hi 
This is my first post : )
I well get x2 soon 
size]

but I use it for movies 90%

I am thinking about sound blaster e5 or Audioengine D1 
What is the best ?

( using optical input for xbox one )

I've thought and I said I do not need Expensive dac/amp for dsd or dxd  . . . . 
I only use it for movies
&
Thank you 
biggrin.gif

rolleyes.gif

Feb 20, 2016 at 11:44 PM Post #9,994 of 15,268

I'd get the Audioengine.  The E5 has some cool features like SBX virtual surround that are limited to PC only.  With an Xbone you are not really taking full advantage of the device.

The X2's don't even really need an amp.  For me I my Asgard 2 doesn't even go past 1/4 on low gain most of the time.  If you are going to get something with an amp and dac combined I'd lean toward a better DAC then AMP if it came down to it.

Feb 21, 2016 at 12:27 AM Post #9,995 of 15,268

You can try to stretch the headband. It is quite adjustable that way.
No closed earphones will satisfy you under $150, if you already heard X2s.
You can get V-moda M100s for that price, which are relatively acceptable for a closed can in that price range but there is a huge compromise on soundstage. They sound claustrophobic after X2s.

Honestly I owned the mdr-V55 before and I think they sound "okay" unfortunately they are on-ear and they clamp above my ear. Obviously the ATH m50x's are very popular but I've seen many that don't quite like it. Is it bad compared to how the X2's sound? regardless of the obvious difference in sound stage

Feb 21, 2016 at 12:42 AM Post #9,996 of 15,268
  I'd get the Audioengine.  The E5 has some cool features like SBX virtual surround that are limited to PC only.  With an Xbone you are not really taking full advantage of the device.

The X2's don't even really need an amp.  For me I my Asgard 2 doesn't even go past 1/4 on low gain most of the time.  If you are going to get something with an amp and dac combined I'd lean toward a better DAC then AMP if it came down to it.

Thank you for Answer
I dont see only dac products 
schiit dacs needs AC Adapter :frowning2: 
i want something work with usb i am using a laptop
Audioengine seems good but E5 has a nice features
I'm still confused 
triportsad.gif

Feb 21, 2016 at 12:46 AM Post #9,997 of 15,268
  Thank you for Answer
I dont see only dac products 
schiit dacs needs AC Adapter :frowning2: 
i want something work with usb i am using a laptop
Audioengine seems good but E5 has a nice features
I'm still confused 
triportsad.gif

No no you should get a DAC/AMP combo.  I'm just saying that X2's require little power so get something with a great DAC and don't worry as much about the AMP portion.  

Lot's of great products out there.  Schiit Fulla, Micca Origen, Geek Out line, C5 etc etc.  

I'm looking for a portable DAC/AMP combo as well at the moment.  Kind of lost myself because I want it to be at least usable with everything I own.  

Feb 21, 2016 at 1:37 AM Post #9,999 of 15,268

Honestly I owned the mdr-V55 before and I think they sound "okay" unfortunately they are on-ear and they clamp above my ear. Obviously the ATH m50x's are very popular but I've seen many that don't quite like it. Is it bad compared to how the X2's sound? regardless of the obvious difference in sound stage

I had m50x briefly and I did not care for them. They as headphones were accurate enough for a v shapish can and the "sound" is perfectly fine, but they had no width nor depth to the soundstage. Everything sounded like it came from my frontal lobes. That was a deal breaker for me, and left a lasting impression. The X2's imo have better staging and some depth, though I think their prowess in this area gets overstated a bit. The X2 is flatter across the spectrum I think, ie. more flat not totally flat and uncolored.

Feb 21, 2016 at 1:55 AM Post #10,000 of 15,268

I have both M50X and X2. M50X are really good for its price. Soundstage is not bad for close-back headphone. X2 is of course has more refine sound than M50X.

Feb 21, 2016 at 2:48 AM Post #10,001 of 15,268
Finally found a 2014 pair of x2s with woox on the botton of the box with zero mention of gibson for $260 off ebay new and sealed. Could have gotten a pair for less with the little high res audio sticker and chanced getting a glued gibson and maybe even the ring issue, but i felt like playing it safe was the better call. Currently using SHP9500s and i'm pretty excited on moving up to the X2s. I find the 9500s really good, but they just lack bass which just makes listening to a lot of my music less fun. 

It's really slim pickings i feel trying to get good headphones with a removable cable and 3.5mm jack. It was incredibly important that i could plug a vmoda mic into the headphones to use as a headset which was one of the reasons i got the 9500s on top of the hype train behind them. I think i'll completely retire these 9500s if the X2s are anything like the 598s i ABed with the 9500s. I absolutely loved the 598s, but the twist locking 2.5mm cable was a total deal breaker for me. 

Should be getting them sometime later in the week, and the hype train has already left the station 
biggrin.gif

Feb 21, 2016 at 3:43 AM Post #10,002 of 15,268
Finally found a 2014 pair of x2s with woox on the botton of the box with zero mention of gibson for $260 off ebay new and sealed. Could have gotten a pair for less with the little high res audio sticker and chanced getting a glued gibson and maybe even the ring issue, but i felt like playing it safe was the better call. Currently using SHP9500s and i'm pretty excited on moving up to the X2s. I find the 9500s really good, but they just lack bass which just makes listening to a lot of my music less fun. 

It's really slim pickings i feel trying to get good headphones with a removable cable and 3.5mm jack. It was incredibly important that i could plug a vmoda mic into the headphones to use as a headset which was one of the reasons i got the 9500s on top of the hype train behind them. I think i'll completely retire these 9500s if the X2s are anything like the 598s i ABed with the 9500s. I absolutely loved the 598s, but the twist locking 2.5mm cable was a total deal breaker for me. 

Should be getting them sometime later in the week, and the hype train has already left the station :D

Good luck with your new purchase! Give them a week or two of burn in before making any final judgements on them. Im sure you will love them!

Theres a pic 1 page back of the earpads side by side. Can you come back and tell us if yours are shiny/not shiny? Dont worry if they are or aren't, Im just curious to hear what pads the older sets have. I demo'ed a set in 2015 and could swear they were *non shiny.

Enjoy your new 'phones :wink:

Feb 21, 2016 at 7:58 AM Post #10,003 of 15,268

Here is my Fidelio X2, love this headphone!
I am from Holland and once in the past Philips was a gigantic tv and serious audio equipment manufacturer.
So now the glory days are over am I still loving the existence of the Fidelio X2.
These headphones are good quality. I have listened to my AKG k701 for years attached to the Musical Fidelity XCANS V8P.
I now use the X2 combined with my Ibasso DX80, what a great combo !!!

Has someone here also a AKG K812 and X2 in their collection?
I am wondering how they compare or differ.

Feb 21, 2016 at 10:27 AM Post #10,004 of 15,268

No no you should get a DAC/AMP combo.  I'm just saying that X2's require little power so get something with a great DAC and don't worry as much about the AMP portion.  

Lot's of great products out there.  Schiit Fulla, Micca Origen, Geek Out line, C5 etc etc.  

I'm looking for a portable DAC/AMP combo as well at the moment.  Kind of lost myself because I want it to be at least usable with everything I own.  

Will search for these dacs
thank you <3

Feb 21, 2016 at 10:33 AM Post #10,005 of 15,268
Will search for these dacs
thank you <3

Check out the iFi Micro DSD as well. It is a great sounding AMP/DAC and is good for something with low sensitivity and the power hungry. This is something that can grow with what ever you buy. I just bought it and it sounds better then anything Ive heard so far, including the much loved Chord Mojo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back