Philips Fidelio X2?!
Jan 7, 2016 at 12:19 PM Post #9,047 of 15,268
Impression after 10 days of listening -:

• They sound much more open now and sound-stage is amazing.
  • The treble is more present now and the female vocals shine.
  • The bass is good but messes with the mids.

This maybe due to my brain adjusting to the sound of open headphones but they sound really good now.

Interesting. That's exactly what I feel/hear about mine.

Jan 7, 2016 at 12:41 PM Post #9,051 of 15,268
i have two pairs of fidelio x2. Anyone from India wants to buy can PM me....:)

Do they sound the same? What models? Gibsons? Glued? Sound differences?
evil_smiley.gif

Jan 7, 2016 at 12:44 PM Post #9,053 of 15,268
  Do they sound the same? What models? Gibsons? Glued? Sound differences?
evil_smiley.gif

both are Gibson models with one model having easily removable pads. The model with easily removable pads was bought by my friend in USA other i shipped it to India. No sound differences at all and both are glued.

Jan 7, 2016 at 1:46 PM Post #9,054 of 15,268

I PM'd Hammy for his thoughts on how to tell if your X2 is a Gibson or WOOX. Paraphrasing our discussion for benefit of anyone interested.  Thanks Hammy!

-- The writing on Gibson pairs is whiter than that on WOOX pairs (WOOX is more yellow'ish or even gold).  The differences can be seen in the following picture, with the WOOX version on the right, Gibson on left: 
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81ZuMWn5snL.jpg

-- The finish/manufacturing on the underside of the outer leather headband is cleaner on the WOOX version.

-- The metal ring with writing on it which holds the earcup is a different tone than the metal on the earcup itself on the WOOX version.

Jan 7, 2016 at 1:53 PM Post #9,055 of 15,268
Not true.
-- The writing on Gibson pairs is whiter than that on WOOX pairs (WOOX is more yellowish).  The differences can be seen in the following picture, with the WOOX version on the right, Gibson on left: 
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81ZuMWn5snL.jpg

I have a pair which came in a Gibson-labeled box, and the writing is yellowish, like the right headphone in that picture.
-- The finish/manufacturing on the underside of the outer leather headband is cleaner on the WOOX version.

It's clean on my Gibson pair.
-- The metal ring with writing on it which holds the earcup is a different tone than the metal on the earcup itself on the WOOX version.

It is, on my Gibson pair too..

It seems to me like it's less about the WOOX / Gibson branding and more about overall quality control.

Jan 7, 2016 at 1:58 PM Post #9,056 of 15,268
  Not true.
I have a pair which came in a Gibson-labeled box, and the writing is yellowish, like the right headphone in that picture.
It's clean on my Gibson pair.
It is, on my Gibson pair too..

It seems to me like it's less about the WOOX / Gibson branding and more about overall quality control.

Well that sure muddys the waters!  I am just going by the countless examples that you can find ITT and across the internet.  Not sure why your pair would be different.

Care to share a picture of what yours look like?

Jan 7, 2016 at 2:53 PM Post #9,058 of 15,268
Is anyone using the FiiO E18 with the X2?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back