Philips Fidelio X2?!
Feb 22, 2016 at 2:02 PM Post #10,021 of 15,268

I know mate.
I recently bought Mojo, bought and sold iBasso DX80 and HE-400s.
This hobby just always makes you stretch a little bit further than your wallet likes.

I can't give you 100% objective advice, but I would choose X2s over DT990s any day. Bass is better and more fun, treble is tamed. True quality Hi-Fi experience for me, with a slight bass emphasis.
I prefer X2s over HD600s and HE400s, because listening to music is just more fun with them. I consider it a good deal.
But you do need a proper DAC with them, as out of phone or laptop they sound V shaped, muddy and not clear enough.
My 2 cents.

You've convinced me to take x2
i will buy it now thank you !

Feb 22, 2016 at 2:11 PM Post #10,022 of 15,268
  You've convinced me to take x2
i will buy it now thank you !

I didn't want to convince you. I couldn't take that responsibility. :)
I just shared my experience and liking.
If we get as serious as buying, I have to add also very much depends on what kind of music you listen to. I wouldn't recommend X2s for classical, acoustic or vocal music. But for anything else I strongly would!

Feb 22, 2016 at 2:13 PM Post #10,023 of 15,268

I didn't want to convince you. I couldn't take that responsibility. :)
I just shared my experience and liking.
If we get as serious as buying, I have to add also very much depends on what kind of music you listen to. I wouldn't recommend X2s for classical, acoustic or vocal music. But for anything else I strongly would!

music not a big deal
The important thing is movies

Feb 22, 2016 at 2:17 PM Post #10,024 of 15,268
  music not a big deal
The important thing is movies

You will be fine with X2s for movies. I also use them for movies occasionally. Great bass makes movies true fun! (Explosions, etc.) If you want X2s for movies and not very much for music, you will be more than OK with a cheaper DAC.

Feb 22, 2016 at 2:22 PM Post #10,025 of 15,268
  i have msi pe70 with nahimic 

seems good to me for 1 month with x2 

i can buy e5 but i will broke 1 month 
floatsmile.png

I am having a clear out and could probably sell you my e5 when you are ready.  Good condition, hardly been used, pairs well with x2!

Feb 22, 2016 at 2:31 PM Post #10,026 of 15,268

You will be fine with X2s for movies. I also use them for movies occasionally. Great bass makes movies true fun! (Explosions, etc.) If you want X2s for movies and not very much for music, you will be more than OK with a cheaper DAC.

I've bought them 
atsmile.gif

I'm waiting to arrive

I am having a clear out and could probably sell you my e5 when you are ready.  Good condition, hardly been used, pairs well with x2!

how much ? ship to Saudi Arabia ?

Feb 22, 2016 at 4:58 PM Post #10,030 of 15,268
Blah, I'm currently in UK and there is only one weather that I miss...All of them -.-

I come from Latvia, Where we have a hot summer, cold winter and junk in between either loads of leafs and rain or loads of snow, sandy salt and rain...

Feb 22, 2016 at 6:09 PM Post #10,033 of 15,268
  Anyone else have a lot of trouble getting a proper fit? I can get my X2s to be comfortable maybe 15% of the time.

I find my X2 to be super comfortable, but I'm always fiddling with it to get the perfect fit/perfect sound. It's an endless battle. Darn mastoid process of the temporal bone!

Feb 23, 2016 at 5:35 AM Post #10,034 of 15,268
I made it all the way to page 86 of this thread before ordering the X2. I'll do my best to plow through the rest of the thread, but has anyone tried doing a balanced cable mod on these?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back