Philips Fidelio X2?!
Mar 20, 2016 at 11:03 AM Post #10,383 of 15,268
^ Sorry for that mate. It really sucks. I'd say your best bet is to buy a secondhand pair of Wooxs again. Seller will be able to vouch on the quality that way too.

Depending on stock, Philips said I'd either receive a new pair of cans, or else I'd just get a refund. If it's the former, I'll see if I'm one of the lucky ones in terms of avoiding any of the sound or QC issues. If it's a refund, I'll hit up the marketplace for another pair of Woox's, absolutely. Thanks for the advice!

Mar 20, 2016 at 11:14 AM Post #10,384 of 15,268
  I believe I wrote a short comparison some time ago. 

Yes, I remember. But the more opinions I hear, the more objective picture I get. I know, Nighthawks are very controversial among reviewers, but still seem to be an exciting pair of headphones. Even though I think they are slightly overpriced.

Mar 20, 2016 at 6:05 PM Post #10,385 of 15,268

Yes, I remember. But the more opinions I hear, the more objective picture I get. I know, Nighthawks are very controversial among reviewers, but still seem to be an exciting pair of headphones. Even though I think they are slightly overpriced.

Good headphones but, as you said, overpriced. I The NH are (a tad) more refined than X2 but for my ears the X2 is a better balanced headphone (at least the pairs I've heard). I've seen NH on ebay going for 390USD which is still twice the price of a mint pair of X2. I don't know 
blink.gif

Mar 20, 2016 at 6:23 PM Post #10,386 of 15,268
  Good headphones but, as you said, overpriced. I The NH are (a tad) more refined than X2 but for my ears the X2 is a better balanced headphone (at least the pairs I've heard). I've seen NH on ebay going for 390USD which is still twice the price of a mint pair of X2. I don't know 
blink.gif

I also like X2 very much. But time to time it is good to try something new. I can have a great deal on a second hand NH. So I give it a try. I can always sell it for the same price, if did not like it. Also TH-X00 is coming in May, so I can have some excitement each month. :) I won't keep both the NH and the TH-X00, only one of them can stay. (And for now my guess is X00s will stay.) But in the meantime I try NH. How else I could gain experience? :)
 There is also a good chance, I will keep only one of the mentioned 3 headphones, and who knows, it might going be the X2s. Or I keep X2s with NH or X00. Will see. Exciting times. :)

Mar 21, 2016 at 2:11 AM Post #10,387 of 15,268
X2s with the proper DAC are very 3D sounding IMO.

Definitely more 3D and bigger soundstage than HD600 or HE400s.

This is what I'm banking on when I get the Mojo for review soon. And if all goes well after my two weeks with it, and my iBasso D14 gets beaten convincingly by the Mojo(used with my Fidelio's of course), I too shall take the plunge.

Mar 21, 2016 at 2:43 AM Post #10,388 of 15,268
This is what I'm banking on when I get the Mojo for review soon. And if all goes well after my two weeks with it, and my iBasso D14 gets beaten convincingly by the Mojo(used with my Fidelio's of course), I too shall take the plunge.

Don't forget to share your impressions later on. :wink:

Mar 21, 2016 at 5:03 AM Post #10,389 of 15,268

Don't forget to share your impressions later on. :wink:

Of course, looking forward to it. And then, after I get through the Mojo, I hope to finally be able to post my own opinions of the Fidelio X2; I'm waiting to just see how high it goes in terms of performance, as I've so far liked it most with the FiiO X7.

Mar 21, 2016 at 4:41 PM Post #10,390 of 15,268
  how the mojo chord will sound on my Philips Fidelio X2, (woox) or shall I for
iFi AudioMicro iDSD to choose ??? choices choices

DO i really need have Amp or will I have enough to DAC
I use to listen to music a Macbook Pro 2015

sorry for my bad English

I am considering to add the mojo also. will be interested in the comments about does these two pair

Mar 21, 2016 at 4:47 PM Post #10,391 of 15,268
  how the mojo chord will sound on my Philips Fidelio X2, (woox) or shall I for
iFi AudioMicro iDSD to choose ??? choices choices

DO i really need have Amp or will I have enough to DAC
I use to listen to music a Macbook Pro 2015

sorry for my bad English

X2 works well with or without amp. However, pairing it with a great amp makes it sing even better. I recently acquired a Teac Ha-501 and when I plugged my X2, I almost can't believe how good it sounds. X2 is really really good. I used multiple amps before and I never heard it as good as this with the said amp. 

Mar 21, 2016 at 7:16 PM Post #10,393 of 15,268
X2 works well with or without amp. However, pairing it with a great amp makes it sing even better. I recently acquired a Teac Ha-501 and when I plugged my X2, I almost can't believe how good it sounds. X2 is really really good. I used multiple amps before and I never heard it as good as this with the said amp. 

X2 is just amazing with Mojo. But with Mojo everything is amazing. :)

Nice to hear more people finding great pairings for the X2's. I've decided to purchase my review sample of the Conductor V2+ because of how it makes the X2's (and everything else :wink: ) sound so amazing........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back