Philips Fidelio X2?!
Jan 19, 2016 at 9:05 PM Post #9,527 of 15,268
  Metal trim not in place properly, there's these weird scratches on left grill and the whole glue thing. Sonically they're perfect, well the best I've heard from the 3 pairs I've had through. 

Oh woops.. I remember seeing the scratching. Definitely deserve a replacement. Ive been lucky enough to own 2 pairs that have had no such issues. Im sure the new batch will be great :D

Jan 20, 2016 at 4:47 AM Post #9,528 of 15,268

Try leaving them on a desk with a white sheet of paper underneath for 24h. I am just curious whether the pads bleed ink.

Update: Burning in my X2 at the office with a sheet of paper underneath since Monday. Haven't found any stains or inks on it. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 20, 2016 at 4:54 AM Post #9,529 of 15,268
  Hello eveyone, I hope you guys can help me out. I previously owned a pair of HD598's but decided that i don't find them fun enough. I do a lot of gaming, watching movies/series and listen to mostly house music etc. So i purchased a pair of X2's, and though i love the sound of them so far, they're just a bit too heavy/big for me. I'm a girl with quite a small head and i'm not so sure i'll keep the X2, because they're definetly on the big/heavy side. Are there any alternatives that offer about the same but aren't as big/heavy? I currently don't have an amp/dac to drive my headphones. Oh the X1's aren't available in the Netherlands by the way (as far as i know).

What about Fidelio L2? They're still over-ear but smaller and more portable. The sound is a bit more analytical though.

http://www.amazon.de/Philips-L2BO-Kopfh%C3%B6rer-High-Definition-Neodym-Ger%C3%A4uschisolierung/dp/B00F4P7NG0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1453283660&sr=8-1&keywords=fidelio+l2

Jan 20, 2016 at 9:38 AM Post #9,532 of 15,268
  HA  guess  what Massdrop just dropped! lol  https://www.massdrop.com/buy/philips-fidelio-x2  - cut the link in half, you will need to look it up

I wonder if these are the same ones that are messed up

Yeah, i just got an e-mail from Massdrop about it. I am too wondering if these are going to be the new one's without the glue or of it is just gonna be an older batch.

Jan 20, 2016 at 9:47 AM Post #9,535 of 15,268
  i unsubscribed from this thread a while back,  who made the good ones again?  Woox? or Gibson?

gibson would be making all new headphones now. Regarding the good ones, Philips made official statement in which they claim all their samples have no sound quality issues and glue was part of the new process. Since some models got more glue so they would be removing glue from next batch.

Jan 20, 2016 at 9:50 AM Post #9,538 of 15,268
  Gibson makes them all now.  According to them the new batches will be glueless but I wouldn't order from Massdrop until they confirm whether or not they are selling old or new stock.

Because returning to Massdrop would be much harder than to Amazon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back