Philips Fidelio X2?!
Jan 20, 2016 at 10:01 AM Post #9,544 of 15,268

I have dealt with mass drop on several things.  Even though some people may have their issues with mass drop.  I have only had one and they corrected it.  I don't mind dealing with them. 

Personally i have never bought anything from them. But, if you have, and have returned something to them. How does it work when you return something to them? Do you just contact them, send the product back and get a refund or is it more complicated than that?

Jan 20, 2016 at 10:02 AM Post #9,545 of 15,268

I have dealt with mass drop on several things.  Even though some people may have their issues with mass drop.  I have only had one and they corrected it.  I don't mind dealing with them. 

I don't doubt that.  For me Amazon is just too easy to deal with when it comes to returns.  Plus they give you 30 days whereas Massdrop is just 14.

Jan 20, 2016 at 10:06 AM Post #9,546 of 15,268
  Personally i have never bought anything from them. But, if you have, and have returned something to them. How does it work when you return something to them? Do you just contact them, send the product back and get a refund or is it more complicated than that?

I had an issue with an IEM I bought off of a drop.  They gave me a prepaid shipping label to return it and mailed me out a new one.  Completely painless.

Jan 20, 2016 at 10:06 AM Post #9,547 of 15,268

Unless they changed it,  I don't think mass drop will allow you to return items unless its defective.   I just play it smart and weight out my options with each item 

Jan 20, 2016 at 10:17 AM Post #9,549 of 15,268

I had an issue with an IEM I bought off of a drop.  They gave me a prepaid shipping label to return it and mailed me out a new one.  Completely painless.

Minor correction to my post:  I looked back at my email interaction with them and they didn't give me a pre-paid shipping label but reimbursed me through PayPal for the full shipping cost back to them.  They just requested a scan of the receipt and then gave me the money back through PayPal.

Jan 20, 2016 at 12:34 PM Post #9,550 of 15,268
Got'em today..

ETA:
Original pads to the left, bass plus pads to the right.

First very brief impression is that they at least does not sound bassier.
But they don't feel exactly the same in terms of comfort. Don't know if it's for better or worse, but the materials does not feel 100% identical. Clearly memory foam though. Actually they are softer than the originals, when I press on them, less force is required to press down on them than the original pads.

ETA2:
Less clamping force than with the original pads. Feels a little cheaper than the original pads to be honest. At least the sound didn't sound bassier, which is good. I am planning to pack these into the box again now and save them as a backup.

Jan 20, 2016 at 3:33 PM Post #9,552 of 15,268
  HA  guess  what Massdrop just dropped! lol  https://www.massdrop.com/buy/philips-fidelio-x2  - cut the link in half, you will need to look it up

I wonder if these are the same ones that are messed up

Confirmed by "nicpope" in the Massdrop discussion board as still being glued.  Not that glued is inherently bad..

In other news, back to £175/€199 at Coolshop with estimated stock for Feb 3rd.

Jan 20, 2016 at 5:19 PM Post #9,554 of 15,268
  Anybody know if Philips' contracted manufacturer Gibson has any relation to Gibson guitar company?

It seems Gibson Brands is the parent company behind Gibson, and now the Fidelio brand.

Part of Gibson Brands Inc., one of the world’s leading music lifestyle companies, Gibson Innovations focuses on great sound quality, advanced technology, glue, and sophisticated design to improve the entertainment experience. Our portfolio of brands includes Philips, Philips Fidelio, GoGear, Trainer, Onkyo and Gibson. Our ambition is to become the world’s #1 music lifestyle company.

Jan 20, 2016 at 5:20 PM Post #9,555 of 15,268

It seems Gibson Brands is the parent company behind Gibson, and now the Fidelio brand.

Part of Gibson Brands Inc., one of the world’s leading music lifestyle companies, Gibson Innovations focuses on great sound quality, advanced technology, glue, and sophisticated design to improve the entertainment experience. Our portfolio of brands includes Philips, Philips Fidelio, GoGear, Trainer, Onkyo and Gibson. Our ambition is to become the world’s #1 music lifestyle company.

That's just too perfect

Users who are viewing this thread

Back