Philips Fidelio X2?!
Jan 11, 2016 at 2:24 PM Post #9,256 of 15,268
  Once again I'm hearing people thinking that their two pairs sound identical. Maybe we can hope that most pairs out there sounds the same, regardless of branding, that it's more common that two pairs of X2's sounds identical, than not? You know what I mean? Or is that too optimistic?

Seems reasonable. The differences always seem to be something that could be purely psychological. 

Unless there is solid evidence of the two sounding difference, we kind of just have to assume this.

Jan 11, 2016 at 3:24 PM Post #9,258 of 15,268
Now when listening to a quite bass-heavy track in my X2's i noticed something quite odd, i can feel the driver vibrating and it touches my ear. But only on the side that has the more padding (left side) :/ And no matter how hard i press the right side against my ear i cannot feel the same thing. But it does not sound like the bass it unbalanced :/ It just feels like there is more bass on the left side since i can actually feel the driver vibrating.

What do you make of this? Do you think the drivers are unbalanced? Am probably still going to return it but just curious, never experienced something like this in any other headphone :p

EDIT: Nevermind, got the same thing with bass-boost disabled, just not as noticeable.

Jan 11, 2016 at 3:34 PM Post #9,259 of 15,268
  Now when listening to a quite bass-heavy track in my X2's i noticed something quite odd, i can feel the driver vibrating and it touches my ear. But only on the side that has the more padding (left side) :/ And no matter how hard i press the right side against my ear i cannot feel the same thing. But it does not sound like the bass it unbalanced :/ It just feels like there is more bass on the left side since i can actually feel the driver vibrating.

What do you make of this? Do you think the drivers are unbalanced? Am probably still going to return it but just curious, never experienced something like this in any other headphone :p

EDIT: Nevermind, got the same thing with bass-boost disabled, just not as noticeable.

If you believe all the pollyannas then you should just accept your defective pair and it's all smoke and mirrors.  Now for a constructive reply.

It may or may not be a driver imbalance.  I was able to 'tune' my seemingly imbalanced pair using a combination of pads from different pairs.  I'm of the opinion that the QC on the pads is quite low and one L pad may not be the same as another L pad (or R, if you prefer).  This is a generous assumption, as one could also say the same about the driver matching.

The bass boost on my E10K kind of ruins the sound for me, but I guess it's a matter of taste.  You're clearly having a lot of problems with your pair, so just return them for either a replacement or the HD598.

Jan 11, 2016 at 3:43 PM Post #9,260 of 15,268

This happened to me for a few seconds yesterday and i didn't know what it was. Also the inside left side sometimes touches my ear whereas the right side never does.

Jan 11, 2016 at 3:47 PM Post #9,261 of 15,268
And are you planning on keeping yours? I still cannot really decide if i want to return them. They sound so god damn good in Battlefield and when listening to music. But at the same time, having this many problems with a headphone that costs this much, it is not really acceptable in my opinion, no matter how amazing the sound is.. Then again, the sound is pretty darn good.. Decisions decision, i am not very good at them x)

Jan 11, 2016 at 3:53 PM Post #9,262 of 15,268
Most likely. It only happened for a few seconds so i can deal with it. 

Also i'm not too sure about the alternatives at this price range. Would love to try some k702s but with an decent amp they seem to cost too much.Will definitely be trying 598s when a good deal comes through again. 

Anyways can you not just get a replacement? If the problem comes up again past the 30days, just claim through you warranty.

Jan 11, 2016 at 4:01 PM Post #9,263 of 15,268
  This happened to me for a few seconds yesterday and i didn't know what it was. Also the inside left side sometimes touches my ear whereas the right side never does.

You should RMA your ears. They are not the same size. 
(Ears never are btw)

Jan 11, 2016 at 4:07 PM Post #9,264 of 15,268
  Most likely. It only happened for a few seconds so i can deal with it. 

Also i'm not too sure about the alternatives at this price range. Would love to try some k702s but with an decent amp they seem to cost too much.Will definitely be trying 598s when a good deal comes through again. 

Anyways can you not just get a replacement? If the problem comes up again past the 30days, just claim through you warranty.

Thats the thing, the place where i bought them dont have them in stock anymore and they do not know when they will get them in stock again :/ For me it happens all the time when i listen to some songs with a lot of bass. Do you think it would even out if i leave them all day tomorrow (when i am in school) with some kind of 'Bass-test'? But again no, i cannot really return them and get something new right now and i have no idea when i will be able to do that. And i only have 14-days of being able to just return them no questions asked.

Jan 11, 2016 at 6:30 PM Post #9,268 of 15,268
  And are you planning on keeping yours? I still cannot really decide if i want to return them. They sound so god damn good in Battlefield and when listening to music. But at the same time, having this many problems with a headphone that costs this much, it is not really acceptable in my opinion, no matter how amazing the sound is.. Then again, the sound is pretty darn good.. Decisions decision, i am not very good at them x)

Sorry to hear you purchased an apparently bad pair of X2's and the dilemma on replacing them.  But as an owner of the X2 and the 598 who appreciates them both (agreeing with others eloquent descriptions of them here), the X2's have quickly become my favorite HP.  I fear you may be disappointed with the 598's if you at all like the X2's, so just leave yourself the option of being able to return them too..

Jan 11, 2016 at 6:41 PM Post #9,270 of 15,268
Sorry to hear you purchased an apparently bad pair of X2's and the dilemma on replacing them.  But as an owner of the X2 and the 598 who appreciates them both (agreeing with others eloquent descriptions of them here), the X2's have quickly become my favorite HP.  I fear you may be disappointed with the 598's if you at all like the X2's, so just leave yourself the option of being able to return them too..

Yeah, i was thinking about that, yeah i love the X2's sound other than the issues i am having. But the worst part is, if i send my headphones in for a replacement, they will check the headphones for faults and if they cannot find the faults i reported (which has happened before) i will be charged a 30$ fee for them just checking the headphones. And i dont really trust any kind of customer support that much so i would rather just return them at that point. But then again, will i even like the 598's?

I really cannot decide what to do right now :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back