Philips Fidelio X2?!
Apr 7, 2016 at 12:33 PM Post #10,591 of 15,268
I have zero issues with pads, interesting.

Apr 7, 2016 at 1:10 PM Post #10,595 of 15,268
Most of the X2 owners do not experience skin irritation due to earpads.
If someone has a sensitive skin but like the sound of X2, probably worth to experiment with other earpads.
Simple is that.

Apr 7, 2016 at 3:21 PM Post #10,599 of 15,268
I'd take daemon advice for the itchy pad problem, just to make sure you get rid of any excess chemicals on the pad and soften it.
Most of us doesn't have problem though, so it might be your skin

+1 No problem here.

That said, I hope the couple options given here work for you!

Apr 7, 2016 at 8:08 PM Post #10,600 of 15,268
No problem for me so far with the pads being itchy, but it would probably be trivial to do the "sock mod" on these that I have used on my Monoprice 8323's.  I cut a fluffy sock to make a tube about 4 inches long, with elastic on one side (means you have to destroy a pair).  The elastic side goes on the outside, reaching back to the middle of the cup.  The other side gets turned in around the pad and with the X2's could have holes punched and sit in between the earpad and the cup.

Apr 8, 2016 at 7:06 AM Post #10,602 of 15,268
My pair arrived just now, they have gibson on the box and hi res logo but on the headband there is woox .I had a woox pair one year ago that i sent back for the hd600. These seems to have small era pads than woox version and surely a different material.

Apr 8, 2016 at 9:08 AM Post #10,603 of 15,268
My pair arrived just now, they have gibson on the box and hi res logo but on the headband there is woox .I had a woox pair one year ago that i sent back for the hd600. These seems to have small era pads than woox version and surely a different material.

This is identical to my experience with the x2s.  I remember the first set I had being comfier to wear, like strapping two soft pillows to my head.  The newer set I have are less so, I notice them more when wearing them, but I'm much happier with the sound signature.  If the first set had as much bass weight I would probably have kept them.

Apr 8, 2016 at 10:41 AM Post #10,605 of 15,268
Thought I'd share something, and I'm not sure *why* it's working...

I have an older woox pair and loved them out of an iPhone 5s ("warm air" is how I thought of it). But that phone died, and an iPhone 6s is just not delivering the same euphoria. Weird. 

I bought Massdrop's O2/ODAC and that helped, but what really did the trick was adding about 20' of ancient Radio Shack generic stereo extension cable between the O2 and X-2's.

Go figure. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back