11,190 of 15,268
I recently got my second X2. I have owned the X1 three times. I like them over my HD600. The Sennheiser is going back, the X2 stays. I prefer the bass, mids and soundstage on the Fidelio. I have a Gibson pair and the pads are alot better, less itchy than the X1 pads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back