Philips Fidelio X2?!
Jun 18, 2016 at 12:12 AM Post #10,996 of 15,268
@norcalscott
Thanks for the posting. Gotta give it a try over the weekend.
I once left mine on work documents for literally a few minutes, and it left pretty bad stains. Since then I was always worried about keeping them on for long hours...well I still did keep them on because of the sound
rolleyes.gif

But now I shall worry no more!

Jun 18, 2016 at 7:02 AM Post #10,997 of 15,268
hi.fidelio x2 is the last that i buyed.i think my search for new jeadphones is temporarily ended.
i like the sound and am pleased with almost every genere that play with it.
i can hear all the frequency range with very good detail in it but sound is slightly to bassy and dark that is not fatiguing for long sessions.
i think fidelio has two problems.fist the microphonics of cable that i never had this problem with on or over ear headphones and the cable needs to be replaced with a softer and shorter one. the second in the elastic headband with head motions,it produces noises and clicks.

sound stage is not very wide but overall sound i feel listening to hifi speaker system.
very good headphone,i like it.

Jun 18, 2016 at 9:19 AM Post #10,998 of 15,268
Hey!

A week ago I finally decided to "refresh" my previous headphones (Sennheiser HD598) and stopped on a pair of Fidelio X2.
They do sound to my liking, but unfortunately I found them quite uncomfortable (most probably due to their unexpected weight). I tried, as some recommended here, bending them a bit so they won't be so tight, but this makes them move a bit when I move my head, which is not that pleasant. As a result I'm really satisfied by their sound, however this compensates by the fact that I can't wear them for long.
Is there anything I can try to "fix" this or it's just that these headphones are not for me?

Jun 18, 2016 at 9:25 AM Post #10,999 of 15,268
You can try the alternative bass earpads if you aren't using these already [the non-Gibson pads] - http://www.ebay.com/itm/261967950938?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&var=560778232998&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Jun 18, 2016 at 9:34 AM Post #11,000 of 15,268
They look exactly like mine, but except for the BASS PLUS label on them.
Not sure if this will help. However, on the previous page norcalscott told about washin the cushions, which in his opinion made them a bit softer. Maybe I should try this? (or not as this might void the warranty?)

Jun 18, 2016 at 9:37 AM Post #11,001 of 15,268
Not sure if this will help. However, on the previous page norcalscott told about washin the cushions, which in his opinion made them a bit softer. Maybe I should try this? (or not as this might void the warranty?)

If you have the same pads, meaning you have a WOOX mde X2, then yes, they are identical.
I am also a bit hesitant about washing the pads... They are a bit itchy but I don't feel confident in washing them for now :D

Jun 18, 2016 at 9:50 AM Post #11,002 of 15,268
If my headphones were already off the warranty, I would have tried that for sure, but for now...

Maybe I'm just too used to my previous headphones? They rested on top of the head and didn't clamp almost at all. However the feeling with X2 is like it's vice versa - the main point they fix themselves is around the ears (even though it's not true :wink: ).
Just in case do you know if Amazon accepts return or exchange for some other item in cases like these (not like there's anything faulty with them)?
For the time being it looks like I'll trying bending them a bit more and see if this might improve anything for me.

Jun 18, 2016 at 11:03 AM Post #11,003 of 15,268
Try bending. I have noticed the X2 earpads heat up more easily than other velour / velvet / fabric earpads. So try keeping yourself at room temperature 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 18, 2016 at 11:59 AM Post #11,004 of 15,268
I just got a pair of x2s and I can agree that the pads heat up a decent amount. I personally find them to be the most comfortable headphone I own (I have the x2s, thx00, and the og senheisser momentums). My question is how do you know if a dac/amp is a good pairing for the x2s or any headphone for that matter?

Jun 18, 2016 at 12:05 PM Post #11,005 of 15,268
  Hey!

A week ago I finally decided to "refresh" my previous headphones (Sennheiser HD598) and stopped on a pair of Fidelio X2.
They do sound to my liking, but unfortunately I found them quite uncomfortable (most probably due to their unexpected weight). I tried, as some recommended here, bending them a bit so they won't be so tight, but this makes them move a bit when I move my head, which is not that pleasant. As a result I'm really satisfied by their sound, however this compensates by the fact that I can't wear them for long.
Is there anything I can try to "fix" this or it's just that these headphones are not for me?

X2s are medium weight headphones, which are very comfortable for most of the people.

If you are experiencing clamping force issues, you can bravely try to bend the headphone band, they won't break. 
In case you are unable to find a comfortable 'share' of weight between clamping force and weigh that lies on the top of your head, than X2s might just not be for you. 
I personally found X2s to be very comfortable. 

Jun 18, 2016 at 12:39 PM Post #11,006 of 15,268

I don't think it will void the warranty, as long as nothing is accidentally torn or damaged. Washing didn't change the appearance in any way.

Jun 18, 2016 at 1:50 PM Post #11,007 of 15,268
I just got a pair of x2s and I can agree that the pads heat up a decent amount. I personally find them to be the most comfortable headphone I own (I have the x2s, thx00, and the og senheisser momentums). My question is how do you know if a dac/amp is a good pairing for the x2s or any headphone for that matter?

You like the sound it gives ya 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 18, 2016 at 1:53 PM Post #11,008 of 15,268
Quote:
I don't think it will void the warranty, as long as nothing is accidentally torn or damaged. Washing didn't change the appearance in any way.

Did anyone else try washing these pads?
Does it really make them a bit softer like norcalscott described?

As a side question - did anyone compare X2 to, for example, much cheaper SHP9500?

Jun 18, 2016 at 1:54 PM Post #11,009 of 15,268
You like the sound it gives ya :)

I understand that. What I mean by the question is that if I have a headphone how would I know when buying a dac/amp it will be a good pairing? I can figure out how many ohms an amp will power but isn't there more to amplifiers than that?

Jun 18, 2016 at 2:00 PM Post #11,010 of 15,268
Hey!

I believe it's not clamping problem that you are annoyed by? If so bending won't help anything

Now, i know really well how the weight change from 598 to x2 can be very noticeable, i came from 558 myself. But honestly, that's just the way it is. X2 is considered pretty light, most high end headphones weight about the same or more.
I don't know if i can actually train my body to handle weight on head, it's been 1 year and sometime the weight annoys me after a few hours. I am not doing enough sport nowadays, so that maybe it :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back