Philips Fidelio X2?!
Mar 23, 2016 at 3:28 AM Post #10,396 of 15,268
  Have just sold mine, I really enjoyed them while I had them, but when I want a similar signature now I reach for my TH-X00.

^^ This

I fully expect TH-X00 to supplant my X2's when I finally get a pair.Until then though, my X2's will be my daily driver of choice :)

Mar 23, 2016 at 9:23 AM Post #10,397 of 15,268
Mar 23, 2016 at 2:55 PM Post #10,398 of 15,268
What the actual ****.

My first pair, which broke when I tried removing the earpads, and I send back. I was pretty happy with the sound quality, and the comfort was ******* kickass. And build quality seemed nice. They where the Gibson pair. I did however not understand HOW anyone could call those balanced?? They where definitely not neutral at all. And the bass was very muddy in alot of songs. :S Sound quality was only okay, actually worse then my HD 555's in most songs, but I think it was the mid's that was really bad on them. Some songs just sounded god awful because of this. Either mids or highs, I'm not the biggest audiophile, but neutral. No way.

I ordered from another place. This is the Woox version. Jesus what a difference. In well, most things. They are very sadly nowhre near as comfortable as the Gibson pair I had, those had huge pads, that was just awesome on the head, couldn't feel a thing, and they where even brand new!! With these, I can def feel them on my head. The pads are of another material and MUCh more stiff. :frowning2: But I can feel it's not too bad. Something that will loosen up I'm sure.

But to the most important bit. These sound AMAZING? What the actual screw?? This is NOT the same headphones as the others. Now I understand why they pricedropped so huge. This sound is just amazing. The other songs I tried on the other pair that sounded like crap, sound ******* awesome on these. MUCH more balanced, but still with that punchy bass. And not muddy at all.

One big gripe though, I get ALOT of jitter, which I did not get from the others. :O Makes me ******* scared. I ordered from Amazon a dac/amp. "SD-793II". Looking forward to seeing if I have the same amount of jitter/**** in there as well. Here is me hoping it will fix this issue, cause they sound ******* fantastic!!

I just saw the HD 600's are really cheap atm, anyone know why this is? Do they also have some issues atm, and what are the sound like on the Hd 600's? I'm a bit put off by Sennheiser, since both my Hd 555's have cracked at the same place. But everyone seems to love the 600's. What is the signature of those?

TL;DR: HUGE difference in sound quality, and comfort between Gibson and Woox pair. They can't even be considered same pair of headphones imo. Gibson win in comfort, Woox in sound quality. Cable is worse on Woox, tangling much more. and give static noise with minimal touch.

Mar 23, 2016 at 3:59 PM Post #10,399 of 15,268
What the actual ****.

My first pair, which broke when I tried removing the earpads, and I send back. I was pretty happy with the sound quality, and the comfort was ******* kickass. And build quality seemed nice. They where the Gibson pair. I did however not understand HOW anyone could call those balanced?? They where definitely not neutral at all. And the bass was very muddy in alot of songs. :S Sound quality was only okay, actually worse then my HD 555's in most songs, but I think it was the mid's that was really bad on them. Some songs just sounded god awful because of this. Either mids or highs, I'm not the biggest audiophile, but neutral. No way.

I ordered from another place. This is the Woox version. Jesus what a difference. In well, most things. They are very sadly nowhre near as comfortable as the Gibson pair I had, those had huge pads, that was just awesome on the head, couldn't feel a thing, and they where even brand new!! With these, I can def feel them on my head. The pads are of another material and MUCh more stiff. :frowning2: But I can feel it's not too bad. Something that will loosen up I'm sure.

But to the most important bit. These sound AMAZING? What the actual screw?? This is NOT the same headphones as the others. Now I understand why they pricedropped so huge. This sound is just amazing. The other songs I tried on the other pair that sounded like crap, sound ******* awesome on these. MUCH more balanced, but still with that punchy bass. And not muddy at all.

One big gripe though, I get ALOT of jitter, which I did not get from the others. :O Makes me ******* scared. I ordered from Amazon a dac/amp. "[COLOR=006699]SD-793II[/COLOR]". Looking forward to seeing if I have the same amount of jitter/**** in there as well. Here is me hoping it will fix this issue, cause they sound ******* fantastic!!

I just saw the HD 600's are really cheap atm, anyone know why this is? Do they also have some issues atm, and what are the sound like on the Hd 600's? I'm a bit put off by Sennheiser, since both my Hd 555's have cracked at the same place. But everyone seems to love the 600's. What is the signature of those?

TL;DR: HUGE difference in sound quality, and comfort between Gibson and Woox pair. They can't even be considered same pair of headphones imo. Gibson win in comfort, Woox in sound quality.

I had both pair of Gibson and Woox. Woox win both comfort and sound. Gibso earpad was so stiff and lints magnet. Return Gibson kept Woox.

Mar 23, 2016 at 7:24 PM Post #10,402 of 15,268
One big gripe though, I get ALOT of jitter, which I did not get from the others. :O Makes me ******* scared. I ordered from Amazon a dac/amp. "[COLOR=006699]SD-793II[/COLOR]". Looking forward to seeing if I have the same amount of jitter/**** in there as well. Here is me hoping it will fix this issue, cause they sound ******* fantastic!!

Jitter is a term for digital timing issues in digital gear. Headphones do not/cannot have jitter. What problem do you hear that you call jitter?

Mar 24, 2016 at 6:14 AM Post #10,404 of 15,268
Yeah they are really two completely different pair of headphones. Also priced completely different, they used to be 2500-3000 but are now on sale at 1500 danish krones. I think they know they made much ****tier versions, and dropped the price because of that. Gibson wan't to save money on production, and they already have a good brand made, because of first shipment being totally awesome, and that is the ones reviewers had in their hands.

It is def not right to make so many, mostly bad changes to a product, and still call it the same. When it is nowhere near the same product.

Mar 24, 2016 at 10:06 AM Post #10,405 of 15,268
I've got a Woox from the time X2 was released and a newer Gibson pair. They look and sound the same.

Mar 24, 2016 at 10:21 AM Post #10,406 of 15,268
It is def not right to make so many, mostly bad changes to a product, and still call it the same. When it is nowhere near the same product.

AFAIK, they never changed the internal design. Drivers, cabling, etc have alwats been the same, the only changes Gibson did when they acquired Woox from Philips was adding glue to the earpads and changing the materials. So there is no difference between an early production Woox can and a late 2015 Gibson 'phone; Gibson never intended to change the sound's signature nor quality, sometging many have attested. Most Gibson reports on this thread have stated that Woox and Gibson sound the same and their only complain was with the cosmetical issues.

Most likely you just got a bad pair, which happens with every product, no matter its nature. Anyways, I'm glad you solved your issue and enjoy your current X2. Congrats, man. :)

Mar 24, 2016 at 12:49 PM Post #10,408 of 15,268
  Has anyone tried the Bass Plus ear pads for the X2 ?
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Bass-Plus-Velvet-Velour-Replacement-Ear-Pads-Cushion-For-Philips-Fidelio-X2-X-2-Headphones-Headsets/32492260181.html

If so, how's the quality, but even more important, how's the depth ? I prefer deeper ear pads, for some reason.

I've got these http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bass-Plus-Velvet-Replacement-Ear-Pads-Cushion-For-Philips-Fidelio-X2-Headphones-/261967950938
Build quality is on par with original. They're a little firmer and deeper than original (with 6 months of use). SQ didn't change much, a tad more bass.

Mar 24, 2016 at 1:20 PM Post #10,409 of 15,268
  They are the same, but cheaper on AliExpress, I think.
Thank you for the info, if they are deeper then it's perfect :)
Don't really care for more bass, or for being firmer than the originals, which on mine are already quite firm, too firm for my taste, but ... I'll get them :)

They are deeper than used X2 pad, but not by much...

Mar 24, 2016 at 5:24 PM Post #10,410 of 15,268
Does anyone have any experience/success in ordering just the drivers from either Philips/Gibson? I have a used pair I recently purchased from the marketplace that has developed both a sound imbalance + a buzzing sound in the right driver, and as it is ineligible for a warranty, I'm fearing I may be running out of luck at this point. Hoping a driver swap is feasible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back